Vaping while sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

21Clouds

May 13, 2013
Victorville
Does anyone still vape while they are sick?

(I also posted this on the Health and Safety board but haven't gotten any replies.)

I started to feel a sore throat come on a few days ago so I stopped vaping because I thought that was the cause. Turns out I just have a cold... But I still refrain from vaping because I think it could just make my sore throat feel even worse. This morning I woke up with my sinuses congested and achey so I'm tempted to vape and blow out through my nose to try to break some of that congestion up. I know vaping has helped my allergies in this sense, but not sure if its worth the pain I get in my throat...

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I got a 2 or 3 day cold early on in vaping. I vaped menthol and didn't inhale but did exhale through the nose. I think it actually helped as my colds usually last a lot longer... well, of course I was a smoker. But, anyway, you absorb the nic in your mouth anyway so inhaling really isn't necessary. Get well soon. :)

PS: I really see no difference in doing this instead of rubbing Vicks on my chest and inhaling it with my Tshirt neck tented over my nose which is the way I did it for stuffy nose before I started vaping and its a lot less tedious and messy.

21Clouds

May 13, 2013
Victorville
I got a 2 or 3 day cold early on in vaping. I vaped menthol and didn't inhale but did exhale through the nose. I think it actually helped as my colds usually last a lot longer... well, of course I was a smoker. But, anyway, you absorb the nic in your mouth anyway so inhaling really isn't necessary. Get well soon. :)

PS: I really see no difference in doing this instead of rubbing Vicks on my chest and inhaling it with my Tshirt neck tented over my nose which is the way I did it for stuffy nose before I started vaping and its a lot less tedious and messy.

Thanks!
I've had horrible allergies for the last two years since I moved into a home with 2 dogs and desert surrounding us on all sides. Vaping for the last two months has diminished my allergies almost completely. I'm sure if I vape for an hour or so I can relieve some sinus pressure without killing my throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread