Vaping without battery! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akke92

Jan 25, 2014
Sweden
Positive wire to center pin, negative to outer cone metal. Or viceversa doesn't matter. First way is just how it is for use with the battery connector. If charger puts out enough amps 1-2 I'd just use that with a switch cause it has the connector and you won't have to solder to your attomizer.

usb power pack for mobility and will last longer than your ego battery did ;)

So it would be like this then?:
Edit.jpg

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
View attachment 305982

If you short the battery, it will heat up real quick and vent. That's dangerous, specially so close to your face.

Yes, it is possible to do this if you are mechanically inclined and understand how to make the connections in such a way that they will stay connected and not short. From the electrical side, you need to make sure you don't draw too much current from whatever batteries you use or they will heat up and vent. If you chose the wrong batteries, they can explode.

This is not a good idea. If you knew how to do this, you would not be asking the questions you are asking. If you have to smoke until you get proper hardware, smoke. Doing that for a week or two is IMO a lot safer than you trying to rig up a e-cig.

akke92

Jan 25, 2014
Sweden
If you short the battery, it will heat up real quick and vent. That's dangerous, specially so close to your face.

Yes, it is possible to do this if you are mechanically inclined and understand how to make the connections in such a way that they will stay connected and not short. From the electrical side, you need to make sure you don't draw too much current from whatever batteries you use or they will heat up and vent. If you chose the wrong batteries, they can explode.

This is not a good idea. If you knew how to do this, you would not be asking the questions you are asking. If you have to smoke until you get proper hardware, smoke. Doing that for a week or two is IMO a lot safer than you trying to rig up a e-cig.

Okay, thank you for your answer!
i guess ill have to wait and take a couple of analogs till then.

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
View attachment 305982

Correct,
But as Ryedan stated "it is possible to do this if you are mechanically inclined and understand how to make the connections in such a way that they will stay connected and not short. From the electrical side, you need to make sure you don't draw too much current from whatever batteries you use or they will heat up and vent. If you chose the wrong batteries, they can explode. If you knew how to do this, you would not be asking the questions you are asking"

If you are not familiar with wiring, battery safety and don't own a multimeter you should probly just wait until you get a new PV. The information highway is your friend, learn as much as often as you can ;)

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
If you live near Stockholm there's a vape shop in Vällingby. Several shops in the Malmö-region, and scattered shops elsewhere. There are also a number of webshops that'll get you a battery in 1-2 days. I don't think I'm allowed to mention them here, but join the facebook group e-cigarett Sverige and you'll get the information

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If you live near Stockholm there's a vape shop in Vällingby. Several shops in the Malmö-region, and scattered shops elsewhere. There are also a number of webshops that'll get you a battery in 1-2 days. I don't think I'm allowed to mention them here, but join the facebook group e-cigarett Sverige and you'll get the information

I know of no rule that forbids you mentioning the shops Ken.

Melissa549

Verified Member
Jan 28, 2014
Eau Claire, WI
I don't know if it would work very well. Your typical USB output is 5V, much higher than you would usually vape at. You can get something like this, which is a USB based variable voltage non-battery based e-cig.

Sorry to hear about the loss, that sucks. You might try a local shop if you have one...or at least order from somewhere that isn't two weeks away? Oh, and you should probably order TWO batteries. ;)

I got one of those Mini VV USB's from DiscountVapors and I love it. Don't forget you need a 2amp adaptor (like the ipad's use) if you want to plug it into an outlet and not your computer. Going to get a couple more, just because my biggest fear is having it break and my battery go on permanent vacation and being without my vape. Also going to buy myself an extra battery or two, and eventually work my way up to DIY coils and juice, so I will never be left in the lurch.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I know of no rule that forbids you mentioning the shops Ken.

Ok, I'll post some shops then :) The one in Vällingby is slutanu. The two webshops that are the best (I think, I order pretty much everything from abroad) are wayeasy and lightyourfire (lyf). I think they're all .com, but try .se if it doesn't work. At least from lyf you should be able to get a battery the day after you order it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Maybe I am just too new to vaping or misunderstanding the question, but rigging your own battery seems ridiculously dangerous. Doesn't a local store have a disposable e-cig, like a Blu to hold you over in the meantime? Why try to blow yourself up when you can just walk to the store and get a cheap set up to use for two weeks? :confused: OR does a friend or family member have a spare set up you can use in the meantime? You can't be the only vaper in your town, I would think.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
Sadly i live in sweden and in sweden the whole ecig thingy isn't very big so there are not a single shop based on ecig selling :/
but i think that USB thingy looks really cool! what is the shipping time though? :p

Were in sweden do you live? There's some e cigg stores.
And most small tobacco shops got cigg-alikes (better than nothing, or ciggs anyway)

And if they got no nicotine cartos you can drop a few drops of liquid inside them (I did that, it worked out realy well, not sure if it's good to do so tough)

Or order batteries from Lightyourfire, you'll get the stuff within 1-2 days, i got mine in just 1 day. They're well known for their fast shipping. :)

stylezuk

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
JackieZombie:12249649 said:
Maybe I am just too new to vaping or misunderstanding the question, but rigging your own battery seems ridiculously dangerous. Doesn't a local store have a disposable e-cig, like a Blu to hold you over in the meantime? Why try to blow yourself up when you can just walk to the store and get a cheap set up to use for two weeks? :confused: OR does a friend or family member have a spare set up you can use in the meantime? You can't be the only vaper in your town, I would think.

Yep last thing we need is more for the ANTZ and this could and would just be an accident waiting to happen advising someone to make there own vape ware when not knowing there skill and even with skill could turn bad. OP order a spare set online and then in future this won't be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread