Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello there,

Another pod-mod, there seems to be no end to this, the Xiron by vaporesso. A new pod-mod that fires up to 50W and is meant for both MTL and DTL vaping.

Thank you @Vaporesso_Chelsea for sending me this kit!

Specifications:

In the box:

• 1 x XIRON Battery
• 1 x XIRON Pod
• 1 × GTX 0.3Ω MESH Coil
• 1 × GTX 0.8Ω MESH Coil
• 1 × Extra Mouthpiece
• 1 × Type-C USB Cable
• 1 x User Manual
• 1 x Warranty Card

Review:

If Vaporesso is good at something, it is making good looking devices with a high-end look. The Xiron is no different, it is another beauty by Vaporesso. Love the way they integrated the metal ‘X’ on both sides of the device, the metal is zinc alloy and the rest of the device feels like some kind of plastic, could not find out what type of, but it has the similar feel as the GEN mod has, feels a bit like silicone.

Because of that Silicone texture it holds very nicely in the hand, a very nice stealth device as it can be fully closed in the palm of my hand. You just have to make sure you are not blocking the airflow while holding. Vaporesso and the Vaporesso logo are very nicely engraved into the Zinc Alloy ‘X’. All buttons feel proper and are large enough for easy firing and navigating.

One of the main plusses of this device is that it has airflow regulation ring similar to the Aegis boost. The airflow ring is made from Zinc alloy and turns smoothly, it allows for a very tight MTL and very airy DTL.

A nice and large enough screen shows the details I like to see, the battery indication, puff counter, wattage, and resistance. It is displayed vertically, which for this device is just fine as it’s a small pod-mod. You are not able to adjust the brightness of the screen. Brightness adjustment is not a big deal as its bright enough. You can easily flip the screen by holding fire and +, and you can get into the menu by holding both + and – at the same time.

In the menu you will find SMART VW, VW, VV, DEFAULT and EXIT. The smart feature is always useful assisting in wattage adjustment. When the DTL coil is inside the pod it automatically sets the wattage to 40W, with the MTL (or RDL) coil it is set to 12W. On the main screen it shows ‘S’ when smart mode is activated. VW and VV speak for itself, but having VV is always a plus even though I am not using it I know a lot of people do. DEFAULT basically resets the device to default; it can be used to reset the puff-counter. You can lock the device with 3 clicks on the fire-button, you will still be able to vape. The device fires up quickly, pretty much instantly.

5.5ML is more than proper for such device, and I am happy they kept the pod transparent. You can easily see how much juice is left inside the pod with the transparent panels on the sides. Filling this thing up is easy with its top fill, very happy they went with top-fill, always a plus for me.

Pods click strongly into place and wiggles minimally (talking about one tenth of a millimeter). Coils are pushed into place from the bottom, no issues there. The drip-tips are 510 and you can use any of your favorite 510 drip-tips on this device, always a plus for me. Not a fan of the preinstalled DTL drip-tip, it’s a bit to straight on the edges. The other round drip-tip is much better for both DTL and MTL. I prefer my own drip-tip for MTL as for me the round drip-tip has a bit too large inner bore.

Both coils in the kit are just amazing like all other Vaporesso coils. With the GTX 0.3Ω MESH
Coil (32-45W) you can get a very flavorful dense DTL vape, and the airflow here can be used to give it more restiveness. Like this coil most with the airflow halfway closed and at 40W.

The GTX 0.8Ω MESH Coil (12-20W) can be used for both MTL and RDL, but I mainly tested it as an MTL coil. The airflow allows for a medium loose MTL draw when fully closed, there is still air going through when closed. Flavor when using as an MTL coil is impressive just like the 0. 3Ω coil, very flavorful. No leaking and no spitbacks or gurgling, all very smooth without any issues.

Good news is that there are more coils available for this device, 0.6ohm Mesh (20-30w), 1.2ohm Mesh (7-11W), 1.2 ohm round-wire (8-12w) and the GTX RBA coil. Also, from as far as I investigated, Voopoo PnP coils are also compatible with this device.

USB-C it is, seems to be Vaporesso standard by now, very good. Like the fact they went with the USB port on the front of the device, I just prefer my device to stand up straight while charging. I am able to get 115 puffs at 40W and 300 puffs at 15W with the MTL coil, quite impressive. I full charge takes about 40 minutes with its 2amp charging, fast.

Conclusion:

Even though it’s another pod-mod this one has its uniqueness, first it looks stunning, is small and just delivers very well, both MTL and DTL. It is very easy to use and trouble free.

Biggest plusses of this kit are ease of use, its design, top-fill, airflow adjustment, USB-C (fast charge), battery efficiency, VV option and great performance for both DTL and MTL.

If there is anything, I would change it would be the pre-installed drip-tip, would have been nice to have a wider bore round drip-tip for DTL.

For who is this device? First of all, for pod-mod fanatics, but also for those that are looking for a device that performs very well both DTL and MTL.

Let me know if any questions, thank you!

Sjoerd

• Love
Reactions: ZuberVape8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread