Vapor Shark rDNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rekrap

Moved On
Jul 30, 2014
DFW, TX, USA
First post. Just to get the first one in.

Just got the Vapor Shark rDNA. What a great mod. Very solid and sturdy. The 510 with the floating connection lets my attys sit flush and level.

Very solid battery cover. Inside, the battery is very secure. The battery is backward to most other devices; positive is down.

It came fully charged, but with only 2100mah and running .8 ohm the life wasn't great. I replaced with a 2800mah. Battery life is better. Charging via USB is very fast compared to my external battery charger.

I have run a few attys on it:
  • Magma
  • PlumeVeil
  • kayfun 3.1
  • Russian B.I.G.

The Kayfun looked silly on the smallish device. The Russian B.I.G was redonkulous. When I have permissions, I will load a pic.

The Magma and PlumeVeil both fit VERY nicely. The width and hight of the attys fit the form of the rDNA perfectly.

I run the Magma at 15 watts with a 1.2 ohm coil. With that, the battery life is great.

I run PlumeVeil at 30 watts and a .7 ohm coil.

Also, it looks like the ohm check must round up. I built a .45 ohm on the PlumeVeil and my other regulated mods that also bottom out at .5 ohm wouldn't run it. The rDNA would and it read it as .5 ohm.

All in all, I am VERY pleased with the rDNA and recommend it to others.

PROS:
  • Size
  • construction
  • design
  • asthetics

CONS:
  • More color choices in Sharkskin for rDNA (only red and green atm)
  • Wireless charging card for rDNA

Rekrap

Moved On
Jul 30, 2014
DFW, TX, USA
Three week update on the rDNA.

Still loving this device. I did replace the battery with a 2800mha battery. When I am running over 15 watts it doesn't last all day.

I dropped it once and that caused a small problem with the battery. Both the positive and negative leads are folded pieces of steel. When I dropped it the positive lead bent too far. The battery was too short to hit both posts at the same time. I used a paper clip to pull the lead back out. That solved it. No other damage to the device. It is tough.

Also, the adjustable 510 connection pin has gotten stuck down a few times. Once you take the battery cover off and remove the battery, using an allen wrench you can open the other half of the device that hold the electronics. I could see the pin sticking down on the underside of the 510 connection. I touched it with a small screwdriver. It jumped back up where it should have been.

I still love this device. It is my go-to device now for everything above .45 ohm.

They have all the sharkskin colors now and a wireless charging card as well now. I ordered some sharkskins, wireless card and two charging bases (work and home). Those will come in this week. I will write again and let you know what I think about those.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread