Vaping without battery! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akke92

Jan 25, 2014
Sweden
Hi everyone!
So if you didn't know i used to have the following setup: eGo-T(900 mAh) with a tumbler tank with 1.8ohm coil.
It had a couple of leaking issues but i felt it wasn't worth fixing.

Anyway so i went to this party last friday and i brought the equipment with me
I took a couple of beers and basicly it got stolen

So i found this old CE4 clearomizer with some remaining liquid in it and im wondering:
Is it possible to actually vape on it with the charger or with some 9 volt battery or something? that would be great as
my new battery wont come in 2 weeks :(

Thanks for reading!
Cheers

revco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Missoula, MT
I don't know if it would work very well. Your typical USB output is 5V, much higher than you would usually vape at. You can get something like this, which is a USB based variable voltage non-battery based e-cig.

Sorry to hear about the loss, that sucks. You might try a local shop if you have one...or at least order from somewhere that isn't two weeks away? Oh, and you should probably order TWO batteries. ;)

akke92

Jan 25, 2014
Sweden
I don't know if it would work very well. Your typical USB output is 5V, much higher than you would usually vape at. You can get something like this, which is a USB based variable voltage non-battery based e-cig.

Sorry to hear about the loss, that sucks. You might try a local shop if you have one...or at least order from somewhere that isn't two weeks away? Oh, and you should probably order TWO batteries. ;)

Sadly i live in sweden and in sweden the whole ecig thingy isn't very big so there are not a single shop based on ecig selling :/
but i think that USB thingy looks really cool! what is the shipping time though? :p

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
I've never owned an ego so not sure what the specs on the charger are but what I've done while waiting on my first mech mod in the mail was make a usb pass through. All I did was cut the end of a usb cord off, add a switch and wire it to the atomizer of a disposable Ehookah "removed dead battery". Then just plugged it into a 5v 2600mah usb power pack "used for recharging cell phones". Worked great and you can also just use a usb wall charger if you don't have a power pack. If charger puts out at least 4.2v and 1-2 amps I would think it would work fine but a switch is recommended so you don't have to constantly plug/unplugg to vape. Hope this helps

akke92

Jan 25, 2014
Sweden
I've never owned an ego so not sure what the specs on the charger are but what I've done while waiting on my first mech mod in the mail was make a usb pass through. All I did was cut the end of a usb cord off, add a switch and wire it to the atomizer of a disposable Ehookah "removed dead battery". Then just plugged it into a 5v 2600mah usb power pack "used for recharging cell phones". Worked great and you can also just use a usb wall charger if you don't have a power pack. If charger puts out at least 4.2v and 1-2 amps I would think it would work fine but a switch is recommended so you don't have to constantly plug/unplugg to vape. Hope this helps

i do have usb wallcharger things and i do got switches, my only problem is where to wire on the clearomizer? :p

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
That's a big maybe, pimpin. You don't have any other source of a hook up because setting up some backwoods still to vape on sounds like you're an anti-vaping article waiting to happen

Poor dude is screwd. I feel for him as I also am pretty much in a Vape dessert. Without backups, I would be outta luck also.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
Positive wire to center pin, negative to outer cone metal. Or viceversa doesn't matter. First way is just how it is for use with the battery connector. If charger puts out enough amps 1-2 I'd just use that with a switch cause it has the connector and you won't have to solder to your attomizer.

usb power pack for mobility and will last longer than your ego battery did ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread