Vapor Bomb Double Flavor - Oh Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cali C

Jul 12, 2010
San Diego

Hey guys,

I posted this at the end of an 80 page thread, and I think it just got lost there, so I'll create a new post for it.

I have a few questions:

1) For those of you that ordered double flavored juices, what kind of a difference does that make over the regular flavor? I hate getting flavors that I can barely taste.

2) When Double flavoring, nearly 40% of the liquid is now flavoring -- how will that affect vapor and throat hit? I imagine there is some reduction since the amounts of PG and/or VG are lowered to allow for more flavoring in the eliquid.

3) Anybody who has ordered various
PG to VG mixes, can you tell us how different the vapor and flavor was? A 50/50 mix sounds like it would be the perfect amount of vapor and throat hit?

4) I'm reading about how low resistance atomizers help bring out the flavor. How do I know if I have a low res atomizer?

5) And what is classified as low res?

6) Is there really a major diffrence between low and reg resistance atomizers? If so, what?

7) When you go from 12mg to 18mg nicotine, do you notice a drastic flavor change?

Thanks!!!

-Cali

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
I can answer a few of these:

#2) Assuming the flavorings are suspended in a PG base, my brain says "well, since ~40% of the juice is going to be inherently PG, I could specify the rest to be plain VG"...And that's assuming that VB doesn't already do this math for you. For example, Harry and Jerry might be already taking the PG/VG content of the flavorings into perspective when mixing the juices rather than simply allowing the user to specify the ratio of bulk PG/VG used. Some clarification on this one, Harry? :)

#3) I can't speak for all vendors, but VaporBomb's juice is pretty good on the vapor-production quality/volume regardless of whether you're vaping 80/20 or 50/50. With the 80/20, your vapor isn't going to be that thick, lingering fog that you're going to get with the 50/50, that's all. 50/50 and higher-VG ratios will give you a thicker vapor, and a little more volume. Something else that I've found rather interesting is that VB's juices don't make the customer sacrifice flavor in lieu of vapor when opting for a higher VG concentration. I've ordered and/or vaped every PG/VG ratio that VB offers, and the flavors are just as robust no matter the ratio.

#4) Honestly, you'll find that *higher resistance* is better for bringing out the flavor than lower resistance is. Lower resistance (also termed "LR") is better for increasing the vapor output (because lower resistance "burns fuel faster" than higher resistance), and can actually decrease the flavor sensation depending on the flavor type. Personally, I have found that juices with a heavier flavor are better on LR atties and cartos, where juices with light/tart flavors (i.e. fruity stuff) are better on standard resistance.

As for how to tell, there are two ways. First, some manufacturers denote this by stamping it on the bottom of the connector with a "LR" marking...Some even print it onto the band of the atty (such as Totally Wicked). If there's no visible indicator, then one can simply grab a multimeter, set it to the "ohms" setting, and touch the positive lead to the center of the atty and the negative to the outer threaded portion of the connector. Which leads me to...

#5) Standard resistance comes in somewhere between 2.8-3.2 ohms, with 3.0 ohms being the usual. LR's are anywhere between 1.8-2.4 ohms, usually being billed as 2.0 ohms. These variances are because (1) atties are naturally higher resistance than cartos, and (2) no two coils will have the same resistance since they're wound by hand.

#6) LR's produce much more vape than standard's. They can make a regular 3.7V batt feel closer to what a 5V mod would. Not the same...But close. They'll also suck down battery power quicker, too. Also, see #4...Higher temps tend to "cook out" the flavors, where lower temps preserve it.

#7) Again, this depends on the juice-maker...But with VB, nope. It all tastes the same to me regardless of dosage.

Hope this helps, and happy vaping!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread