Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Greetings,

I'm usually a 100% VG vaping kind of guy. I don't like PG much - don't like the throat hit. While experimenting with different ways to get the VG to wick better I've added as much as 5-10% H20 to the mixture. While the result (on paper) dropped my nicotine % content using water or not was more dependent on wicking/leaking then actually weakening the nicotine in my juice.

(I actually think that having some H2O content makes the nicotine better as the water can be absorbed by the lungs were as VG is to large to be absorbed by the lungs)

This week I've been nursing a sinus cold. While tossing a collection of over the counter helpers at it (along with a "neddy pot") I noticed a late night TV commercial for a "personalized steamer" which (they claim) ought to replace the "neddy pot" along with other sinus moisturizing methods.

I thought: "hey wait a minute - I have a bunch of PV's that could be juiced up with some H2O to do the same thing!".

So I now have three different tanks loaded up - 3mg 20% H2O, 9mg 20% H2O and 12mg 40% H2O.

The first noticeable thing with the addition of the water is the boiling point of the juice was reduced and the mixtures were producing much more clouds/vapor at the set point of 430F. The vape seems "smoother" and less harsh as well. As far as the "cold" my sinuses are not dried and stuffed up and instead of 'dry coughs' there is almost always gunk coming up.

While I'm enjoying the extra smooth vapor I may continue using a large percentage of water content once I'm past this seasonal cold.

Disclaimer: YMMV, Don't try this at home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread