Vaporesso Gen mod firmware update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
Hi ECF fans,

Not sure if any of you already get the Gen mod in hand. How do you like it?

Your Gen will automatically detect the resistance of all your coils, BUT it will not automatically set anything for you UNLESS you're using a temperature control (TC) coil.

It'll ask you if you want to go into SMART TC mode - the smart means that it'll set the appropriate temperature for you
I know for some starters who prefer to use wattage mode, it might still be a good feature to recommend the wattage for you when attaching a new tank.

Now our engineers make an update to the firmware to add the smart mode in which will recommend both the resistance and wattage for you

Download on our website: https://www.vaporesso.com/download-manuals-for-vapes

So do you think this feature is nessesary or not? Comment to let us know
upload_2019-8-7_16-49-18.png

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
I'm very close to ordering a Gen mod but for some reason I can't quite explain, I keep putting off buying it. After reading this post, though, I think I may go ahead & buy it.

I've been moving away from dual 18650 mods lately for single 21700 devices. But I've heard so many great things about the Gen & I'm almost certain it'll be a great device to own. It has a robust set of features & I hear the Axon chip has amazing performance for the money.
I also found the mod only for a very reasonable price in the color I want (black), so I'm leaning heavily toward making the purchase.

Should I decide to pull the trigger, I'll let you know what I think of it once I've spent some time using it. :)

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
I'm very close to ordering a Gen mod but for some reason I can't quite explain, I keep putting off buying it. After reading this post, though, I think I may go ahead & buy it.

I've been moving away from dual 18650 mods lately for single 21700 devices. But I've heard so many great things about the Gen & I'm almost certain it'll be a great device to own. It has a robust set of features & I hear the Axon chip has amazing performance for the money.
I also found the mod only for a very reasonable price in the color I want (black), so I'm leaning heavily toward making the purchase.

Should I decide to pull the trigger, I'll let you know what I think of it once I've spent some time using it. :)
Thank you so much for your support

jhon666

Aug 10, 2019
Hi ECF fans,

Your Gen will automatically detect the resistance of all your coils, BUT it will not automatically set anything for you UNLESS you're using a temperature control (TC) coil.

It'll ask you if you want to go into SMART TC mode - the smart means that it'll set the appropriate temperature for you
I know for some starters who prefer to use wattage mode, it might still be a good feature to recommend the wattage for you when attaching a new tank.

Now our engineers make an update to the firmware to add the smart mode in which will recommend both the resistance and wattage for you

View attachment 830879

my Gen mod does not work in TC or smartTC at all, I only use SS316l or nichrome wire, I even purchased another mod and the same thing, TC does NOT happen...I should have just got a dna mod

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
my Gen mod does not work in TC or smartTC at all, I only use SS316l or nichrome wire, I even purchased another mod and the same thing, TC does NOT happen...I should have just got a dna mod
Sorry for your trouble, what's wrong with the TC mode? Can you send a video to show the problem to us so we can check for you?

jhon666

Aug 10, 2019
Sorry for your trouble, what's wrong with the TC mode? Can you send a video to show the problem to us so we can check for you?

Nothing happens on either of my gen mods, it goes to pulse mode I only use ss316l coils, I've tried 10 attomizers with the same stainless builds and even nichrome. When I select smart tc it goes back to pulse mode, when I choose SS in TC it burns my cotton

• Agree
Reactions: SolVenatus

Irked Particle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
www.twitter.com
So I did decide to order a Gen, & I received it Monday afternoon. Got the black one, mod only.

Holy crap, Vaporesso, you've outdone yourself on this mod. I am absolutely shocked at how gorgeous the thing is. It's so sleek & sexy, & the feel of the grip is out of this world. I can't stop touching the dimpled sides! Wonderful.

Not only is it beautiful, but vaping in Pulse mode is a treat. I love it. This Axon chip fires extremely fast & the response is fantastic. I have a matching black Profile Unity RTA sitting on it & the two together are heaven. When I installed the atomizer I could hear the short firing the mod does to scan the atomizer. Just awesome.

I'm so, so glad I bought this! I've been generally moving toward single 21700 mods lately so this was a bit of a departure from my recent trend, but I cannot overstate how happy I am that I bought this particular mod.

I can't wait to try Power Eco mode. When I eventually try TC it'll also likely be on this mod. I don't see myself using any other dual 18650 mod for a while because I can't keep my hands off this thing.

Anyway, I realize I'm gushing here, but I really am that impressed with the Gen. If you're reading this & can't decide on whether to buy one or not, please do yourself a favor & get one. You won't be disappointed; at least I'm not!

Thank you Vaporesso for creating what, in my opinion, is Mod of the Year in 2019! And that's saying a lot because there have been some other really nice ones released this year! :)

Last edited:

Bjorn79

Aug 13, 2019
Hi ECF fans,

View attachment 830879
Hello a have the vaporesso gen my software is axon chip ver1.0 DPCBAT24 2019 06-18
Do I need to update the software on my vaporesso gen mod

• Optimistic
Reactions: sparkey909w

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
So I did decide to order a Gen, & I received it Monday afternoon. Got the black one, mod only.

Holy crap, Vaporesso, you've outdone yourself on this mod. I am absolutely shocked at how gorgeous the thing is. It's so sleek & sexy, & the feel of the grip is out of this world. I can't stop touching the dimpled sides! Wonderful.

Not only is it beautiful, but vaping in Pulse mode is a treat. I love it. This Axon chip fires extremely fast & the response is fantastic. I have a matching black Profile Unity RTA sitting on it & the two together are heaven. When I installed the atomizer I could hear the short firing the mod does to scan the atomizer. Just awesome.

I'm so, so glad I bought this! I've been generally moving toward single 21700 mods lately so this was a bit of a departure from my recent trend, but I cannot overstate how happy I am that I bought this particular mod.

I can't wait to try Power Eco mode. When I eventually try TC it'll also likely be on this mod. I don't see myself using any other dual 18650 mod for a while because I can't keep my hands off this thing.

Anyway, I realize I'm gushing here, but I really am that impressed with the Gen. If you're reading this & can't decide on whether to buy one or not, please do yourself a favor & get one. You won't be disappointed; at least I'm not!

Thank you Vaporesso for creating what, in my opinion, is Mod of the Year in 2019! And that's saying a lot because there have been some other really nice ones released this year! :)
Thank you so much for your support! And really glad to hear that you enjoy the Gen! We will be more than happy to know that and will keep working on better ones!

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I do not own the Gen yet but thinking on picking one up for review here (stunning mod) but to get back to your question on smart mode for wattage my vote is yes because people that are new to vaping can use the setting the mod recommends as a starting point for them without going to high and burning out a coil and discouraging them from using the Gen.

Chaku

Aug 18, 2019
    Hi ECF fans,

View attachment 830879

Hy. So i love this mod! It looks so great and its just perfect. BUT! I can't use it in smart tc or tc mode with my kylin m or profile unity.
    I use vandy vape ss316l 300 mesh and in smart tc i take one puff and its all burn down! Do i take the tc mode, tcr on 88, or 92, 100, 105.. 55 watt, 235°C Maximum!!! I cant go higher cause its burning the cotton! So where is the problem? 0,17 ohm. I dont knoe what i do false?! Did you tested it with mesh??? Is there all ok with smart tc? I dont know, but i thought i put my kylin m on the gen, take smart tc and vape, but no, i cant vape it on smart tc or tc. What should i do?

• Agree

ScratchnSniff

Jun 21, 2014
    Thailand
    TC with the Gen mod is definitely a problem and a new firmware needs to be provided....the latest one does not address it.

I alerted Vaporesso about this some time ago as I found that two separately purchased Gen mods (from 2 different vendors weeks apart) had the exact same problem. In short, the mod is reading rebuildable atomizer resistances incorrectly adding, in my case with both mods, upwards of .03 to .06 added resistance which translates into SmartTC, standard TC values and the built-in SS316L profile to deliver far-far too hot of a vape. I needed to do a custom TC and set the value between 60 and 70 with SS316L to get a decent TC vape (usual TCR values for 316L are 88 or 92 and vaporesso uses 105 by default if I recall correctly). Even after adjust the TCR way down, the vape spikes with power surge in the beginning regardless of how low you set the wattage setting along with the TCR value...even a wattage value as low as 10 watts can still have the spike. The spike of power is not terrible but it really shouldn't be there and if someone wanted it, should be available by increasing the wattage value above a default, not having it always there even with a very small value.

Additionally, I have found that the incorrect resistance readings seem to affect all my RTAs which typically have resistance values of .40 ohms or higher using SS316L simple spaced round wire builds. For example, an RTA with a value of .45 on another mod has an increased and incorrect value of .50 on the Gen mod.

Oddly, low resistance coils like the included Skrr tank (.21 ohm?) don't seem to be as affected and read fairly accurately but then again I don't believe they are SS316L and are not used in TC modes.

Love the mod look and feel but the TC is a problem for me...my Vaporesso Luxe is much-much better with TC than the Gen mod.

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2016
    Hy. So i love this mod! It looks so great and its just perfect. BUT! I can't use it in smart tc or tc mode with my kylin m or profile unity.
    I use vandy vape ss316l 300 mesh and in smart tc i take one puff and its all burn down! Do i take the tc mode, tcr on 88, or 92, 100, 105.. 55 watt, 235°C Maximum!!! I cant go higher cause its burning the cotton! So where is the problem? 0,17 ohm. I dont knoe what i do false?! Did you tested it with mesh??? Is there all ok with smart tc? I dont know, but i thought i put my kylin m on the gen, take smart tc and vape, but no, i cant vape it on smart tc or tc. What should i do?
    So sorry for your inconvenience. Does it not work both in Smart TC and regular TC mode? Did you try the same on another mod with the same settings? And how does it work?

NaRMZ JDT

Aug 21, 2019
    Some of the customers give us feedback that the firmware they download might be in Chinese. Our engineers already correct it and upload again on our website. You might try within half an hour to download the updated one

I just bought myself the Gen & having the same problems said by other members here on TC vaping. I have downloaded & installed the E-Cigarette V1.6 software from Vaporesso's website, but am a bit clueless where to get the ROM Updates.

Also the software seems can't detect the File Information in the ROM Update section.
    Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Last edited:

ScratchnSniff

Jun 21, 2014
    Thailand
    I just bought myself the Gen & having the same problems said by other members here on TC vaping. I have downloaded & installed the E-Cigarette V1.6 software from Vaporesso's website, but am a bit clueless where to get the ROM Updates.

Also the software seems can't detect the File Information in the ROM Update section.
    View attachment 833659

View attachment 833661

Thinking they may have slipped in a newer firmware than the ver 1.2 originally announced in this thread, I downloaded this latest package. Indeed, it looks like they forgot to include the needed *.bin file (ROM update file) and instead only supplied the English firmware app installer.

Perhaps @Vaporesso_Chelsea can let the engineers know so they can include the firmware ROM for download.

Firmware/ROM ver 1.2 (included in installer app version 1.5) does not fix the TC problem. I do hope they can fix that with a new firmware relatively soon.

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread