The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaporless Vaping ?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by rico942, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rico942

rico942 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Was just stealth vaping in the stall, or "vooping", as someone coined the term here on ECF recently, and was frantically waving my hand through the cloud before it rose above the partition to enrage the guy in the next seat ...

Made me think how convenient it would be sometimes to have a juice that produces minimal vapor, or none at all, the ultimate in stealth vaping ...

Most of the juices I've purchased so far have been the standard 80 PG/20 VG mix, and generate a modest plume ...

I do enjoy the exhaled stream of vapor as much as anyone, for the satisfaction of a visual feedback response ...

What happens with 100% PG ? Has anyone who does DIY found that the juice is undetectable without any VG ?

Is there anything other than PG that could be used for nicotine delivery with no visible vapor at all, by intent ?

2. vjdossey

vjdossey Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    Antioch, CA
    I just hold my vapor in til I can't anymore and poof vapor is gone-lol... :)

sent from my cell using taptalk :)

3. Krazirob

Krazirob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    Cameron, NC
    yeah just hold it or lower the wattage so it doesn't burn as much.......but holding in your lungs is best cause you still get a TH and not a lot of vapor......i do this in meetings and places like that....

4. rustafar

rustafar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 18, 2013
    Weeki Wachee, FL.
    That's what I do in the stores. ;-O

5. rico942

rico942 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    All good advice, and I've been doing the pearl diver impression when necessary. My favorite technique is blowing the vapor across the rim of a steaming cup of coffee in a restaurant. Looks totally innocent ... :D

But I'm still wondering if anyone has experimented with "vaporless juice", or if that's even possible. Would it be as satisfying, or is the visible vapor that essential to the experience ? :confused:

6. RickAppling

RickAppling Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2013
    Lincoln' NE
    That has a couple of problems, at least for me. I can not hold my breathe that long. Also unless I have the vapour go through my nose I get no flavor at all.

7. RickAppling

RickAppling Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2013
    Lincoln' NE
    For me and from what I gather others clouds are a big part of the experience. But I would be willing to give that up in some situations if it would allow me to vape.

8. Krazirob

Krazirob Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    Cameron, NC
    take shorter drags......

9. NicoHolic

NicoHolic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2013
    USA
    Vapor = Power x Time x %VG (not exactly, but you get the idea)
    You've reduced VG to almost insignificant
    As said above, reduce time and take shorter drags.
    Also said above, reduce voltage or wattage on a VV or VW mod.
    On a mech or regulated non-VV/VW, increase resistance to lower power.

10. Bjorn Toulouse

Bjorn Toulouse Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2009
    Glasgow
    you still get vapour with just PG. PG is the stuff that use to be in smoke machines.
    with all the bans that are going on I'd rather vape plumeless than have to go out with the smokers.

11. patkin

patkin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    Arizona USA
    I saw one vendor that makes a vaporless juice but I can't recall the name unfortunately but they are out there. I just blow the vapor down my shirt.

12. macaroni

macaroni Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Did you ever cosider maybe the guy in the next stall wasn't complaining about the vapor from your e-cig????

Just sayin' :blush: lol out loud

13. misterholidayhouse

misterholidayhouse Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2013
    Central Oregon
    I vape openly in restrooms of five star restaurants all the time and have NEVER had anyone object. They may ask what I'm doing, but once I explain they usually are satisfied, and more often, complement me on quitting smoking, remark on the pleasant smell of the vapor, etc. I don't see it as a problem and don't try to hide it. Are you in high school or something? ;-)

14. Miata GT

Miata GT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL
    When I was doing BLUCIGs I would occassionally have a toot or two in my cube on the sly. I would blow the vapor into a straw stuck in a cup of ice which usually kept the clouds to a minimum.

15. skakid812

skakid812 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Texas
    I just avoid vaping in the stall, or anywhere else I wouldnt of smoked for that matter. I dont understand it.

16. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    public loos should be treated as vape lounges ... I don't think anyone would complain about a waft of Apple Pie :vapor:

17. erikbal

erikbal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2013
    Olean, NY
    Like others have said I just hold it in for a few seconds and the vapor is almost non existent. I do this is restaurants and such. Stealth mode. Although it's not so stealthy with my MVP2 lol. That's why I'm getting a vv v3 for Christmas.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.