The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vapor Giant clone question.....

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by havoc1967, Dec 19, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. havoc1967

havoc1967 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 21, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Good morning everyone. Haven’t been on here for awhile but have a question. I am considering the Vapor Giant clone, well......just because ;). My juice delivery system of choice is the uwell crown 3, as opposed to rda’s which is what I used with all my mechs. Will that tank, or any other similar tanks, work with this type of mechanical safely?

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Some folks will likely disagree with what I have to say. Although we used clearomizers on mech mods back in the day (we didn't have any other choice, other than cartotanks and disposable drip atomizers and before there were regulated mods), in this day and age we generally DON'T recommend using them on mechanical mods.

The propensity of factory-made drop-in coils to have shorts right out of the box is the reason. If you still insist on using these on a mech mod with no protection circuitry, make sure that you check the coil resistance on an ohm reader or regulated mod before firing it . I'd also suggest to re-check the coil resistance on a strict routine basis for shorts.

My suggestion is to use a clearomizer only on a regulated mod that has protection circuitry.

And if your clone comes with an extension tube to allow dual battery stacking, make sure that you understand Ohm's Law calculations for a dual battery " series" mech. (see image below)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ben85

Ben85 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    This ^^^^^^

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Violetti Usva

Violetti Usva Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 1, 2017
    Is it just me that finds the words "danger zone" enticing? Damn Kenny Loggins...

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. havoc1967

Aug 21, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Thank you for the responses. Got rid of all my mechs, I am just tired of messing with RDA's. The VG is a novelty I know, but I think it would be fun at home. But only if I can safely use it with my favorite tank right now - the Uwell Crown 3.

6. havoc1967

Aug 21, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Add to my last post - I still have my Electric Angel (legit, not clone) because I love that side button. Don't use it anymore because my primary mod is 26650 so now I stick with that battery.

7. j3000

j3000 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2012
    Michigan
    I have the vapor giant clone, and I love mine but I do like big heavy Vapes, also I would only use RDAs and RTAs on all my mechs just to be safe, 26650 mods either stacked or single throw a hell of a lot of pospo and it would be Scarry to think what would happen if you have a short.
    My advice if you are going to use a sub ohm tank get rid of the mechs, and buy a regulated device that can handle the power you need.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1