• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vapors Kitchen E-Liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Hey all,

I recently received my first order from VK and thought I would share my thoughts on the ones I have received so far. They aren't the same as NFN by any means, but the flavors are good and the options are much more diverse.

Amaretto Tobacco - This flavor didn't really jump out at me at first but after spending a little time with it I really like it. It has a really good throat hit, enough to make me cough on my new Cisco 510 and new home made box mod that I built specifically for the eGo-T atties when I eventually get them.

Watermelon - This is a great flavor, it was one of the juices that stood out because I knew the flavor was going to be strong from the smell. It's noticeably artificial but I don't mind it in this case because it takes me back to watermelon candies as a kid.

Menthol Watermelon - A nice mild menthol accent to the exhale. Less intense than NFN's menthol, that's for sure. I found that NFN's menthols (excluding Cool and Smooth) would have a burning sensation on the tongue while I would draw the vapor into my mouth and then a cooling sensation on the exhale. This is much less intense and a weaker TH for a menthol.

Arctic Peach Tobacco - I honestly can't give this flavor high ratings right now, I will update it if that changes. It's not that it is a bad flavor really, I just don't really like it.

Tangerine - Another juice that took some time to really appreciate. It is a good citrus flavor with a little zing and a good throat hit too. It does taste like tangerine but is again an artificial flavor but that also doesn't bother me in this case either since it's good.

Tango Tobacco - This is the one I think everyone has heard the most about and has come most recommended for me. I like it in a way, it's sweet and very unique. It's not something I would say is my all day vape, but this will make a good occasional thing.

Peanut Butter Banana - This juice is just awesome. I love the throat hit, and the peanut butter and banana are so well balanced that they taste like one flavor. I liked this one so much that it will be included in every future order I make from VK.

Coming soon - Root Beer, Maple and more Peanut Butter and Banana, lol.

Overall I would have to say his juices are really very good. It is a unique mix and I like the consistency at room temperature. I have difficulty vaping these juices in the cold of winter, as to be expected with a higher VG content. I noticed my PG got thick, but not too thick where I couldn't vape outside in the cold. Anyway that's my :2c:.

Anyone got any favorites that they recommend?

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
Amaretto Tobacco - This flavor didn't really jump out at me at first but after spending a little time with it I really like it. It has a really good throat hit, enough to make me cough on my new Cisco 510 and new home made box mod that I built specifically for the eGo-T atties when I eventually get them.

That is interesting to me. Reason being, I got Amaretto and Number 7 tobacco ejuice from Vapables.com. I thoroughly enjoy mixing in the Amaretto with my number 7! Now I know why!!

Last edited:

DemonCleaner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Calgary, Alberta. Canada
I bought four juices from them.

Vanilla cola - little or no taste, and disgustingly thick
Root beer - what little taste I got from it was more menthol than any thing. Also grossly thick
Pumpkin pie - tastes like what pumpkin pie would taste like if there was no pumpkin or pie in it. Kind of like taking a shot of all spice up your nose.
Cinnamon roll - meh, decent I suppose, but not as delicious as my beloved ms t's cinnamon roll.

I suppose having 1 out of 4 juices that is actually vapable leaves a bad taste in my mouth, quite literally. So I don't think I'll be ordering from " the chef" again, anytime soon.

lickwid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Milton, Ontario

Root beer - what little taste I got from it was more menthol than any thing. Also grossly thick
Pumpkin pie - tastes like what pumpkin pie would taste like if there was no pumpkin or pie in it. Kind of like taking a shot of all spice up your nose.
Cinnamon roll - meh, decent I suppose, but not as delicious as my beloved ms t's cinnamon roll.

I suppose having 1 out of 4 juices that is actually vapable leaves a bad taste in my mouth, quite literally. So I don't think I'll be ordering from " the chef" again, anytime soon.

I ordered 4 tobacco flavors (don't remember which ones, but tango was one of them) and 3 fruity flavors. All of the tobacco ones were un-vapable, just really bad, the fruity ones were ok, but then I realized I don't want fruity flavors, also won't go back.

VapourGuy

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Ontario,Canada/ New York
I ordered the coconut with hopes it would be something the red label coconut I get from totally wicked which is my favourite liquid of all time as I find it to be very tobacco like. the one from there was nothing like that at all it was the exact same as what I made using coconut flavouring from grocery store and the ejuice calculator which did very slightly taste like coconut in a very disgusting way. As I like my TW coconut and also there tobacco flavours and my DK tobacco flavours I'm just going to stick with them for now.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON

Guess I got lucky with the juices I have tested, I always try to give my brutally honest thoughts on the products. I do like the good ones but that Arctic Peach Tobacco is not good at all. In all honesty if I was stranded on a desert island and could only bring 5 liters of one single juice it would have to be NFN's Peachwood Tobacco Or Frozen Cherry.

Last edited:

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
I want to support Canadian E-liquid makers but at the price point they are putting forth , I feel they are in it for just the $$ it doesn't cost anywhere near what they charge for liquid $10 for 10ml no thanks , I love tasty vapor as he is on point in the liquid market but is a USA vendor but doesn't overcharge . When will we see a vendor take a approach to making affordable liquid thus making there sales increase and not having to gouge us poor vapers :)

Plus what do we know of these liquid makers are they just mixing it up on the kitchen counter , without any quality lab measuring and sanitary conditions ? and where is the nicotine coming from the flavorings used etc

anyone else feel like most Canadian Ecig dealers are overcharging for liquids and supplies to some extent ?? ?

Last edited:

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
I want to support Canadian E-liquid makers but at the price point they are putting forth , I feel they are in it for just the $$ it doesn't cost anywhere near what they charge for liquid $10 for 10ml no thanks , I love tasty vapor as he is on point in the liquid market but is a USA vendor but doesn't overcharge . When will we see a vendor take a approach to making affordable liquid thus making there sales increase and not having to gouge us poor vapers :)

Plus what do we know of these liquid makers are they just mixing it up on the kitchen counter , without any quality lab measuring and sanitary conditions ? and where is the nicotine coming from the flavorings used etc

anyone else feel like most Canadian Ecig dealers are overcharging for liquids and supplies to some extent ?? ?

I think everything is over priced in Canada considering the deals I see on TV. The higher prices are because of the nature of our ban I would imagine on top of the nature of our economy. Many Canadians scratch their heads when they see the same great product for a fraction of the cost in the US while our Dollar is on par or often doing a little better; The answer is Supply and Demand. Canada simply has a smaller population so we have to spend more of our money.

While in the US you can charge less due to the sheer volume of potential customers, in Canada it is harder to bring that product to you due to the simple lack of people themselves. This makes the product more expensive in the end.

Also, I have paid more than $1 per ml on Dekang juices in the past and have not felt gauged at all because it is a market specific flavor.

Canadian Juice designers take a chance every time they make an order for supplies, while they also have to cover operational costs to stay open and worry about the possibility of being ruined by their own government sometime in the future. On top of this you need the best flavors, carry unique hardware and so on.

It's not an easy choice to make to become a vendor because you have so much against you and that is a big reason why I pay $12.99 for my atties and so much on my juices.

The good thing is that it is still cheaper than smoking ever was. I am a heavy vaper and I use 90-120 ml of juice per month and it's still cheaper than smoking a pack a day.

So yes, overpriced in a way, but not in others.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB

Well, thats kinda why I do DIY for my e-liquid with flavorings ordered direct from The Perfumers Apprentice and I have enough flavourless nic to last me at least a year between what I ordered from greenhouseone and traded with Switched for(Thanks).
I order bulk cartomizers direct from China(e-liquid.cn) and order hardware(batteries etc) from either greenhouseone or mjte-cigarettes as needed.

As of now I probably don't need to order anything for at least a year, but I do have a budget set aside each month for my vaping(60.00), so I am ordering new things that I want to try from Canadian vendors, such as a order from JuicyClear.

Now, that all said, I have been doing this a while now and I am comfortable with placing orders from China and waiting. I can even deal with customer service issues with China.

What we are paying our suppliers for is the product we want, quick shipping, and the quality of service they provide us. With that in mind and the Time invested in getting the product from China, taking orders, filling and shipping said orders ,dealing customer questions/concerns, and handling any warranty issues.
Plus there is any costs running their web stores and taxes they need to pay on their income from running the business.

Now after looking at it that way I believe that most of our homegrown suppliers do not overcharge for the products they are offering. They want to make a living wage off of their business.

Anyone that asks me about vaping I send here to ECF to read up on what they want to know, refer to Jack from Happy Vaper and give a business card with the web addresses and any discount codes for the vendors I have tried and liked.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
I think everything is over priced in Canada considering the deals I see on TV. The higher prices are because of the nature of our ban I would imagine on top of the nature of our economy. Many Canadians scratch their heads when they see the same great product for a fraction of the cost in the US while our Dollar is on par or often doing a little better; The answer is Supply and Demand. Canada simply has a smaller population so we have to spend more of our money.

While in the US you can charge less due to the sheer volume of potential customers, in Canada it is harder to bring that product to you due to the simple lack of people themselves. This makes the product more expensive in the end.

Also, I have paid more than $1 per ml on Dekang juices in the past and have not felt gauged at all because it is a market specific flavor.

Canadian Juice designers take a chance every time they make an order for supplies, while they also have to cover operational costs to stay open and worry about the possibility of being ruined by their own government sometime in the future. On top of this you need the best flavors, carry unique hardware and so on.

It's not an easy choice to make to become a vendor because you have so much against you and that is a big reason why I pay $12.99 for my atties and so much on my juices.

The good thing is that it is still cheaper than smoking ever was. I am a heavy vaper and I use 90-120 ml of juice per month and it's still cheaper than smoking a pack a day.

So yes, overpriced in a way, but not in others.

Thanks NoizMaker, you covered a lot of the rest of the things I was going to address next.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB

This is a legitimate concern, and when considering a supplier that makes his own custom juice as a prospective customer you can ask if is formulated in a lab under sanitary conditions or mixed in the kitchen/at a desk. They may even be able to supply you with pictures of the work area that the juices are prepared in.
They may or may not wish to divulge the source for their flavorings, but they should definitely be able to tell you what "grade" the nicotine sourced is, be it pharmaceutical, industrial, sourced from a China supplier etc.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON

Actually, upon trying this juice that is a very accurate statement.

I don't mind the consistency since it is more VG than PG and that is what I need right now but this is not a favorite of mine from VK. Very weak flavor and it does have a strange "menthol" type quality to the vape.

It's not gross to me and it will be vaped but probably whenever I am out of all the good ones.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
So I just received a couple more juices in the mail from VK and I thought I would just do up a quick review of 24 mg Maple and the other free goodies I received.

Maple - Reminds me a lot of Rath Waffle without the butter. That's the only way I can describe it. It does taste and smell like Maple Syrup, but it must be one of the exact same flavors used in Rath Waffle.

Root Beer - Refer to DemonCleaner's review...

Coconut Chocolate - I didn't order this one, I was actually sent a 3 ml bottle for free and I will be doing a video review of it. I'm not a fan of coconut... like at all. Can't stand the stuff, so I can tell you this tastes exactly like coconut, smells exactly like coconut too, you just don't get the gritty grossness from actually eating it.

I can barely taste the chocolate because my attention is on that familiar, nasty coconut flavor. My conclusion is that if you love the real taste of coconut then this is a good juice for you. It's not subtle or fake and it kind of reminds me of a Bounty bar...

Arctic Mango Tobacco - Another 3 ml surprise in my package, not sure what I think of it yet. It reminds me very much of the Arctic Peach Tobacco of course but it isn't as nasty. Not an ADV but I will use it up for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread