VaprBreak order disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
So 4 days after VaporBreak emailed me that it had shipped the tracking number gets me nothing, the tracking site tells me it's not found, no trace of it in Hong Kong or the US. I'm starting to think I got taken. Oh well, it was only for $16.72 including shipping, which apparently never happened. Wonder how they generated the tracking number.

Bummer in the summer...

Tried emailing them, this gets me an autoresponse referring me to PayPal. I do not have a PayPal account, and don't want one. I paid for this on my credit card and in no way involved PayPal.

Yup, I think I got taken.

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
They seem to have been around for quite awhile, found some old threads with generally positive reviews, so i assume/hope it will reappear for ya!

Not to rub salt in the wound, but this is one of the MAJOR benefits to using PayPal, they have quite good buyer protections, and in the odd instance your stuff never shows up, they wouldve likely immediately reimbursed you. Then they do the fighting.

Best of luck figuring out what happened!

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Chill!!

VaporBreak has been around a while.. shipping is slow with them. If you got a tracking number, they shipped it and it will be another 2 to 3 days (or more) before it pops up in the system.
The China mail they most likely used takes for ever to update.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well if it shows up I'll be glad, if not it's a lesson learned, and a cheap one at that. I've learned far more expensive lessons. One hopes that the tracking number will at some point get me some results. What I find puzzling is how PayPal became involved in this. I never used them, and studiously avoided them online, and yet here they are, inserted into my purchase transaction without my consent.

I made a credit card purchase directly with the vendor online, declining to use PayPal, and yet they are involved anyway.

I really don't like that.

Last edited:

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
How long have you been waiting for your order?
What shipping service did you use?
China post can take some time. :)
China Post 10 -25 days - 24h dispatch. Maximum weight 2 kg. (Liquid sometimes sent via Singapore post) Usa Canada upgrade-10 day HK post. $4.27

well here's the invoice quote:

so it would appear I did the 10 day upgrade HK post ,but 4 days into this I can't track it at all.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Even my fastest shipment from them took 15 days. My tracking numbers never worked until the package was in the US..

Ah, then I might still get that mod in my vapemail. this is good to hear. I shall be patient and wait. It is probably on a huge container ship in the mid-Pacific. One assumes that once in port it will take days to unload that container and get the goods flowing. I am comforted.

mvroman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Texas
Even my fastest shipment from them took 15 days. My tracking numbers never worked until the package was in the US..

When I ordered from fasttech it took a few days for the tracking # to show anything and then it still took 20 days to get to me after that. I try to only order from China if its something I can wait for

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Okay thanks everyone :)

I'm just anxious about this new mech getting here because of the firing button issues I'm having with my current mech, a Sigelei 24, with it's button section sealed off so I can't get at it. It's supposed to be a magnetic button, but it sticks and misfires a lot. I'm really not pleased with it after a month, and would not recommend the Sigelei 24 to anyone. It looks nice, but does not perform long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread