Vaping vs Smoke Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
A thought occurred to me that i haven't seen mentioned - either on the pro or anti side of the ecig debate.

The media pick up on the use of VG/PG in ecigs - and that PG is 'an ingredient in anti-freeze - yet i've never seen it mentioned that both are also used in commercial smoke machines common in nightclubs etc - and in large enough quantities to create enough 'smoke' to fill a room. Whilst i'm sure that these chemicals have been passed as 'safe' - how come i've never seen this mentioned perchance?

Aside from the fact that it obviously doesn't provide the required 'scare tactics' that is!

They also contain triethylene glycol which would appear to be more dangerous and unvapeable too!

Thoughts and corrections appreciated

Barefoot

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Xianning, Hubei Province, China
Whilst it is obvious to a Vaper - did a quick search and i've never seen it mentioned within pro vs anti debates - generally anti say anti-freeze and pro say that PG is safe - without using the smoke machine as an example of mass exposure without permission - nightclubs will these days often have a sign warning folk of lighting that may bring on epilepsy - but i've never seen a warning for those that may have an allergy to PG!

gayhalo

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
Ross-on-Wye UK
Went to see Bon Jovi at Aston Villa football ground. That's open air, no roof. The whole place was non smoking. I am not the sort to like confrontation I went and vaped in the smoking area (out of the ground). When Bon Jovi came on they started up two huge smoke machines with large polythene pipes attached that flooded the stage area and half the football ground with smoke (vapour). Wellllll..... And there was me worrying about vaping. If all the 30000 audience had vaped they could not have made that amout of vapour.

Milkhoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Austin
Me either, even though that's often how I explain what it is I'm inhaling. Nicotine plus what goes in a fog machine. I've been prepared for someone to complain and be able to tell them my vaping shouldn't harm them more than a concert or haunted house would, minus the nic it's probably safer to inhale. I've only gotten positive reactions, though. Hard to complain about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread