Vaping wasn't in the cards today

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesfarrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
So I have 2 "natural" mods. I have all the 3 battery sizes for them. I get to work and 1 hour later no vapor out of either of the mods. I give the batteries a tongue test and it seems like they have voltage. I have 3 atty's with me. AGA T+, Aclear, and a smoktek R. I doubt all 3 of them are dead, so must be my batteries. However yesterday I didn't really vape that much and charged them the day before.

Do the batteries go dead this quick usually? They are IMR 18350 800mah batteries.

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Maybe the other poster has seen your previous posts and knows more about your situation than I do having never read any of your posts. But when you say mod, I think of removable battery like 18650 or what not. Yet when you said you tested the battery on your tongue, that means you have to have a battery that has both contacts on the same side near each other, for you to be able to do this test, which sounds like a 9 volt. Then you say "natural" mod, which makes me wonder if you're using some sort of homemade wooden mod that uses 9V batteries? If so, I would say please stop the craziness, and buy a real mod that won't explode in your face.

jamesfarrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
It is a real mod. It's called "The Natural"

That's the name of it. I am just basically starting out with the mod end of things. I didn't use my 18350 batteries much yesterday and today there is no vapor.

I use the tongue and lip test as I don't have my voltmeter with me. They seem dead and are most likely dead. I'm new to the rechargable battery end of things and I'm wondering if it's just the batteries (18350) don't last long. I have the bigger batteries too but perfer the 350's because of the stealthy size of the mod when they are used.

MaDeuce

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Auburn, OH
Check the connector on the bottom of your attys. Some have a floating connector and depending on what battery mod you are using, sometimes those connector points get pushed in. I've had the same problem with my Bulli Smokers. If that's the case, take the tip of a sharp knife and GENTLY pry up around that connector point. I just had to do that with one of my atty adapters about 30 minutes ago. Hope this helps somewhat.

jamesfarrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Yeah, I have shorts because of that. On the ATA T+ atomizers the pin in the mod pushes up the pin on the atty and shorts the thing out. These batteries have got hot a couple of times. Sucks, I've tried to adjust the pin on my mod, then the housing will have a gap because of it. It's a no win situation. But usually they work. I'm running my coils at 1.8ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread