The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping without battery! :)

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by akke92, Feb 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Papajohns

Papajohns Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2013
    LB, CA, USA
    You know what would be cool?

A solar powered vape. Someone get on it!

2. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    Let's be careful of the advice we give please. Untested/unproven methods of trying to rig up something to vape on is not recommended.

3. akke92

akke92 Full Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Sweden
    So it would be like this then?:
    Edit.jpg

4. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    If you short the battery, it will heat up real quick and vent. That's dangerous, specially so close to your face.

Yes, it is possible to do this if you are mechanically inclined and understand how to make the connections in such a way that they will stay connected and not short. From the electrical side, you need to make sure you don't draw too much current from whatever batteries you use or they will heat up and vent. If you chose the wrong batteries, they can explode.

This is not a good idea. If you knew how to do this, you would not be asking the questions you are asking. If you have to smoke until you get proper hardware, smoke. Doing that for a week or two is IMO a lot safer than you trying to rig up a e-cig.

5. akke92

akke92 Full Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Sweden
    Okay, thank you for your answer!
    i guess ill have to wait and take a couple of analogs till then.

6. ^Top-Shelf^

^Top-Shelf^ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Central Illinois
    Correct,
    But as Ryedan stated "it is possible to do this if you are mechanically inclined and understand how to make the connections in such a way that they will stay connected and not short. From the electrical side, you need to make sure you don't draw too much current from whatever batteries you use or they will heat up and vent. If you chose the wrong batteries, they can explode. If you knew how to do this, you would not be asking the questions you are asking"

If you are not familiar with wiring, battery safety and don't own a multimeter you should probly just wait until you get a new PV. The information highway is your friend, learn as much as often as you can ;)

7. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If you live near Stockholm there's a vape shop in Vällingby. Several shops in the Malmö-region, and scattered shops elsewhere. There are also a number of webshops that'll get you a battery in 1-2 days. I don't think I'm allowed to mention them here, but join the facebook group e-cigarett Sverige and you'll get the information

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

8. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I know of no rule that forbids you mentioning the shops Ken.

9. Melissa549

Melissa549 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Eau Claire, WI
    I got one of those Mini VV USB's from DiscountVapors and I love it. Don't forget you need a 2amp adaptor (like the ipad's use) if you want to plug it into an outlet and not your computer. Going to get a couple more, just because my biggest fear is having it break and my battery go on permanent vacation and being without my vape. Also going to buy myself an extra battery or two, and eventually work my way up to DIY coils and juice, so I will never be left in the lurch.

10. Bunnykiller

Bunnykiller ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 17, 2013
    New Orleans La.
    yup dont do this unless you know how
    DSCF0026.jpg

11. Ohms Lawbreaker

Ohms Lawbreaker Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    Right Behind You
    This has been my standard recommendation for DIY modders working with Duracells and lamp cord, use one of these instead:

temp.jpg

If you don't know how to use one of these, don't mess around.

12. Markus765

Markus765 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2014
    Nipomo, Ca
    I agree! Don't try to rig something up that might literally blow up in your face! I hate to say it, but in your situation I'd go back to stinkies before I tried to do what some are suggesting.

13. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Ok, I'll post some shops then :) The one in Vällingby is slutanu. The two webshops that are the best (I think, I order pretty much everything from abroad) are wayeasy and lightyourfire (lyf). I think they're all .com, but try .se if it doesn't work. At least from lyf you should be able to get a battery the day after you order it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

14. JackieZombie

JackieZombie Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    LaFayette, GA, USA
    Maybe I am just too new to vaping or misunderstanding the question, but rigging your own battery seems ridiculously dangerous. Doesn't a local store have a disposable e-cig, like a Blu to hold you over in the meantime? Why try to blow yourself up when you can just walk to the store and get a cheap set up to use for two weeks? :confused: OR does a friend or family member have a spare set up you can use in the meantime? You can't be the only vaper in your town, I would think.

15. SleeZy

SleeZy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2014
    Sweden
    Were in sweden do you live? There's some e cigg stores.
    And most small tobacco shops got cigg-alikes (better than nothing, or ciggs anyway)

And if they got no nicotine cartos you can drop a few drops of liquid inside them (I did that, it worked out realy well, not sure if it's good to do so tough)

Or order batteries from Lightyourfire, you'll get the stuff within 1-2 days, i got mine in just 1 day. They're well known for their fast shipping. :)

16. stylezuk

stylezuk Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2013
    Rugby
    Yep last thing we need is more for the ANTZ and this could and would just be an accident waiting to happen advising someone to make there own vape ware when not knowing there skill and even with skill could turn bad. OP order a spare set online and then in future this won't be an issue.

17. Planisphere

Planisphere Full Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Brookfield, WI
    Just wanted to say it's awesome to see people talking about the Swedish vaping scene!

18. gorech

gorech Full Member

Feb 9, 2014
    NC, USA
    Can I get a link to that vender?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.