VaporKing from V4L Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paric

Sep 19, 2009
Missouri
I would post this in the V4L forum, but everyone there already knows. This is for the new people trying to decide on an e-cig to try, as a guide to help them know what they'd be getting if they decided to order from V4L.:)

Alright! Got this bad boy just a couple days after it was shipped. Very fast delivery. Steve does a bang up job in the Customer Service Dept (I've said it in several other posts, and will continue to do so). :p

I'm new to vaping, this is my first e-cig, and I'm just going to call it as I see it with limited experience.

First - I bought this device with the hopes of it becoming a replacement for smoking cigarettes. I stumbled upon a news story about them, did some research, decided on a 510, and then changed my mind at the last second and ordered a Vapor King. I did this related to all the web posts I saw about this particular model. :confused:

I bought the ultimate ultimatum package. 2 auto batteries, USB passthrough, PCC, Carrying case (yes, PCC and case), USB charger, wall charger, and says it comes with 5 cartomizers (Steve was feeling generous when packing mine apparently). 3 Bottles of juice. All that with shipping was about $110. Which, compared to other offers on other devices I saw, is extremely reasonable. :shock:

Now, on to what I think about the device itself, how it compares to analogs, how it works, what it does for me in my struggle, and how it performs overall.

Throat hit: I was scared about this part specifically. It was the one part of this whole process that was really going to be the difference for me. I'm a smoker that likes smoking. I may be addicted to the nicotine, but that's not what keeps me smoking. The act of smoking keeps me smoking. Always wished there was a "healthy", or "safe" cigarette. All in all, this thing has a KICK. I mean, if I take too large of a drag I start coughing. You definitely feel it in your throat and chest. While the air isn't as heavy as a cigarette, it feels weird at first. It can almost make you gag, but the lightness of the air is how you know that you're not killing yourself with deadly toxins. Once you get used to it, it's much easier. :evil:

Vapor: This part wasn't important to me, still isn't. I get good vapor (I wouldn't say MONSTER, but I don't try to get monster vapor either, I'm sure it's capable), and it directly correlates to how you take a drag. I still say it's good vapor, and if I take a huge hit I can produce a lot of vapor, but I can't inhale because it's too much for me. 8-o

Battery Life: Who knows? I charged them initially, along with my PCC, and have been using the PCC with them. I've also been using the USB passthrough which is great for at the computer, and definitely delivers a bigger vape. So far they haven't been an issue, and I've been using them like their going out of style. :oops:

Taste: I received Vanilla, Coffee, Cappucino, and Mboro flavors in different strengths. Coffee is probably my favorite at this point. The Mboro tastes like unlit cigarettes smell (and while that's fine, it's not my favorite). Coffee is more like a caramel coffee flavor. It's pretty good. Cappucino is just a bit too sweet for the type of flavor it is (at least for me). Vanilla is pretty good too, and right behind coffee. I wish I would've ordered some fruity cartomizers. I ordered some fruity juice, but don't have a cartomizer that would really work with it (I'll just have to order more).

Is it keeping me from smoking?: I smoke about 20 cigarettes a day. Today, once I got the VK, I've had 3. Mostly those were because I have a lot of stress right now related to building a house, so cutting them completely out today wasn't an option (of course it was an issue with the house). Outside of that, I was at dinner with my sweetie. I generally have to have a cigarette between the appetizer and the main course (or at least I really want one), not this time. I took a drag from my VK, and was good to go. I actually didn't even have a smoke after dinner, which is completely unusual. So I have to say YES, it is definitely helping me with cravings. It's definitely making me not think about smoking an analog as often. Even when I want one, a few drags from the VK are taking that feeling away. :)

I'm very glad that I chose this model. It is extremely hassle free, and easy to use. I had some issues when I first got it (just being unsure of how to use it), but after watching a video made by Mark (works with Steve) it was a breeze. I really don't see myself going anywhere but vapor4life.com for my e-cigs, unless I just want something "different", I wouldn't say better, because I'm not sure there is going to be something better. It's pretty much met all my expectations and then some. :thumbs:

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Excellent review. Glad to hear you're enjoying your new e-cig. I definitely think the kr808 is a good model. I'm sure you'll be able to totally kick the dirt-sticks in no time!

I am almost there in purchasing my first e-cig, but still have a few questions about the [FONT="]Vapor King KR808D-1.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]Is the '[B]automatic'[/B] or the [B]'manual'[/B] the best one to get? :confused:
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Thanks for all your help! [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Black][COLOR=blue][FONT="][/FONT]
[/COLOR][FONT="]

[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT="] [/FONT]

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
It's up to user preference really. I'd say auto is nice because it's hands free and the switch on these works great. On the 901 and 801 tho, the auto battery's switch is microphone activated so it tends to go off way too easily if you just throw it in your pocket. With the kr808 battery, this isn't an issue at all. The drag is a little bit tougher though.

Manual batts should solve the slightly tougher drag problem, if you even consider it a problem, and they give you a little more control over your drag.

All else fails, try to get one of each. You'll probably be happy either way.

circeseye

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Modesto
I am almost there in purchasing my first e-cig, but still have a few questions about the [FONT="]Vapor King KR808D-1.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=black]Is the '[B]automatic'[/B] or the [B]'manual'[/B] the best one to get? :confused:
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Thanks for all your help! [/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=blue][FONT="]

[/FONT]

as to which one to get its all user preference. you could get the auto then grab the smaller manual kit then you can have both :D

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
It's up to user preference really. I'd say auto is nice because it's hands free and the switch on these works great. On the 901 and 801 tho, the auto battery's switch is microphone activated so it tends to go off way too easily if you just throw it in your pocket. With the kr808 battery, this isn't an issue at all. The drag is a little bit tougher though.

Manual batts should solve the slightly tougher drag problem, if you even consider it a problem, and they give you a little more control over your drag.

All else fails, try to get one of each. You'll probably be happy either way.

WOW, that was a fast reply! Thanks!

I figure the auto would be more like smoking the real thing.

-[FONT="] [/FONT]Is the kr808 easier to use and maintain, than the 901 or 801?

Thanks!

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
WOW, that was a fast reply! Thanks!

I figure the auto would be more like smoking the real thing.

-Is the kr808 easier to use and maintain, than the 901 or 801?

Thanks!

Yes, much. If cost isn't an issue, then you get a new atty every time you switch carts. Makes atomizer upkeep a complete non-issue. Don't have to worry about straw mods, PTB mods, etc. Don't have to worry about cleaning atomizers vs not cleaning them. Don't have to worry about popping one in case it gets too dry. Don't have to worry about cart filler sticking to the bridge and burning, etc.

If you want to refill carts, you can. I usually refill a bunch of mine at once. They seem to last about 3 refills on average before the cart filler either starts to taste burnt, or the vapor level drops off. I toss em at that point.

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
circeseye wrote
> you could get the auto then grab the smaller manual kit then you can have both

Is there any reason, why I would want or need both?

Thanks!

It's nice to have the option? You're able to see which you prefer. There are pros and cons to each, but they're both worth having IMO.

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Yes, much. If cost isn't an issue, then you get a new atty every time you switch carts. Makes atomizer upkeep a complete non-issue. Don't have to worry about straw mods, PTB mods, etc. Don't have to worry about cleaning atomizers vs not cleaning them. Don't have to worry about popping one in case it gets too dry. Don't have to worry about cart filler sticking to the bridge and burning, etc.

Really ... I thought all them extra parts, would of cost more in the end. Hmmm? I have read a lot of messages of people having problems with the 901 and 801 atomizers, and needing to keep extra on hand.

Yes, I had read somewhere, that people could refill the Vapor King carts. That is plus.

Thanks again for all your help!

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
Batteries should be the same in manuals or autos. Depends on how long of drags you take, how many etc. Battery life seems pretty spotty on all of the e-cigs anyway.

The cost of these cartomizer models is probably slightly more than the 3 piece 801/901/510 models in the long run, but you're right about the initial cost of stocking atomizers for them. Lots of people claim to run 2-6+ months on a single atomizer. Others aren't so lucky and replace them weekly. A lot of it depends on return policies, warrantees, shipping fees, extra hassle too.

I think the cartomizers are worth it to avoid all that though.

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Batteries should be the same in manuals or autos. Depends on how long of drags you take, how many etc. Battery life seems pretty spotty on all of the e-cigs anyway.

The cost of these cartomizer models is probably slightly more than the 3 piece 801/901/510 models in the long run, but you're right about the initial cost of stocking atomizers for them. Lots of people claim to run 2-6+ months on a single atomizer. Others aren't so lucky and replace them weekly. A lot of it depends on return policies, warrantees, shipping fees, extra hassle too.

I think the cartomizers are worth it to avoid all that though.

I do not know of another e-cig, beside Vapor King, that uses the cartomizers. Does everyone carry these cartomizers, or are we limited to just two places that carry them?

Thanks!

jboze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Orange County, CA
The Vapor King is just a renamed/rebadged KR808d-1. Other aliases are DPV9, Nebula, easy cig, etc. Look around or search KR808d-1. There are lots of sellers.

Also, the greencig cartomizers work on the kr808d-1 batteries. It's a different model, often times referred to as the E9 series. The original of its type is the Loong Totem (I believe that's the spelling of it). It's quite a bit more expensive, and the guts of the cartomizer are completely different. Its cartomizers are said to be more robust but lacking in the flavor dept. Supposedly it produces more vapor too.

Drew at Nhaler carries both models FWIW. You can get them from other sites as well.

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
The Vapor King is just a renamed/rebadged KR808d-1. Other aliases are DPV9, Nebula, easy cig, etc. Look around or search KR808d-1. There are lots of sellers.

Also, the greencig cartomizers work on the kr808d-1 batteries. It's a different model, often times referred to as the E9 series. The original of its type is the Loong Totem (I believe that's the spelling of it). It's quite a bit more expensive, and the guts of the cartomizer are completely different. Its cartomizers are said to be more robust but lacking in the flavor dept. Supposedly it produces more vapor too.

Drew at Nhaler carries both models FWIW. You can get them from other sites as well.

I found this at Katy's website. She only sells the 901. I think that I am still unable to use links, so not sure if this will showup.

Average Monthly Cost for Medium Smoker (Using the 901)
www.thesmokelessshop.com/warranty_and_average_monthly_cost
2- atomizers 6.00 each = 14.00
1- battery 13.50 = 13.50
1- 30 ml bottle juice = 22.00
2- boxes of cartridges = 8.00
Average Monthly Cost $57.50

Does this look right to you?

Thanks!

PurKat

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Oklahoma, U.S.A.
Probably about right, other than the math looks off. 2 $6 atties =/ $14 for example.

Most people will probably use around double the amount of juice too. It varies wildly, but 2-4 mls/day seems to be average. You can get juice for a lot cheaper than she lists or make your own mixes to save even more.

OPPS! Yes, you are right, she has the math wrong on her website.

Yes, once I get started, I will be making my own juice. I notice she has limited flavors too. Reviews say she test all her products, before shipping, and has excellent customer service.

Thanks for aswering my questions, and providing lots of information. I really appreciate it!

Happy Vaporing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread