Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    vaporesso luxe PM40 Turbo Boosting Tech

The new Mod Pod by Vaporesso the Luxe PM40 has an integrated 1,800mAh battery and comes with a new revolutionary system called "Turbo Boosting Tech", the air flow and power are fully adjustable, the new anti-loss system provides the use of updated GTX coils.

Enjoy the reading

The Luxe PM40 comes in a sturdy sliding opening box, on the front it shows the new device and some features in the icon form .

1.jpg

On the back there are the specifications, the content, the scratch & check and the usual logos & brands.

2.jpg

On the side we find the address of Shenzhen Smoore Technology Limited and the name of this new Device.

3.jpg

Once the outer sleeve has been removed from the package, underneath we find a refined black case, I was really pleased to find a replacement pod in this package ...

Content:
    1 LUXE PM40 battery
    2 LUXE PM40 cartridges
    1 Mesh Coil GTX 0,6Ω
    1 Mesh Coil GTX 0,8Ω
    1 USB Type-C cable
    1 User manual
    1 Warranty card

4.jpg

Features and specifications:
    Dimensions: 96.45mm x 30.6mm x 21.5mm
    Weight: 85gr
    Chipset: AXON 2.0
    Display: 0.69 inch OLED screen
    Battery capacity: 1800mAh
    Output power: 5-40W
    Pod capacity: 4ml (TPD version is 2ml)
    Coil: GTX 0.6Ω Mesh Coil (20-30W)
    Coil: GTX 0.8Ω Mesh Coil (12-20W)
    Charging: USB Type-C, 5V / 2A
    Filling type: Top Filling
    Cut-Off: 10s
    Technology: Turbo Boosting with AFC

5.jpg

6.jpg

Available colours:
    Silver, Black, Lava, Jade, Carbon Fiber

7.jpg

First impressions:

8.jpg

Despite a clear resemblance to the Smok Nord2, examining the Luxe PM40 was more interesting than I expected.

The Luxe PM40 is available in a beautiful range of colors, the gunmetal frame with a silky finish conveys a pleasant feeling, the screen is very bright and appears to be the same as the GTX One and Xiron. The panels are beautiful and extremely shiny, the only adjustment button is located on one of them, in the other we find the AFC adjustment cursor, the three slots (2 + 1) for air passage are placed at the top on the narrow sides of the Mod, while the Type-C charging socket is located low on the front.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    AFC operation:

This system has proved to be quite innovative, the air flow slider is sufficiently "braked" and maintains the set position even with the device in the pockets. The adjustment takes place via an internal tracked belt that allows you to divide 3 slots (2 + 1) at will, visible below in the photo.

11.jpg

The compartment / pod is shaped to house the cartridge with a simple interlocking system, which does not require holding magnets.
    On the bottom of the mod there are indications regarding the chip (Axon), the battery (1800mAh) and the place of production. There are no vent holes for the internal battery, any release would then pass through the USB-C socket.

12.jpg

Pod:

The black tip is shaped like a duck bill, is comfortable for the lips and works as a removable Top-cap to access the refilling area just like on the Xros.
    The filling takes place via a one-way membrane valve that lets the liquid in and closes when the tip is extracted, it prefers needle dispensers, however it is also possible to insert plastic spouts that are not too large.
    There is a vent hole near the refill valve to stabilize the feed and prevent abnormal pressures inside the cartridge.

13.jpg

The cartridge is extremely transparent and is of great technical innovation, in addition to the aforementioned handy refill, the really interesting thing is the anti-leakage feeding system! In practice, once the coil is inserted into the cartridge, the air intake slots are inside the tank and not outside, the air passage is therefore obtained in an area raised above the bottom of the coil.

I had sent a lot of feedback to Vaporesso recommending them to use this solution as an upgrade, I like to think that they listened to me putting this very valid solution into practice.
    Good Vaporesso thanks !!!

14.jpg

As you can clearly see in the image below, the new GTX coils now have an extra o-ring on the base, the suction slots of the coil are sealed between two o-rings inside the cartridge, this helps to eliminate possible losses of liquid.

* The new GTX coils can however also be used on previous devices.

15.jpg

How the Vaporesso Luxe PM40 works:
    Through the single selection key / fire we can perform the following operations:
    - Five clicks to turn on / off the device
    - Three clicks to vary the wattage, the watts flash, with each subsequent click we increase by 1w at a time, when you reach 40W you start again from 5W
    - The Wattage block, done automatic after 5s of inactivity
    - The chipset has the convenient Smart function active, when a new coil is inserted it sets the best wattage.
    Note * the puff counting system is cumulative and cannot be reset, reset occurs automatically at 999 puffs.

16.gif

17.jpg

TURBO BOOSTING TECH
    Exploration of taste
    Driven by an advanced extra voltage circuit, the AXON chip with the innovative "Turbo Boosting Tech" function maintains the peak of the first puff constant throughout the delivery period, maintaining the aromatic yield at a high level, the cut off calibrated on 5s, it protects the coils from rapid deterioration.

Below is a comparison chart between the "Turbo Boosting Tech" and a classic by-pass system.

18.jpg

The built-in 1800mAh battery recharges completely in about 60 minutes, during the charging phase the battery-level flashes on the screen. When the device is fully charged the battery-level stops flashing and charging stops.

The autonomy of Svapo is very good, if you are not compulsive vaping it is not difficult to do a whole day without recharging the device.
    With the 0.8Ω Mesh Coil I managed to do 374 Puffs at 18W.
    With the 0.6Ω Mesh Coil I managed to do 281 Puffs at 26W.

19.jpg

- Vaping test Mesh Coil GTX 0,8Ω range 12-20W.
    By inserting this coil the Smart function detects it and proposes it at a "best wattage" of 18W, respecting this value I started vaping, the first thing I thought was that this was a 0.2Ω or around them! But then I checked and the screen showed 0.79Ω.

Incredible puff is really angry, powerful and steady until clean cut after just 5s (cut-off), now I understand what the advertised wording "Turbo Boosting Tech" really means and I also understand why the cut-off is set to 5s. Five seconds of continuous Puff is enough time for any vaper's (at least for me) my average stands at 2.8s / 3s for each Puff. Surely the intervention of the Cut-off is providential to safeguard the longevity of the coil, so it is welcome.

The aromatic yield of Vaporesso's GTX coils is well known and is considered by many vapers to be at the top, this coil specifically goes beyond the best expectations, you can vape at only 18W with the AFC completely open and produce consistent clouds of vapor, or tighten the AFC for a hotter and smothered vape with lots of blow in the throat. The aromatic yield is high and everyone can customize it to taste only by adjusting the AFC.

- Vaping test Mesh Coil GTX 0,6Ω range 20-30W.
    By inserting this coil, the Smart function detects it and proposes it at a "best wattage" of 26W, also in this case I respected the pre-set value, of course the performance is even higher than the previous one, the thrust is really prompt and insistent , the maximum steam production is obtained with AFC wide open, while for the highest flavor tip it is necessary to slightly partialize the AFC, but not too much if you do not want to burn your tongue! This is a coil that performs well in an open DL configuration.

* During the initiation phase of the new coils, I recommend not to put liquid inside it, but only to prime the external holes cotton and wait at least 10 minutes after inserting it in the tank and before starting to vape.

Final conclusions.
    This mod looks very much like others on the market, but so far it turns out to be the best of this type that I have ever tried, will it be the magic of the "Turbo Boosting Tech" function ?? I do not know! But what I do know is that it works damn well!

As usual, I will draw up a ranking of the best 10 devices I have tested during the year in this period, so in this unfortunate 2020 the Vaporesso Luxe PM40 will certainly be included in my personal list of TOP devices.

Pros:
    Compact
    Attractive design
    Immediate reaction to the fire
    Turbo Boosting is very effective
    Excellent aromatic yield
    Silent puffs
    Integrated 1,800mAh battery
    Quick refill without removing the pod
    Innovative AFC with 3 adjustable slots
    Type-C 2A quick charge

Tips:
    Puff reset absent, automatic reset at 999 puff.

Thanks to Vaporesso for sending this product for the review:
    LUXE PM40 » Vaporesso

20.jpg

Reactions: hittman
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread