Vapor sticking to surfaces around you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Way2Gone

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Indiana, USA
Is it harmful if vapor is all over surfaces like in your house or even in your car if you happen to vape in it too. I mainly vape the most just at my house. So i am sure the surfaces around here after about a year of vaping are starting to get some juice buildup. Not a lot but some i am sure. Luckily, at my house, all the common surfaces that are used or touched like desks, dinner tables, counters and so on are cleaned on a daily basis. Basically we keep the house as cleaned up as possibly anyways you know... But places that aren't cleaned as much like walls and doors for example, does the juice contaminate these areas? I am more concered with the nicotine than anything. Not the pg, or the vg...

What are your thoughts on this folks..? Thanks for the support if you could.:confused:

I am concered more about my nephews, which are kids that visit here often. The other people that live in this house(which are all grownups), it doesn't seem to bother them, that I have noticed.

Last edited:

dragonpuff

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The amount of nicotine in exhaled vapor is so minimal that there's no reason to believe it will cause any health problems, even in babies. Even after vaping in the same room for a year, I'm willing to bet there's less nicotine built up in your carpet than there is in an average tomato :)

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
Is it harmful if vapor is all over surfaces like in your house or even in your car if you happen to vape in it too.......<snip>

I've been vaping since 2009 and vape mostly in the den area of my home, but do occasionally vape elsewhere in the house. The only place that I have noticed any kind of build up is on the interior surface of the windows during cooler months. Computer monitor screens, mirrors, picture frame glass and shiny counter top surfaces do not have any build up. My best guess is the cooler surface of the glass attracts the vapor and thus causes a build up of film. I've also noted that there is a direct correlation between the amount of film on the glass and the amount of VG that is contained in the juice I am using. The higher the VG ratio the more frequent the window washing. This made me think about lung build up so whenever possible I use juice with the smallest content of VG

Last edited:

Majestic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2009
N.E. Wisconsin
I was told I'm going to be a Grandpa for the first time. I told my daughter (who has questioned second hand vape several times) that I would not vape around her or the baby. Not that I think it would be harm full, but out of respect for a non vaper/smoker. Even in my own home.

My daughter wasn't concerned as much about second hand vapor as she was about the lingering odor of some juices. In her first home I set up shop in her formal dining area which was infrequently used and thus vaped there away from the grand kids. Only problem was the aroma / odor left behind. In her new home I just decided to avoid all complaints. On the warm weather days I vape outside and during the cold days I vape in their attached garage and if it's really cold I vape next to the exhaust fan in the kitchen or bathroom.

Way2Gone

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Indiana, USA
I've been vaping since 2009 and vape mostly in the den area of my home, but do occasionally vape elsewhere in the house. The only place that I have noticed any kind of build up is on the interior surface of the windows during cooler months. Computer monitor screens, mirrors, picture frame glass and shiny counter top surfaces do not have any build up. My best guess is the cooler surface of the glass attracts the vapor and thus causes a build up of film. I've also noted that there is a direct correlation between the amount of film on the glass and the amount of VG that is contained in the juice I am using. The higher the VG ratio the more frequent the window washing. This made me think about lung build up so whenever possible I use juice with the smallest content of VG

Yeah I was concerned when I went to my local vapor store in town and the windows there had a pretty good size film on them. It is cold around here though, I live in Indiana and we get cooollld winters. Not only that but every worker in there uses drippers and they have a lounge for the regular folks who want to come and hangout, therefore, the place is always rolling in vape..hince why they have such a bad film there I imagine. I haven't noticed as much film around my house but we keep it pretty clean around here anyways.

As to others. I shouldn't have to worry about nicotine on surfaces then correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread