hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Today I’m back with yet another review. I was sent the Vaporess Xros pod kit for the purpose of doing a fair and honest review by vaporesso. The Xros is pronounced “cross” which makes sense since their logo for this device is “Cross the Limits- Experience the Best”. If you follow my reviews then you know that I’ve reviewed several different pod devices and have bought and tried several more. The Xros has been one of the better ones that I’ve used. I’m getting a little ahead of myself here so let’s take a look at it first and then I’ll come back and give my experience with it.

upload_2020-8-7_13-37-52.jpg

What’s in the box?

1pc XROS Battery
    1pc XROS 0.8ohm Mesh Pod(2ml)
    1pc XROS 1.2ohm Mesh Pod (2ml)
    1pc Type-C USB Cable
    1pc User Manual
    1pc Warranty Card
    1pc Reminder Card

Specifications:

Dimensions: 112*23*13mm
    Cartridge Capacity: 2ml
    Cartridge Resistance: 1.2ohm Mesh POD; 0.8ohm Mesh POD
    Battery Capacity: Built-in 800mAh
    Battery Output Power: 11W/16W
    Charging: Type-C, 5V/1A
    Color: Silver, Matte Grey, Blue, Rose Pink, Sky Blue, Rainbow

My Thoughts:

The packaging for the Xros is simple and clean. I noticed immediately that there was a clear plastic cover over the Xros battery for shipping. The package contained the Xros battery, charging cable, a .8 pod preinstalled and a 1.2 ohm coil sealed in a foil pack as well as user manual, warranty and reminder cards. I also noticed that one side of the Xros had the word Sample on it. I think this is the first time I’ve received an item for review where it is marked on the device even though often the outside of the box will have it on there. I received the matte gray unit which honestly is dark enough that I thought it was black.

The battery is made of SUS304 metal and has a really nice feel to it. I’ve had this unit for a little over a week and a half and have been using it at home and work and the finish is still immaculate. It has a nice weight to it for a pod device. The battery capacity of the Xros is 800mah. Vaporesso has once again opted for a USB-C charging port just like on the Barr pod device that I recently reviewed. The main feature that stands out to me on the battery is the airflow control. I was very excited to receive the Xros for review simply because of the airflow control. With many pod devices the airflow is either fixed or not really adjustable enough to please most users. The Xros control is different in the fact that it really works. With all three holes open it’s a nice airy MTL or very restricted DTL and you can make it as tight of a draw as you like. The Xros does not have variable output although the output will drop some as the battery level goes down. There is a button on the Xros that can be used to turn on the unit with five presses. The button can also be used to fire the device if you prefer but the auto function works really well on this one so you don’t need to use the button unless cycling the power on and off. There is a battery indicator light that illuminates when you fire the unit. The light starts out green then goes to blue and then red as the battery drains.

Like I mentioned earlier, there are two pods included with the kit. The .8 ohm coil came already in the unit but there was a plastic tab covering the contacts so it couldn’t be accidentally fired that has to be removed. At first, removing the plastic mouthpiece to fill the pod was a little awkward. It’s a tight fit and snaps in place. That’s a good thing since you won’t have to worry about the mouthpiece coming loose and falling off. When I first saw the fill port with the black seal, I thought this is going to be an issue. It wasn’t. I was easily able to fill the pod with no mess whatsoever. I will mention that you don’t want to overfill the pod like I did. The liquid will come out the hole that is opposite of the fill hole. I believe it’s a vent hole to let air escape while filling but if you put too much in then it will come out there.

I found the 1.2 and .8 ohm pods to deliver pretty good flavor. I normally like the lower ohm pod better on devices like this but ended up liking the 1.2 pod with one airflow hole open the best. I thought it was nice that not only are the pods color coded but also the resistance of each is clearly marked on the bottom of the pod. No guessing on this one. With the adjustable airflow, either pod can be used as tight or loose as you would like.

In closing, I’d like to say that Vaporesso has done a fantastic job of bringing not only a great performing pod device to the market but also very versatile with the airflow control design. The stainless steel body of the unit delivers a feeling of quality and the pods with mesh coils deliver pretty good flavor and a generous amount of vapor for a device of this size. I found the life of the battery to be good enough to last me through a work day but I am not a chain vaper at work and just take a few puffs here and there. Overall, would I recommend the Xros? Yes. If you’re looking for a fully adjustable airflow pod that delivers acceptable flavor and plenty of vapor then this one might be a good fit for you. Vaporesso has recently come out with several innovative designs and they have something in their line to fit just about every style of vaping.

Thanks go out to Vaporesso and Vaporesso Chelsea for sending the Xros for review. And as always, thanks to those that choose to read my reviews. Below is a link if you’d like to take a better look at the Vaporesso Xros.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/xros

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Another great review, I'm always looking for an out and about pod device. So far the Smok Nord is doing that for me. The important question, did you get your BCF order?

No I didn't receive it. BCF got tired of waiting on Fedex and is shipping it for the third time today.

Reactions: dennism
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread