Vapor sets off smoke alarm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
The molecules are large enough to block the lasers...smoke detectors work kinda like the laser safety devices for garage doors, or bells for stores.
As long as the laser light hits the other side it wont trip the alarm...but when smoke..or in this case vapor gets in the way it goes off.

If that's true then wouldn't your hand set it off if it got in the way somehow??

Jimmy_2k9

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2009
Hamilton, Oh
I was wondering about this but couldn't find a way to ask, lol.

I work for a cleaning company, cleaning banks and verizon wireless stores. For some odd reason I always have to use the john when I'm at my accounts. When at home I always vape while on the john, just seems to... help. I was hesitant about doing this at work, in fear I'd cause some alarm to go off and the sprinklers in the ceiling to start raining on everything.

StudioKraft

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
NJ, USA
www.studiokraft.com
I set off a smoke alarm in my basement with my 901, but that was probably because I was directly beneath it, and the cold, humid air in the basement may have prevented the vapor from dissipating as quickly as it normally would.

Like other posters have said, you probably need a lot of vapor and close proximity to the alarm to set it off, depending on the type of alarm and how sensitive it is.

budster

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
I was wondering about this but couldn't find a way to ask, lol.

I work for a cleaning company, cleaning banks and verizon wireless stores. For some odd reason I always have to use the john when I'm at my accounts. When at home I always vape while on the john, just seems to... help. I was hesitant about doing this at work, in fear I'd cause some alarm to go off and the sprinklers in the ceiling to start raining on everything.

We had to really try hard to set the smoke alarm off. I'd bet you couldn't do from 7 - 10 feet away if you tried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread