The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping without battery! :)

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by akke92, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. akke92

akke92 Full Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Sweden
    Hi everyone!
    So if you didn't know i used to have the following setup: eGo-T(900 mAh) with a tumbler tank with 1.8ohm coil.
    It had a couple of leaking issues but i felt it wasn't worth fixing.

Anyway so i went to this party last friday and i brought the equipment with me
    I took a couple of beers and basicly it got stolen

So i found this old CE4 clearomizer with some remaining liquid in it and im wondering:
    Is it possible to actually vape on it with the charger or with some 9 volt battery or something? that would be great as
    my new battery wont come in 2 weeks :(

Thanks for reading!
    Cheers

2. revco

revco Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Missoula, MT
    I don't know if it would work very well. Your typical USB output is 5V, much higher than you would usually vape at. You can get something like this, which is a USB based variable voltage non-battery based e-cig.

Sorry to hear about the loss, that sucks. You might try a local shop if you have one...or at least order from somewhere that isn't two weeks away? Oh, and you should probably order TWO batteries. ;)

3. anumber1

anumber1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2014
    NW Ohio
    3 dry cells will get ya 4.5 volts. Find a switch n some wire. Add tape. Vape. Maybe

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

4. TheReign

TheReign Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Kaua'i - Nevada
    Hence everyone always saying have a back up! I'm sorry to hear that it got stolen bud, People in this world can be more rotten than tomatoes nowadays.

Definitely consider getting a backup

5. akke92

akke92 Full Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Sweden
    Sadly i live in sweden and in sweden the whole ecig thingy isn't very big so there are not a single shop based on ecig selling :/
    but i think that USB thingy looks really cool! what is the shipping time though? :p

6. iamzg

iamzg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Pennsylvania, USA
    That's a big maybe, pimpin. You don't have any other source of a hook up because setting up some backwoods still to vape on sounds like you're an anti-vaping article waiting to happen

7. akke92

akke92 Full Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Sweden
    Im just not sure where the wiring would go onto the clearomizer? :eek:
    is there no tutorial out there maybe? :p

8. ^Top-Shelf^

^Top-Shelf^ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Central Illinois
    I've never owned an ego so not sure what the specs on the charger are but what I've done while waiting on my first mech mod in the mail was make a usb pass through. All I did was cut the end of a usb cord off, add a switch and wire it to the atomizer of a disposable Ehookah "removed dead battery". Then just plugged it into a 5v 2600mah usb power pack "used for recharging cell phones". Worked great and you can also just use a usb wall charger if you don't have a power pack. If charger puts out at least 4.2v and 1-2 amps I would think it would work fine but a switch is recommended so you don't have to constantly plug/unplugg to vape. Hope this helps

9. akke92

akke92 Full Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Sweden
    Ya... im sick and tired of people wont letting others stuff be....

10. akke92

akke92 Full Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Sweden
    i do have usb wallcharger things and i do got switches, my only problem is where to wire on the clearomizer? :p

11. anumber1

Jan 14, 2014
    NW Ohio
    Poor dude is screwd. I feel for him as I also am pretty much in a Vape dessert. Without backups, I would be outta luck also.

12. drummerskey

drummerskey Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Please don't try to vape without the battery or make something to try.

unless you are an electrician, a engineer or educated electronics professional

13. anumber1

Jan 14, 2014
    NW Ohio
    One wire on the outside of the metal base, one on the center. Trick is getting something with a voltage close and enough amperage.

14. iamzg

iamzg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2014
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Ever heard of knowing enough to be dangerous?

This is an after school special waiting to happen.

15. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Many of the batteries we use are based on Remote Control hobbies.. check out those shops if you have any.. a good 3.7volt battery and an on/off switch work wonders! ;)

16. StrappedKaos

StrappedKaos Moved On ECF Veteran

May 16, 2013
    Raleigh,NC
  17. 8dragon9

8dragon9 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2014
    North Charleston, SC
    Go to convience store and grab a disposable or a blu something along those lines so you can vape in the interim

sent from the s4 of DOOOM

18. drummerskey

drummerskey Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Best advice right there.

19. ^Top-Shelf^

^Top-Shelf^ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Central Illinois
    Positive wire to center pin, negative to outer cone metal. Or viceversa doesn't matter. First way is just how it is for use with the battery connector. If charger puts out enough amps 1-2 I'd just use that with a switch cause it has the connector and you won't have to solder to your attomizer.

usb power pack for mobility and will last longer than your ego battery did ;)

20. TRoxx

TRoxx Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 21, 2013
    NY
    That sounds logical

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.