Vapor Toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vap0rJay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Maryland
So browsing the net I stumble across something quite interesting! If e-cigs and vaporizers and PG are so dangerous and controversial -- how is it possible this is flying under the radar? After all, isn't this all for the children?!? Wouldn't demonstrating the fact this technology is used in children’s play toys in front of law makers be yet another win for common sense?

Zero Vapor Toys: Zero Toys Online Store

Blaster-P.gif kristinWiz2.jpg

:shock:

And then when you read the FAQ (with MSDS none-the-less!)

ZeroToys.com - FAQ

Q: What is in the fluid?
A: A water based non-toxic liquid that is similar to the fluid used in special effects fog machines. The Fluid consists of Distilled Water, Glycerin (a USP kosher food additive) and Propylene Glycol (a USP kosher food additive). For more information view the Material Safety Data: sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3.

Q: How does it work?
A: The Zero line of toys took 2 years to develop. At the heart of the toys is a patented specialized “Vapor Generator” that very efficiently utilizes the energy of the batteries to create an abundant, rich, smoke-like vapor. When you pump the fog lever or fog button the fluid is forced through the Vapor Generator (essentially a tiny heater) and is vaporized into the front fog chamber. Then by striking the rubber diaphragm at the back of the chamber the fog rings are produced. For more information go to our science page.

:unsure:

Last edited:

Vap0rJay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Maryland
I believe some people have vaped using the 'Wizard Stick', and ironically although it is meant to be a toy, it looks more like a "water pipe" for smoking "other" substances than any e-cig or mod I can think of!:blink:

Ironically, the first thing I thought when I saw that was 'water pipe.' :laugh::vapor:

Old news I guess. :( Figured it was noteworthy. :D

it probably is.

The effort it would take to concentrate enough of the active ingredient in <substances prohibited by federal law> down to just a few drops of liquid to use in a e-cigarette or Wizard Stick would be better used to make a tincture to add to beverages or cooked into foods. There's not really any point in using a liquid vaporizer for substances that you are trying to use discretely when there are already many smoke-free delivery methods that are just as effective and far more discrete than vaping.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
And here's a new argument to use against those who try to claim that vapor contains toxic substances:

Could scented candles kill you? They're many women's favourite indulgence - but their fumes are as toxic as cigarettes. Since they are often lit in poorly ventilated rooms, such as bathrooms, or during the evening when windows are likely to be closed, the release of chemicals can cause indoor pollution that is potent enough to raise the risk of asthma, eczema and skin complaints. More alarming were the findings from a study by Dutch scientists, who measured the air particles in churches that burned candles for up to nine hours at a time. They found ten times as many damaging free radicals — molecules that can cause cancer — in the air inside the churches as they did in the air beside a motorway.

Sorry, I got this via email and don't have a link to the source.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
So browsing the net I stumble across something quite interesting! If e-cigs and vaporizers and PG are so dangerous and controversial -- how is it possible this is flying under the radar? After all, isn't this all for the children?!? Wouldn't demonstrating the fact this technology is used in children’s play toys in front of law makers be yet another win for common sense?

Zero Vapor Toys: Zero Toys Online Store

View attachment 45555 View attachment 45556

:shock:

And then when you read the FAQ (with MSDS none-the-less!)

ZeroToys.com - FAQ

Q: What is in the fluid?
A: A water based non-toxic liquid that is similar to the fluid used in special effects fog machines. The Fluid consists of Distilled Water, Glycerin (a USP kosher food additive) and Propylene Glycol (a USP kosher food additive). For more information view the Material Safety Data: sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3.

Q: How does it work?
A: The Zero line of toys took 2 years to develop. At the heart of the toys is a patented specialized “Vapor Generator” that very efficiently utilizes the energy of the batteries to create an abundant, rich, smoke-like vapor. When you pump the fog lever or fog button the fluid is forced through the Vapor Generator (essentially a tiny heater) and is vaporized into the front fog chamber. Then by striking the rubber diaphragm at the back of the chamber the fog rings are produced. For more information go to our science page.

:unsure:

All you ever wanted to know about the Wiz...and then some :laugh: ...here.... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/62775-wizard-why-not.html

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
The effort it would take to concentrate enough of the active ingredient in <substances prohibited by federal law> down to just a few drops of liquid to use in a e-cigarette or Wizard Stick would be better used to make a tincture to add to beverages or cooked into foods. There's not really any point in using a liquid vaporizer for substances that you are trying to use discretely when there are already many smoke-free delivery methods that are just as effective and far more discrete than vaping.

I've suddenly gotten an urge for some brownies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Found a link to the story Elaine... Could scented candles kill you? They're many women's favourite indulgence | Mail Online

Maybe we should all pick up one of these toys and bring into the next round of legislative fights!

Maybe we should bring in a large scented candle, plus one of those toys. Then ask, which of these two products do you think is more hazardous to health?

BTW, I hate scented candles. There is something about the scents that upsets my stomach. When I go into a restroom that uses an strong odorizer (I know, I know, they call them a "deodorizer" but IMHO that's a misnomer) I try to hold my breath the entire time I'm in there. Since that usually isn't possible, I end up breathing through my mouth while holding my nose.

The last time I went shopping for a candle I ended up buying nothing because it seems that 100% of them are scented now. The only scent that I can stand at all is Vanilla.

Yet I have no problems with the fragrances from flavored e-cigarette liquid. Maybe it's the "essential oils" they use in the candles?

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Maybe we should bring in a large scented candle, plus one of those toys. Then ask, which of these two products do you think is more hazardous to health?

BTW, I hate scented candles. There is something about the scents that upsets my stomach. When I go into a restroom that uses an strong odorizer (I know, I know, they call them a "deodorizer" but IMHO that's a misnomer) I try to hold my breath the entire time I'm in there. Since that usually isn't possible, I end up breathing through my mouth while holding my nose.

The last time I went shopping for a candle I ended up buying nothing because it seems that 100% of them are scented now. The only scent that I can stand at all is Vanilla.

Yet I have no problems with the fragrances from flavored e-cigarette liquid. Maybe it's the "essential oils" they use in the candles?

I'm with you, but sometimes some e-liquids make me sick too, but just the crappy perfume-smelling ones. one time I got a sample carto of "orange juice" from Vapor4life, made me SO friggin dizzy and nauseous, I was vaping it in the car and I chucked it out the window right then and there!

Vap0rJay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Maryland
I'm with you, but sometimes some e-liquids make me sick too, but just the crappy perfume-smelling ones. one time I got a sample carto of "orange juice" from Vapor4life, made me SO friggin dizzy and nauseous, I was vaping it in the car and I chucked it out the window right then and there!

Viking Vapor's chocolate fudge brownie was vomit in a bottle ;) I feel ya.

afrazier5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I try to hold my breath the entire time I'm in there. Since that usually isn't possible, I end up breathing through my mouth while holding my nose.
I do the same but I think it's just due to me going into the men's room - I mean damn brothers...I'm trying to vape in here!
8-o

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I do the same but I think it's just due to me going into the men's room - I mean damn brothers...I'm trying to vape in here!
8-o

sqirl1 said:
couldn't be worse than Vapor4life's VG chocolate milk.... most disgusting crap I have EVER had

Interesting juxtaposition of posts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread