hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m pleased to be back with you today to take a look at the third edition of the vaporesso Xros and Xros Mini. Both were sent to me by vaporesso in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. That being said, I have to admit that I may be a little biased as I have been using the Xros and Xros 2 for quite some time as a pocket carry at work. As a matter of fact I am still using the original Xros sample that I received for the review when it first came out. I have chosen to go ahead and combine the reviews for the Xros 3 and Xros 3 Mini since they are similar and the pods are interchangeable between them as well as being compatible with the Xros 2, Xros Nano, and the original Xros and Xros mini.

The Xros 3 has a 1000mah internal battery just like the previous version. The charging rate is 5V/1A. It comes with .6 and 1.0 ohm pods with a 2ml capacity. Both of these are new to me. In the past I have just used the 1.2 and .8 ohm pods. The .8 ohm pod has become my favorite of those two. The Xros 3 is dual activated with a fire button or auto draw just like the two previous versions.

The Xros 3 Mini has an internal battery of 1000mah also and of course the pod has a 2ml capacity as it is cross compatible with all other Xros devices. The Mini only comes with one .6 ohm pod and does not have airflow control or a fire button like the Xros 3. It is auto draw only.

1667059252785.jpeg

USHCycH.jpg

XROS 3 COLORS
    u5enzLg.jpg

XROS 3 MINI COLORS
    UskCJUt.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE XROS 3 BOX?

1 x XROS 3 Battery

1 x XROS 3 0.6ohm mesh pod (pre-installed)

1 x XROS 3 1.0ohm mesh pod

1 x Type-C charging cable

1 x Reminder Card

1 x User manual and warranty card

CeGTIBE.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE XROS 3 MINI BOX?

1 x XROS 3 MINI Battery

1 x XROS 3 0.6ohm mesh pod (pre-installed)

1 x Type-C charging cable

1 x Reminder Card

1 x User manual and warranty card

1667059924031.jpeg

XROS 3 FEATURES:

Dual activation - fire button activation or inhale activation

Airflow control slide, three levels

Top filling feature

Auto-cutoff

MTL & RDTL vaping

Dimensions: 13.7x23.6x115.1mm

Pod capacity: 2ml

Pod resistance: 0.6ohm/1.0ohm

Battery capacity: 1000mAh

Charging: DC 5V/1A, Type-C

Compared with the Xros & Xros 2: the Xros 3 have improved:

1. New 0.6ohm Pod: Premium RDL experience and fully compatible: XROS PODS from free base to nic salt.

2. Precise Adjustable Airflow: Support from MTL to RDL experience.

3. AXON CHIP Pulse Mode for power boosted and produces flavorful and denser clouds from the first to the last puff, 1000mah High Density Battery: Strong and longer lasting output.

4. The innovative COREX heating technology applied with unique COREX Cotton and MORPH MESH, ensures more rapid and even heating to provide sheer flavor accuracy from the first to the last puff.

5. Pod lifespan improves by 50%, lasting up to 20 days.

6. Perfectly Fit Your Lips: New Shaped Mouthpiece.

7. Modern look and better hand feeling: Rounded-edge Design.

8. Neon Battery Indicator.

XROS 3 MINI FEATURES:

1. Accurate Flavor, Lasting Longer.

2. New 0.6ohm RDL Pod, Fully Compatible with the XROS Series Pod.

3. SSS Tech, Anti Leaking.

4. 1000mah High Density Battery.

Brand: Vaporesso

Unit: 1 Set

Dimensions: 13.8 * 23.6 * 99.2mm

POD Capacity: 2m

Coil Resistance: 0.6ohm

Battery Capacity: 1000mah

Charging: DC 5V /1 A, Type-c

Display: 3 * LED Light

2R0IAoc.jpg

y5lZPr2.jpg

V4tFqep.jpg

5vo0Nkr.jpg

gvFsfQq.jpg

DqMBTb2.jpg

X9tKoMQ.jpg

BytVHHZ.jpg

51kuPrv.jpg

1yDrjcT.jpg

xm2Oc5r.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Xros 3 and Xros 3 Mini are similar. Both come in black and green boxes with a color picture of the actual device inside the carton. I received the Royal Gold version on the Xros 3 but honestly to me it looks like an orange fade. I’m not complaining, I really like the color. The Xros 3 Mini that I received is the Space gray version which I also like very much but am kind of favoring the Royal Gold one for a couple reasons.

The back side of each box has a specifications and contents listed as well as company information for Smoore(Vaporesso) and bar code with color version listed.

1667060438929.png

1667060467343.png

1667060483090.png

1667060504444.png

Once the outer sleeve is slid off of the Xros 3 then there is a black envelope that contains the user manual. Underneath is the Xros 3 in all its glory with the .6 ohm pod pre-installed. To the right side is the included 1.0 ohm pod in a foil pack and a USB-C charging cable below. It’s a little hard to tell from the picture but the Xros 3 came with a clear plastic wrap around it to protect it during shipping.

1667060555645.png

The Xros 3 Mini only comes with one .6 ohm pod. I know I’m going to sound like a broken record here but I just don’t agree with putting out a pod kit with one pod or coil included due to the fact that nothing is perfect and if the customer gets a bad pod with the device then it is useless if they didn’t buy extra pods. The Mini also comes with the device wrapped in plastic for shipping. There is also a USB-C charging cable sitting to the side. It is a basic starter kit.

1667060591305.png

Both the Xros 3 and the 3 Mini have a 1000mah battery built in. The 3 is smooth to the touch but doesn’t show fingerprints while the front of the Mini is textured on the front much like the previous version of the Mini. The Xros 3 can be fired with the button on the front or can be used in auto draw while the Mini is auto draw only and does not have a button. The fire button on the Xros 3 has a double circular design and has a silver edge if you look at it from the side. It really is a nice looking design. Each of them has the Vaporesso name on the front. The Xros 3 and the Mini each have a light bar at the bottom that illuminates to display the battery level but also cycles through different colors while the device is activated. There are three different color indications for the battery level as follows.

• Green = 70-100%
    • Blue = 30-70%
    • Red = 0-30%
    1667060639021.png

Both also have the Vaporesso “V” logo design on the back but the Xros 3 has the adjustable airflow control on the back which is why I prefer the Xros, Xros 2, and now the Xros 3 to the Mini series of pods. Airflow control is an important feature to me.

1667060748946.png

yIIRlBB.jpg

U8410FD.jpg

bauxfG6.jpg

There is an airflow inlet hole on both sides of each of the bodies near the top. The charging port for each is located on the bottom just like previous versions of each of them. The charging rate on each is 5V/1A so should be able to charge each in about an hour.

AYCGkuu.jpg

c8VIbVD.jpg

Reactions: dreamvaper

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The pod opening on both are the same obviously since they both use the same pods. There are two magnets in the opening as well as two spring loaded gold plated electrical contacts that match up with the coil connections on the pods. In the center is a raised airflow inlet for the auto draw operation. Each of the pre-installed pods come with a safety seal covering the contacts to prevent accidental firing before filling the pod. I didn’t see a reason to show a picture of all three pods when the Xros 3 comes with the .6 and 1.0 ohm pods and the Mini comes with just one .6 ohm pod that is the same as what came with the Xros 3. I do like very much that the resistance of each pod is clearly printed on the bottom so you can quickly pull the pod to check the resistance rating.

In the third picture below you can see that the pods are top fill just like all previous versions of the Xros pods. Simply pop off the mouthpiece then fill the pod through the red gasket. The hole on the left is a vent so air can escape while filling the pod. I noticed that the seals inside the pods are more of an orange color where the previous ones I’ve been using like the .8 ohm have red seals inside. The bottom of each pod has two magnets, the coil contacts gold plated, and two airflow holes. I’m glad that Vaporesso has stayed with the clear pod design that allows you to easily see the liquid level and still uses the SSS anti leak technology to keep everything dry.

1667061789712.png

1667061817112.png

1667061837298.png

1667061854004.png

1667061873076.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I was very happy to see Vaporesso continue the Xros tradition with new additions. Not only the battery portions themselves but two new resistances of pods to further the enjoyment of the user.

I mentioned earlier that I have been a long time user of the Xros devices. One of the main things I noticed different about the Xros 3 is that it allows more airflow than my Xros 2. Even with the airflow control slider closed all the way it’s still a little bit of a loose MTL. With it wide open you can do an RDL. At first I thought it might be because of the .6 ohm pod allowing more airflow but put in one of my .8 ohm pods and it’s the same way. I put the 1.0 ohm pod back on and retested that one and it seems to perform the same to me. Those that like a super tight MTL might have to put a finger over one of the airflow inlet holes.

To me the Xros 3 Mini also offers more airflow than the previous version. However, there isn’t an airflow control on it so the only way to tighten it is to put a finger over one of the airflow holes on the side. To me, the Mini is a very loose MTL or tight RDL with the one and only .6 ohm pod included with it. I personally like the loose draw on the Mini. Also it might be the best choice for someone that is making the switch from cigarettes as all you have to do is fill the pod and puff on it without worrying about adjusting the airflow just right or pressing a button. I know I can get a little obsessed with getting the airflow just right.

I mostly use pods for stealth vaping at work and use a mint mix recipe that I make myself that has very little smell to it. I did however use some Dinner Lady Berry Blast in a couple of the pods to see how the flavor carried through and it was pretty good in the .6 ohm pods. I normally like the Xros with the airflow adjustment best and run a .8 ohm pod but really enjoyed the Mini with the .6 ohm pod. The 1.0 ohm pod with the Xros 3 was good also but I felt myself wanting more output/throat hit with it. Overall, all of the three pods included in the kits performed well and gave pretty good flavor and good vapor production for pods. The .8 ohm pod I supplied myself also did well. I have used them a long time but may have to get some more of the .6 ohm pods the next time I restock on pods.

I’d like to thank Vaporesso and Danny for sending the Xros 3 and Xros 3 Mini for this review. Also thanks again to the readers. I appreciate the time you spend reading my reviews. Below is a link to the website if you’d like to take a look at these two pods or some of the other great products from Vaporesso. There are many of them.

XROS 3 » VAPORESSO
    1667061917988.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread