Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
I have two units.
Neither "leak", but the pods seem prone to condensation buildup. (approx 70%VG juice)
I have taken to releasing the button about a second before I stop drawing. This helps clear the device of vapor and minimizes the amount of condensate that accumulates.

How are your pods leaking?

Cheers

I

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
Hi,
I have two units.
Neither "leak", but the pods seem prone to condensation buildup. (approx 70%VG juice)
I have taken to releasing the button about a second before I stop drawing. This helps clear the device of vapor and minimizes the amount of condensate that accumulates.

How are your pods leaking?

Cheers

I
Do you have condensation buildup on the exterior of the pod that ends up underneath it?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Do you think it is coming from the mouthpiece area or directly from the bottom?
I ask because I think some of the "leaks" are actually condensation or that tiny half drop of juice that gets caught in the area around the PTF opening.

In a fortunate kitchen accident, I found the sliding MP to be easily reattached and as needed, detached again. (I fill with a 100ml bottle)
Under the sliding MP, on the pod and within the MP hides a drop or so of AWOL juice.
When refilling, I remove the MP slide and dry any juice found on either the MP or the pod body/rubber gasket. (remember to ream out the MP "drip tip". )
You can also twist a corner of vaper towel into the air hole on the pod to dab up moisture.
20191223_153641.jpg

HTH
I

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
Do you think it is coming from the mouthpiece area or directly from the bottom?
I ask because I think some of the "leaks" are actually condensation or that tiny half drop of juice that gets caught in the area around the PTF opening.

In a fortunate kitchen accident, I found the sliding MP to be easily reattached and as needed, detached again. (I fill with a 100ml bottle)
Under the sliding MP, on the pod and within the MP hides a drop or so of AWOL juice.
When refilling, I remove the MP slide and dry any juice found on either the MP or the pod body/rubber gasket. (remember to ream out the MP "drip tip". )
You can also twist a corner of vaper towel into the air hole on the pod to dab up moisture.
View attachment 868917

HTH
I
Thanks for going to the trouble of taking a picture. When I slide the mouthpiece back, I can see a little liquid along the edges of the top of the body of the pod, and I suppose that is caused by condensation, but it doesn't seem to account for the liquid that coats the the sides of the pod and the pod receptacle, including the battery contacts. It only coats the part of the pod that is hidden inside the receptacle.

Reactions: Izan

Droid 0121

Dec 3, 2019
NJ
I've had a podstick since they first came out. Been through 25-30 pods and haven't had a leak accept once and it was my own fault. I tend to use a few pods at once because I like to change up flavors and also will keep some filled with a go to flavor or CBD.
The only time I had a pod leak it wasn't even in the device. I had it sitting on an end table that is right in front of the heat exchange vent. It was a really cold day so the heat kept kicking on. When I went to pick up the pod that sat there all day I noticed the table was went and the pod felt really warm.
I believe it was a thinner liquid in it too. Outside of that I haven't had any leak. That's really strange that both pods it came with leaked. I would have said maybe a bad batch of pods but they use two different coils so the wouldn't be manufactured at the same time. The odds of getting two from a bad batch of pods that would have been assembled at different times would be incredible lol.
Any chance your over filling it or it getting under the sliding mouth piece when you're filling it?
I know I've gotten a few wet when using bottles with different tips. I have used the bottle it came with because a bottle I had was to big to use. The bottle they give you works like a dream.

Plantsmantx

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2018
I've had a podstick since they first came out. Been through 25-30 pods and haven't had a leak accept once and it was my own fault. I tend to use a few pods at once because I like to change up flavors and also will keep some filled with a go to flavor or CBD.
The only time I had a pod leak it wasn't even in the device. I had it sitting on an end table that is right in front of the heat exchange vent. It was a really cold day so the heat kept kicking on. When I went to pick up the pod that sat there all day I noticed the table was went and the pod felt really warm.
I believe it was a thinner liquid in it too. Outside of that I haven't had any leak. That's really strange that both pods it came with leaked. I would have said maybe a bad batch of pods but they use two different coils so the wouldn't be manufactured at the same time. The odds of getting two from a bad batch of pods that would have been assembled at different times would be incredible lol.
Any chance your over filling it or it getting under the sliding mouth piece when you're filling it?
I know I've gotten a few wet when using bottles with different tips. I have used the bottle it came with because a bottle I had was to big to use. The bottle they give you works like a dream.
I also use the bottle that came with it. I'm not over filling it, but as I said, I always see a little liquid underneath the mouthpiece when I slide it back, and I assume that's condensation. It doesn't seem to be nearly enough to result in juice getting underneath the pod and on the battery contacts.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

Droid 0121

Dec 3, 2019
NJ
Yeah that little bit there is usually condensation. Every once in awhile I slide the mouth piece and clean it off with the edge of a tissue or something. If you hold the pod upside down and slide it, you can see it and clean it off.
I have gotten juice under there when filling with a different bottle. It's a PIA getting it all cleaned out without taking it apart.

• Agree
Reactions: Plantsmantx

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I'm not really a "pod "guy but have used a few (because they were really good deals and very handy for carry around) Some general tips: I use a syringe with blunt needle to fill (no mess) and do not fill all the way (helps because having a little air in the pod seems to help) I also remove the pod when not using (for auto fire) and try to keep the pods stored upright (not that it matters) Depending on the pod, different ratios of VG/PG work better. Clean up messes and clean the contacts with alcohol... leaks/spills can get into the "auto fire" valve too. If it "gurgles", blow back through the air intake and hold a "vaper towel" over the mouthpiece. Not familiar with your device... just a few things I've learned in general about small pods.

• Agree
Reactions: Figs

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Vaporesso pod tanks get wet on the bottom after a while due to what folks are calling condensation.

It happens with numerous auto draw devices. Just just pluck it out and clean in every so often.

Like said before, if you release the fire button before you stop inhaling it will clear the chimney better. You'll still get some condensation but nowhere near as much.

But one of my Zero's began to leak. I stuck in a new pod tank and the problem was resolved. So yeah, some do leak here and there.

Reactions: Plantsmantx

Figs

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2017
Granbury - Texas - USA
One of the problems with draw activation though is that when you do the little draw after button release (which I do on all devices), they still produce vapor because of the draw activation. So there is always vapor in the chamber. Sooner or later the little switch will mess up. That’s the main reason I will not buy another draw activated device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread