Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I've had mine for about 8 months now and use it almost every day. I also have a rDNA40 and the finish on the fire button on that started wearing off after about 6 months. The DNA200 still looks brand new. I think the VS DNA200 is the best DNA200 mod on the market.

I had an issue with the fire button when I first got it and VS took care of it in less than a week.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
the coating isn't the best out there IMHO. No matter how careful you are I think you are bound to scratch the area around the 510 where you screw your atomizer down, unless you have a clear overlay or sticker on there.

Do I like this mod? Yes, love it, its my go to out and about mod because of its relatively light weight, its relatively small form factor and the fact that it does 2amp charging (with the right cable and charger).

Cons

#1 Even a 22mm atty will have slight overhang in the front where the screen is due to the curvature of the edges

#2 as mentioned, coating finish, put a sharkskin on it and you won't notice any scratches with atty on top.

Other than that a solid pocketable device.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
How are these holding up? I've been considering picking up a DNA 200 and thought I might as well go vapor shark for the zip charging. How is the build quality?
i've noticed on my VS 200 the finished is holding up quite well (always in a shark skin). VS's customer service is great. gotta love the 2 amp charging, who wouldn't. only nit pick is the screen cover plastic quality. it scratches easily. way more easily than the screen covers on my VS 40's.

moneymike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Well mine just died. Never got wet or dropped, it just stopped firing all of a sudden and the screen won't light up. The button still turns blue and the battery was around 45% when it happened so I'm pretty sure the fuse is blown.

Unfortunately its a few months past the 120 day warranty and Evolv said they don't have any replacement parts so it looks like I'm gonna have to pay VS $25 to have the board replaced.

Should I spend an extra $20 to have the battery swapped out while its there? Its been the only device I've used since October but haven't really noticed drop in battery life. Would it be a waste to replace it after 7 months?

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Should I spend an extra $20 to have the battery swapped out while its there? Its been the only device I've used since October but haven't really noticed drop in battery life. Would it be a waste to replace it after 7 months?

I assume you have checked the battery in Escribe. My vote would be to replace it anyway unless you don't mind replacing it yourself later or needing to send it to them again when it really needs replacing. You have used it daily since October. Just my opinion....

Last edited:
Reactions: moneymike

moneymike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Thanks I'll get it replaced. I actually haven't hooked up to escribe in a few months and now it won't recognize the device so I have no idea about the current health of the battery.

One thing I've noticed is that it wasn't firing sometimes while plugged in. At first I thought it was from not pressing the button down all the way but it was happening more often lately so I think it might've been the cord coming loose while firing. I've seen a few invoices from VS saying the USB shorted causing the fuse to blow so maybe that's what caused it.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Oh well at least its only $25 to fix, I was just kinda in disbelief it actually died. Was hoping I put it in stealth mode or something
sounds like what happened to mine. only $25 for a new board and shipping both ways? that's not bad. maybe put a small black mark somewhere on the old battery with a sharpie to make sure they changed it when you get it back. i actually emailed VS last night to see if they had an extended warranty plan to purchase. they do not. but at least you get another new 120 day warranty with a new board and battery.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
so noticed something with both of the VS's that I've purchased. The firebutton is glitchy, sometimes, when not enough force is applied, the firebutton has a tactile feedback but the led light fails to light up and the mod fails to fire. Also if I depress the firebutton and hear the click and sort of let it go a little, the led light goes out and the mod stops firing.

Anyone able to DIY fix this? Its a hassle for me to send it back to VS.

Also, does anyone have any experience with wüd decals? Thinking about picking one up for the VS.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
so noticed something with both of the VS's that I've purchased. The firebutton is glitchy, sometimes, when not enough force is applied, the firebutton has a tactile feedback but the led light fails to light up and the mod fails to fire. Also if I depress the firebutton and hear the click and sort of let it go a little, the led light goes out and the mod stops firing.

Anyone able to DIY fix this? Its a hassle for me to send it back to VS.

Also, does anyone have any experience with wüd decals? Thinking about picking one up for the VS.
same here rice. i have to make sure when i hit the fire button it's a deliberate firm press or it won't fire or it'll auto lock on me. doesn't happen all the time but when it does auto lock on me my heart sinks because i think the board went out again. then i look at the screen and realized it's just locked. phewwwwww!

no fix i know of short opening a ticket with VS.

Reactions: rice721

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
same here rice. i have to make sure when i hit the fire button it's a deliberate firm press or it won't fire or it'll auto lock on me. doesn't happen all the time but when it does auto lock on me my heart sinks because i think the board went out again. then i look at the screen and realized it's just locked. phewwwwww!

no fix i know of short opening a ticket with VS.

Mine does it as well, have had to physically restrain myself on a few occasions from chucking it against the wall. Never thought of raising it as an issue with VaporShark. Which is dumb of me, because they are currently swapping out and replacing the case for my device, due to rubber finish effectively peeling all off.

They arranged pick up, delivery labels, everything. All I had to do was print out some paperwork and package it up. Which is pretty impressive..

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
So has anyone gotten the fix from VS for the sticky fire button at no cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
If it's under warranty, it's no cost. I had the same issue where it would lock by itself while I was vaping. I opened a ticket with their CS and they e-mailed me a return shipping label. 6 calendar days later I got it back better than new.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
So has anyone gotten the fix from VS for the sticky fire button at no cost?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
i debated whether or not to contact VS about my 200's fire button. it doesn't happen all that often, maybe once a day. i already sent the device back once for a new board. wasn't really a hassle but i've come to learn i can live with the device auto locking once a day. it was worse about a month ago but seems to be getting better. maybe by me pushing the fire button it is cleaning or reshaping the metal dome inside for better contact, dunno.

edit.....for some reason i'm calling all my VS's, squapersharks. and no, i don't own any squape rta's. just like the sound of it.

Last edited:

Kinggrond

Feb 17, 2013
Romania

Same thing here... Wondering if the button is pressing down the actual switch on the board or is it a separate switch wired to the respective board? Aside from that, too many users reporting the same issue, may be a design flaw.

Also, sending it back to VS is not really an option for me, being in Europe makes it too expensive and time consuming, so if anyone finds a DYI fix to this, would be great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread