Vaporesso Luxe S battery problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Seme

Aug 22, 2019
Greece
Hello Guys, i am a new member here and i would like to start with a problem i am dealing with a vaporesso Luxe S mod which i recently bought. I purchased that mod brand new from a shop here in Greece. And got 2 VTC6 18650 batteries aswell. Since day one i have a battery problem which is shown in the video below:

The only way i can make it work is to hit it on the bottom, or remove and re-insert the batteries again hoping it will work. Some times it works some times it takes me like and hour to make it work. I cant seem to find the cause, tried to clean with a papel the possitive and negative and i always clean that mod in order to avoid e-liquid leaks in the device.

Any thoughts? I am really dissapointed on that purchase :(

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Hello Guys, i am a new member here and i would like to start with a problem i am dealing with a Vaporesso Luxe S mod which i recently bought. I purchased that mod brand new from a shop here in Greece. And got 2 VTC6 18650 batteries aswell. Since day one i have a battery problem which is shown in the video below:

The only way i can make it work is to hit it on the bottom, or remove and re-insert the batteries again hoping it will work. Some times it works some times it takes me like and hour to make it work. I cant seem to find the cause, tried to clean with a papel the possitive and negative and i always clean that mod in order to avoid e-liquid leaks in the device.

Any thoughts? I am really dissapointed on that purchase :(

Welcome to the forums. Your battery wraps are torn. DO NOT use batteries with torn wraps – extremely dangerous. You can cause a short which can lead to thermal runaway.

Replace your cells or have them re-wrapped. Many tutorials on YouTube demonstrating this. With new batteries/wraps, try your device again to see if the problem persists.

• Winner
Reactions: Baditude

Bill Seme

Aug 22, 2019
Greece
Welcome to the forums. Your battery wraps are torn. DO NOT use batteries with torn wraps – extremely dangerous. You can cause a short which can lead to thermal runaway.

Replace your cells or have them re-wrapped. Many tutorials on YouTube demonstrating this. With new batteries/wraps, try your device again to see if the problem persists.

Hello and thanks for the fast reply. Those batteries suffered that torn cause this mod doesn't have a tape to remove the batteries so the only way is finger nails. Those batteries are a week old :/

• Disagree

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Hello and thanks for the fast reply. Those batteries suffered that torn cause this mod doesn't have a tape to remove the batteries so the only way is finger nails. Those batteries are a week old :/

They could be minutes old, fresh off the assembly line (hypothetically speaking) – do not use batteries with torn wraps. I am not saying your damaged wraps are the cause of your Vaporesso malfunction. But I would not even entertain trying to trouble shoot it until the wraps have been replaced or the batteries have been replaced.

With a little exposure, you will learn how to install/remove your batteries with a little more care. I’ve torn wraps with my devices and chargers. But it is absolutely critical you do not use batteries with damaged wraps.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Any specific thought about the problem regarding the mod battery error??

Difficult to say. It may very well be because your wraps are damaged. One cell looks like a short to the device and the fact you haven’t experienced a battery vent or thermal runaway is just pure luck!

I know that is not the answer you are looking for. But I had to address the elephant in the room, and that was your damaged wraps. Please, PLEASE, replace your wraps or replace the cells. Then trouble shoot your device.

• Agree

Bill Seme

Aug 22, 2019
Greece
Could be a malfunctioning device new right out of the box, could be you have fake/counterfeit cells.

At 47 seconds the display shows one cell dead / completely discharged / not making contact at all.
Could be something wrong with the battery sled +/- contacts, or short from torn wrap.
If i change the batterie's position the same battery indicator blinks which means or the left position of the mod has the problem or both batteries are faulty. I was thinking the problem might actual be that the batteries have a discharge rate of 20A whereas the mod in the back box says use >=30A

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
If i change the batterie's position the same battery indicator blinks which means or the left position of the mod has the problem or both batteries are faulty. I was thinking the problem might actual be that the batteries have a discharge rate of 20A whereas the mod in the back box says use >=30A

The mod will draw the current it needs in order to meet your prescribed wattage. If you set your device to 200 watts, that is a ~35 amp draw on the batteries. But if you set your device to 50 watts, that is ~ 9 amp draw on your batteries.

70 watts, as it is displayed in your video, is only approx. ~13 amps per cell. Even if your cells had a CDR rating of less than 13 amps, your device would still draw the needed 13 amps, and the cells would provide as long as they do not heat up to the point of venting or thermal runaway.

Reactions: Bill Seme

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Maybe what's happening is the mod turning off power delivery as a safety measure, because of that damaged wraps. I learned how fundamental is to always have a pristine battery wraps when my Revenger X, my first ever mod, simply refused to work without any apparent reason. I, then, went back to shop asking for warranty service. They immediately looked at batteries, identified the issue, teached me how I could have died because of it, made a complete re-wrap in both batteries and I was good to go again. Since then I'm kind of paranoic with all my cells...

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Just ordered new 18650 + a kit of cool wraps to fix those. Just a bit afraid right now cause i charge them on external charger hope they don't blow up

Then do not charge them and wait for your new wraps to arrive.

Try your new and or re-wrapped batteries in your Luxe and report back.

Also, if you are relying on your vape kit as a smoking alternative, perhaps entertain the thought of a back up kit as a contingency.

• Winner

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

Actually the vtc6 is a 15a CDR cell that can be pushed to 20a as long as cell temp doesn't rise.
Good for about 45w per cell.

---> Bench Retest Results: Sony VTC6 15A 3000mAh 18650…a fantastic 15A/20A battery!

I'd lean more towards something wrong with the battery sled contacts, or lesser chance the contact points between the sled & power device.
I believe the sled is plastic / non conductive.

If you remove the cells & measure voltage individually what are their voltages?
Both the same?

• Informative

Bill Seme

Aug 22, 2019
Greece
Just changed my cells wrap which was piece of cake and problem persist. I will try some new batteries and if problem persists i will send it back. Really disappointed for a 95€ kit

My thought was that u get what u pay for and after watching tons of reviews on this mod i didint find any wrongs with it that's why i purchased it. Probably i should have bought a legend mod

IMG_20190822_160749.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread