The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaporesso Polar

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Sugar_and_Spice, Jul 4, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Hello,
    Since this mod comes without much instruction at all, I am kind of lost. Anyone else have this mod yet? I am using a titanium coil 0.50 ohm and need a better understanding of TCR and CCT. Any help is appreciated. I did watch a you tube video but they go so fast, its hard to keep up.:facepalm:
    tia
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I found what I needed at advanced vape supply.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    DJL just posted a review on YouTube for the Polar. Might be worth a peek if you still have operating questions.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Thank you.... I have figured some stuff out with trial and error. It will be good to actually know whether I am doing it right or not. Very nice mod. It is totally for temp tho, no option(that I can find) to use power only. You get 2 choices---Titaniam or Nickel....

• Like Like x 2
  5. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I don't have one yet but am probably going to get one. I have two of the vaporesso revengers. They have all of the regular wattage and temperature settings plus the cct and ccw modes. The operation should be similar. With the display on, try pressing the menu button and hold it for 3 seconds. That should switch you to the next mode. Repeat to go to the next mode. Press three times to switch between ccw&wattage .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Thank Hitt, yeah found all those and the power option is for the tc(at lease I think it is) but I find no way just to have it in power only. Pressing the mode for 3 seconds does bring up the menu but there are only options for Ni, Ti, M1,M2, BP(which I think is for mech) and another set button when pushed it takes you to System SET options. I have not tried the BP setting cause I am not exactly sure what it is. I mean there are only directions for turning the mod on/off and little else.
    :)eta BP is a bypass option which is for mech yes?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    OMG. If you are using the power mode, do yourself a favor and use the soft option to start with. Normal burns my coil quick. Not sure yet why but I am thinking it has something to do with cct. Altho I turned the smart option on and the auto on, you will kill a coil in just a couple of seconds. You have to turn the watts down yourself....... This is some serious power. LOL
    I may try it without the smart and auto being tuned on to see the difference.

Good thing I like titanium coils and have been using them since I got the mod.....

:)eta Start with the smart and auto options off first. Save your coil.....lol

• Like Like x 3
  11. hittman

Supporting member
    Thanks Beamslider for the links. I will save them since I plan on getting one with a store credit that I have for a returned item.

I don't use the smart mode. I have really gotten to liking the CCW function on the revenger and the aspire speeder has basically the same thing. I use it on both of them.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I don't have either of those mods. I only have a couple of swags from Vaporesso and those are not even close to what this is......

This mod shows CCT function which I think is the same as the CCW except the CCT function uses temp not watts. I would be interested,once you got the Polar, if you find any real difference in vaping in it CCT. I have noticed there is a correlation with it and watts/power, its seems to be either/or on this mod as they list each option separately.

• Like Like x 3
  13. hittman

Supporting member
    Yes, CCT is for temperature. I've tried it on the ones I had and it was ok. The reason there is a separate wattage setting in temp control is so you can control the amount of power going into the coil to achieve the preset temperature. I think about it as how fast do I want my coil to hit that temperature. I usually limit the wattage on my temp control to 75w or less. I don't like a real hot, in your face vape. If you have the watts set real high, it can make it hit the temperature faster and be pretty hot/warm.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Yes, I found that out really quick. LOL I don't like a really hot vape either. I tend to like a cooler vape.

• Like Like x 2
  15. hittman

Supporting member
    I’ve got one of my revenger mods in tc mode. I have it at 39 watts and 350 degrees.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I bought 2 of the Polar mods :facepalm:
    Really wanted the gold one so I got it. I am vaping the Hazelnut cream I got from Wonder Flavors with a single titanium coil @ .25 ohm and have it set to 45 watts 350 degrees. Pretty good.
    The other Polar I got is the green one. Man, it is gorgeous. Had to have that one also...I am using titanium @ .50 ohms 55 watts and 360 degrees. It is actually an eGo mega tank with the clr coil. I tried this one first so if I messed the coil up, I have plenty of back ups stashed.

I know these mods are power hitters, but the batteries lasted a whole day on the green one and the gold is at half drained after not quiet a whole day yet.

I had bought some Fire Luke original tanks and those are big. I needed something that could run them so hence needed mods that could.

So far, I think I made the correct choice of mods. There is no doubt these are very powerful, maybe a bit much for me, but I can take it....lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    It offers the same settings as the revenger series as well as a wattage curve. And for tc it supports all the usual wires. It’s really easy to use.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Fidola13

Fidola13 Prepper Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    I bought the gold one as well. Very nice and fast firing mod. Still like my revenger Xs all 5 of them better though ;)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    As you read in my earlier posts, I have never had the revenger or any other vaporesso product except the swag. And since it won't to tc until the power watts are are least 30 and up(which is too much for me or at least I did think that, lol), I only used the swag in power/watts mod.

And I was able to figure some things out before asking here in the thread as there was next to no instruction in the box.

Everyone has been so helpful and I really do appreciate it.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I got one of the swags. The only Vaporesso I have tried. Nice size and nice looking but I wasn't all that happy with it. The TC wasn't good for me. I know cheap and not the better chip but still not able to lower the wattage.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.