The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Question about knock off coils.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by H4X0R, Apr 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Scy123

Scy123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2014
    Canada
    Forgot to mention the wire below the garment should not touch the upper metal body either.

• Like Like x 1
  2. H4X0R

H4X0R Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2014
    NM
    Weird now that I notice this, the authentic coil doesn't have any wire on the side exposed. The grommet is in place, but there's no wire coming out the top or bottom of the grommet.

3. bwh79

bwh79 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    The whole bottom pin. The top part (A) is the negative lead on the coil, it is in contact with the metal body of the atomizer and, when installed, is connected to the outer threaded portion of the 510 connection. The other part (B), the whole bottom pin, is connected to the positive lead, and when installed contacts the center pin on the 510 connection. These upper and lower / inner and outer portions are ultimately connected to the positive and negative terminals of the power source, and must be kept insulated from each other so that the shortest, nay the only possible path for electricity to flow from one to the other is for it to go through the coil. In one end and out the other, which is why it is also imperative that no part of the coil (except the leads) must ever touch any part of the atomizer body (except the terminals).

4. Scy123

Scy123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2014
    Canada
    On my authentic I can still see them. They might of just cleaned up the wiring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.