Review of Bloog Maxx Fusion, 1st impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
I finally got my Maxx Fusion kit today! I ordered a PCC kit, which includes 2 short batteries (68mm, I think), a super cool PCC, a USB cable for charging, and 5 cartos. When I got the kit, the batteries were already charged, which is pretty cool and honestly unexpected. The first puff on it was great! I've used other KR808's before and was really not impressed, no flavor, no vapor. One thing I noticed first off was how warm the vapor was. If anybody has smoked a pipe, you know how warm that smoke is when you draw on it. It's kind of like that, very warm. This may just be because of juice they use to fill their cartos. I'm not sure if it's PG or VG or a mix. I would assume it's PG, but maybe not. The warmth of the vapor makes for a good TH and a really satisfying vape.

The biggest difference between the Bloog and the other KR's is how it draws. It draws a lot like a an analog. It has a very easy draw, real light. You don't have to take a real long drag like you do with other KR's automatics. I was taking about a 3 second draw and I got tons of vapor. Which brings me to my next point, the vapor. TONS of vapor. I have an eGo-T and the vapor is on par with that, if not better. But again, I don't know what kind of juice they use so I'm with holding judgment until I try it with my own juices. The taste is good, though I'm not a huge fan of their prefilled cartos (I got the coffee flavor at 16mg). Again, I have to try it with my own juice.

The PCC is one of the best features of the kit. It's really cool. It slides open and it has a great kind of rubbery feel to it. Bloog claims that it can charge a battery up to four times. That remains to be seen. But if nothing else, it looks really cool. Definitely a conversation starter. It can hold a battery and a fully assembled ecig, that's the battery with the carto attached. I wish it could hold a spare carto, but that's not really a possibility with how it's designed.

All and all, I'm pretty satisfied with it. Now the drawbacks. First is cost. The batteries by themselves are $20, which is about average for a KR. Same goes for the cartos which are $10.99, about average. But the kit that I got was $89.00. That's kind of pricy considering you only kit 5 cartos with it. But it does come with the PCC. And, I would say that the product is worth the price, considering how well it performs. The biggest draw back is the shipping. I ordered the kit more than two weeks ago and it just got here. That's kind of ridiculous. Right now, I'm going to call it bad luck. I'll try them again just to see, but when you compare that to cignot, who got my order out to me in three days, it's not very good.

Anyway, my first impression is pretty positive overall. This thing has even given my ego a run for it's money. I'll check back with you all after I really get try it out.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Thanks for the review. I ordered these on Monday, they shipped today. I should have them by Friday (NJ to Ohio). I think you just got unlucky with the shipping time. Cignot is the gold standard for fast shipping, though.

Did you test the cutoff on the batteries? I'm hearing five seconds, but others received batteries that don't cut off until seven seconds.

Any idea how long the batteries are lasting for you?

They don't mention on their site what type of juice is in the cartos, but I've read elsewhere that it's 100% PG.

You should note that the cartos are $10.99 per five pack, not each. Pretty obvious, but some might be misled.

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Thanks for the review. I ordered these on Monday, they shipped today. I should have them by Friday (NJ to Ohio). I think you just got unlucky with the shipping time. Cignot is the gold standard for fast shipping, though.

Did you test the cutoff on the batteries? I'm hearing five seconds, but others received batteries that don't cut off until seven seconds.

Any idea how long the batteries are lasting for you?

They don't mention on their site what type of juice is in the cartos, but I've read elsewhere that it's 100% PG.

You should note that the cartos are $10.99 per five pack, not each. Pretty obvious, but some might be misled.

Yes, thank you, $10.99 for a 5 pack. The blanks are only $9.99. The way I vape, I got about 3 hours out of a battery. But then again, I've been vaping my brains out since I got the thing, so I imagine it will settle around the 4 hour mark for me. If you chain vape, maybe 2 hours. The PCC recharges the batteries in about an hour, so not bad at all. Not sure about the cutoff. Like I said, I was taking about a 3 or 4 second drag. I'll test it out and let you know. I totally hear you about cignot. I ordered my ego-t from them and got it in 3 days over the weekend, no less. Vicki at cignot rocks! With the weather in your neck of the woods I wouldn't be surprised if your order is delayed a day or so, but hopefully not.

AC2DC

Jan 17, 2011
Socal
Hi Doomed, once you have a chance to use the bloog for a few days, can you please do a comparison vs the ego-t tank system? I got my bloog kit a few days ago, my 1st PV :) and I do like it, it has reduced my analog consumption quite a bit. The vapor & throat hit is good enough, but I feel the flavor can be a lil better. It could be the juice i am using (FSUSA), so i will be experimenting with different e-liquids to see if it helps. But i am intrigued by lots of positive reviews of the ego-T tank system and thinking about picking up an ego-t kit, but wondering how's the flavor compared to the bloog batt/carto. I like the portability of tank/carto so dripping isn't an option for me. Thanks and good luck with your bloog!

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Hi Doomed, once you have a chance to use the bloog for a few days, can you please do a comparison vs the ego-t tank system? I got my bloog kit a few days ago, my 1st PV :) and I do like it, it has reduced my analog consumption quite a bit. The vapor & throat hit is good enough, but I feel the flavor can be a lil better. It could be the juice i am using (FSUSA), so i will be experimenting with different e-liquids to see if it helps. But i am intrigued by lots of positive reviews of the ego-T tank system and thinking about picking up an ego-t kit, but wondering how's the flavor compared to the bloog batt/carto. I like the portability of tank/carto so dripping isn't an option for me. Thanks and good luck with your bloog!

I absolutely will. I'll post it in a separate thread and put a link to it here. You're flavor deficiency may very well be the juice you're using. I have heard good things about FSUSA, but I've never tried them myself. I know when I first started, I hated the cartos that came with my 1st kit. I tried Johnson Creek and I hated most of the juices I tried from them too. I'm real happy with Vaperite. I like all the juices I've tried from them. Their VR4, which is their version of an RY4, is so awesome it scares me a little. You might try letting your juices steep (basically letting them sit in a cool, dark place) for a week or so and see if that helps bring the flavors out. I've had juices that didn't taste like anything when I first got them that really turned out great after a steep.

AC2DC

Jan 17, 2011
Socal
Cool, i will steep the juices for a week and test it again. I ordered 5 flavors and liked 2 out of the box, oryental 4 & cappuccino smooth. The other three aren't bad, it's vapable, so not bad at all for my 1st juice order. I've read good reviews of Vaperite as well so i'll will order from them next, definitely will try out the VR4 since i liked the oryental 4. Also want to try some coffee flavors from BWB, menthol juices from Halo, so many things to try :)

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Cool, i will steep the juices for a week and test it again. I ordered 5 flavors and liked 2 out of the box, oryental 4 & cappuccino smooth. The other three aren't bad, it's vapable, so not bad at all for my 1st juice order. I've read good reviews of Vaperite as well so i'll will order from them next, definitely will try out the VR4 since i liked the oryental 4. Also want to try some coffee flavors from BWB, menthol juices from Halo, so many things to try :)

Try Kick Bass Vapor and Ms. T's Bakery I love their juices!
They are all made to order and have very complex and tasty flavors! :vapor:
Blue Mist owner Robert Jacks told me to let the juices steep in a bright, sunny window for best results.
I hope this helps.
C.B.
:evil:

Doomed!

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2011
Denver
Try Kick Bass Vapor and Ms. T's Bakery I love their juices!
They are all made to order and have very complex and tasty flavors! :vapor:
Blue Mist owner Robert Jacks told me to let the juices steep in a bright, sunny window for best results.
I hope this helps.
C.B.
:evil:

Hmmmm. I was under the impression that light killed the nicotine. But I suppose the man knows his business.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Yes, thank you, $10.99 for a 5 pack. The blanks are only $9.99. The way I vape, I got about 3 hours out of a battery. But then again, I've been vaping my brains out since I got the thing, so I imagine it will settle around the 4 hour mark for me. With the weather in your neck of the woods I wouldn't be surprised if your order is delayed a day or so, but hopefully not.

That battery life is incredible. I was getting maybe 45 minutes out of my Joye 510 batteries (from Cignot). It's hard to believe the technology is there for a similarly-sized battery to last that long. What is Joye doing wrong?

My order wasn't delayed at all; I got my kit today! :)

Just started vaping with it and if my initial impression lasts, this thing rocks. The throat hit shocked me the most. My first big drag on this thing had me coughing. I have been having trouble completely kicking the analog habit, but I just ate dinner and didn't have a post-meal cigarette. Instead I'm vaping on this BMF (haha) and not feeling the need for that analog. We'll see how it goes with that...

Just an update. The cutoff for these guys is 8 seconds by my count. That may disappoint the people taking 10 second drags, but an 8 second drag nearly killed me with how much vapor the Bloog puts out! Ok, that's all for now. I'll post more as I play with it.

EIGHT SECONDS?!? Wow. The other review I watched (not GrimmGreen), they were cutting off for the guy at five seconds, and he had one battery that cut off at seven seconds. He stated that he thought the seven second cutoff was perfect, so eight is even better. I can't drag mine for eight seconds to test it. I tried and nearly choked. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
Frick, did you get prefilled cartos and if so what flavors did you get?

Yes. I wanted blanks for my own juice, but they were out-of-stock when I ordered. They have them in stock now; I missed it by a day or two.

I got RY4 in 24mg and Kamel in 16mg. I mixed strengths because 24mg is a bit strong for me (too much nicotine buzz for my chain-vaping tendencies) most of the time, but I wasn't sure how these were going to "hit", so I didn't know what strength I'd like. I don't want to be stuck with too-weak juice either, because I want to get rid of the occasional analog I'm still smoking. Plus I'd been vaping Vaperite "Organic Caramel Cream" in 18mg, and it's about perfect.

The RY4 is, from my limited experience, typical Chinese RY4: not that great of a taste, but good throat hit and vapor. This thing produces prodigious clouds of vapor, with a very un-typical (for a mini) throat hit.

The Kamel is a lot better-tasting (to me, at least). The throat hit seems a little more mild, but the nicotine content being lower might be a big part of that.

I've been vaping the same battery since about 5:30pm, and it's nearly 1:00am now (had about a 1-1/2 hour break from it to go out to dinner, although I did stealth-vape in the bathroom at the restaurant :) ). The battery life is insane compared to my 510 stuff. And I'm still on the original RY4 cart without any dripping, although I did vape the Kamel for a half-hour when I got home.

Last edited:

MahBohMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Rhode Island
Just an update. The cutoff for these guys is 8 seconds by my count. That may disappoint the people taking 10 second drags, but an 8 second drag nearly killed me with how much vapor the Bloog puts out! Ok, that's all for now. I'll post more as I play with it.

Agreed if your draggin this thing for more than 8 seconds you might as well roll up the sunday newspaper light it up and smoke away, 8 seconds will destroy you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread