Status
Not open for further replies.

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Same thing here... Wondering if the button is pressing down the actual switch on the board or is it a separate switch wired to the respective board? Aside from that, too many users reporting the same issue, may be a design flaw.

Also, sending it back to VS is not really an option for me, being in Europe makes it too expensive and time consuming, so if anyone finds a DYI fix to this, would be great! :)

Being in China theres a good chance my VS will get lost in translation as well. Seems to be a design flaw. I'll see what I can do during my next visit stateside.

Kinggrond

Feb 17, 2013
Romania
Well I can understand design flaws on a product in the testing/prototype/first batch phase, but the VS DNA200 hit the market many months ago, enough time to fix any possible issues reported by the users, not the best approach I'd say.

So far we have this fire button issue, then there's the damn paintjob which keeps peeling off (I removed it from my VS completely, thankfully underneath it is a rather nice matte surface - looks like anodized). I can accept all this with a 40 dollar mod, but the VS is 3 times more expensive...:nah:

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Same thing here... Wondering if the button is pressing down the actual switch on the board or is it a separate switch wired to the respective board? Aside from that, too many users reporting the same issue, may be a design flaw.

Also, sending it back to VS is not really an option for me, being in Europe makes it too expensive and time consuming, so if anyone finds a DYI fix to this, would be great! :)
Open up a ticket. Last I heard, they pay shipping both ways even from other countries.

Well I can understand design flaws on a product in the testing/prototype/first batch phase, but the VS DNA200 hit the market many months ago, enough time to fix any possible issues reported by the users, not the best approach I'd say.

So far we have this fire button issue, then there's the damn paintjob which keeps peeling off (I removed it from my VS completely, thankfully underneath it is a rather nice matte surface - looks like anodized). I can accept all this with a 40 dollar mod, but the VS is 3 times more expensive...:nah:
The fire button doesn't affect that many mods. My finish is perfect after 9+ months of use. And the VS is 5 times more expensive.

Kinggrond

Feb 17, 2013
Romania
Statistically speaking, even with the best QC there's approx. 1% of every product batch that reaches the final user has manufacturing flaws or is even DOA and this is acceptable. However with the VS I would guesstimate something north of 5% or worse.

Now I'm still impressed with the overall quality of the VS and I also like the minimalist design and light weight a lot. Only real con with these Li-Po powered mods is that once depleted, you must have a power source available, whereas with the replaceable 18658 ones, you just throw in a freshly charged set and you're good to go. This is actually the main reason why I'm reaching for the Reuleaux for when out and about for a longer time.

Reactions: Eskie

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Statistically speaking, even with the best QC there's approx. 1% of every product batch that reaches the final user has manufacturing flaws or is even DOA and this is acceptable. However with the VS I would guesstimate something north of 5% or worse.

Now I'm still impressed with the overall quality of the VS and I also like the minimalist design and light weight a lot. Only real con with these Li-Po powered mods is that once depleted, you must have a power source available, whereas with the replaceable 18658 ones, you just throw in a freshly charged set and you're good to go. This is actually the main reason why I'm reaching for the Reuleaux for when out and about for a longer time.
My fire button was getting flaky a couple of weeks after I got it. It was bad enough after a month that I decided to send it back for repairs. It took less than a week to get it back and it's been perfect since (about 8 months ago).

If I'm going to be out more than 12 hrs, I bring a 2nd mod and tank. I have a USB charger in my truck so battery life isn't an issue.

Reactions: Tpat591

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015

I am in the UK and they arranged pick up and delivery.

My 200 is with Vaporshark, having the skin and button issues fixed.

stoprealones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
I'm not sure how to navigate on the ecfboard anymore. Everything has changed since the last time I was on here which was back in 2014. I don't subohm vape and I love vaporshark. I'm looking to try to find a vs dna40 if I can find one. Would anyone on this board know where to direct me to look for this board. I did a search on vaporshark and this is the only board that showed up. Thanks for your help

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm not sure how to navigate on the ecfboard anymore. Everything has changed since the last time I was on here which was back in 2014. I don't subohm vape and I love vaporshark. I'm looking to try to find a vs dna40 if I can find one. Would anyone on this board know where to direct me to look for this board. I did a search on vaporshark and this is the only board that showed up. Thanks for your help

I broadened the search to DNA 40 vaporshark and got back a number of threads. Hopefully this link will work Search Results for Query: dna 40 vaporshark | E-Cigarette Forum

Dobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2014
Tbilisi, Georgia
Did they replace the case free of charge?

Mine does it as well, have had to physically restrain myself on a few occasions from chucking it against the wall. Never thought of raising it as an issue with VaporShark. Which is dumb of me, because they are currently swapping out and replacing the case for my device, due to rubber finish effectively peeling all off.

They arranged pick up, delivery labels, everything. All I had to do was print out some paperwork and package it up. Which is pretty impressive..

Mactavish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
New York

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
so over the past few weeks this has been getting worse. the rubberized paint is bubbling and lifting of the top of my VS DNA 200. it's spreading around the entire top of the mod like a cancer! since it's got a few weeks still left on the warranty, i shot them an email.
IMG_20160711_164152.jpg

the good news, i contacted VS custy serve and apparently there is an extended warranty plan i didn't even know about. here's the email below. VS customer service has been top notch and an easy, fast RMA process IMHO. Awesome company with great people. :)

"Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern.

These devices are included with a 4-month warranty. However, we are offering extended warranties for all Vapor Shark DNA200 devices that have suffered any sort of paint issues. This extended warranty also included a free outer casing replacement and I will be more than happy to help you start this up. All I will need from you is your current shipping address. Once I have this information, I will provide you with a prepaid return shipping to have this sent in for repair.

Also, we will be gladly repair any other issues that you may be experiencing. The only thing that is not covered is a replacement LiPo battery.

I look forward to your reply.

P.S. Brian and Felipe say hi!

Best,
Austin C."

Attachments

• IMG_20160711_164357.jpg
    IMG_20160711_164357.jpg
    872.8 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread