Vaptio P-1 Mini Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the P-1 Mini Starter Kit from Vaptio. The kit was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Jason from Vaptio.

P-I MINI | Vaptio - Buy Best Vapor Cigarette, Vape Starter Kit, E-Cigarettes Tanks Online

In the Box

Contents:

P-1 Mini Mod
P-1 Mini tank
Pre-Installed 0.25 Kanthal Coil
Spare 0.25 Kanthal Coil
510 Drip Tip
USB Cable
2 User Manuals

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

When i opened the typical Vaptio packaging i was met by the top section containing a very small, gorgeous red (with carbon fibre effect sticker) device. Above this sits a small (minus drip tip at this point) 19mm tank , in the same what i would describe as "red wine" red. The sides of the device (apart from the Vaptio logo on one side) are identical, they have a raised curve going from bottom left to top right which then stays raised around the top of the device. On the left of this curve (right of the curve when looking at the other side) there is a very well done carbon fibre sticker which both looks and feels real, this covers the entire spine of the device. Apart from a black fire button the rest of the device has a matt red finish which looks and feels very durable and also while having the device in the hand i noticed for a device so small it has some reassuring weight to it. The front of the device has the already mentioned rectangular fire button, which feels like it's made of hard rubber. Underneath the fire button is a vertical row of 3 LED's to show wattage and battery status, finally at the bottom of the front is the micro USB port. The top of the device sits the spring loaded 510 with raised rim to prevent scratching the top of the device and does support bottom air feed, swiftly moving to the base of the device reveals generous venting holes and all the reassuring safety stamps.

The kit also comes in black or white, again with carbon fibre sticker and all have matching tanks. Moving on to the tank mine came with a red 510 drip tip (you can use your own), despite the pictures on the website having it has black. Apart from a shiny metallic joint between the top-cap and the main section (A very simple thing but this really sets the tank off, breaking up the red) the tank is entirely red. However the tank as other features that add to the aesthetics which i'll go through. The main section has a fair sized square window (front and back) to clearly see your juice level, and there is a max fill line which lines up with the top of the window. The base has duel cyclops with stopper and the airflow ring has texturing, there is also texturing around the top-cap.

P-1 Tank Specs

Material: Zinc Alloy
Diameter: 19mm
Height: 53mm
Top-fill
Duel bottom airflow
Capacity: 2ml

P-1 Tank Overview

The P-1 tank is a simple design, separating into just three sections. To use the tank all you need to do is unscrew the base and screw a primed coil into this, then screw the base back on. Taking the top-cap off reveals two very large filling holes, once filled just screw the top-cap back on and leave for a couple of minutes then it's ready to use. When unscrewing the top-cap you will notice apart from the centre the entire inside as a protruding rubber bung to fully seal the tank and produce a really good vacuum. The supplied 0.25 Kanthal coil i used at 40w and found it very flavoursome with more than enough cloud. The airflow has just the right amount of resistance to it and i had it three quarters open giving me a restricted but smooth lung hit. The good thing about the P-1 tank is that it uses the Vaptio Grand coils (nine different coils so should be able to find at least one that works for you).

P-1 Mod Specs:

Dimensions: 58mm x 37.5mm x 24mm
Material: Zinc Alloy
Variable Wattage
Wattage: 30w / 40w / 50w
Display: 3 LED Lights
1300mAh inbuilt battery
USB Charging: DC 5V, 1A
Colours: Black, White, Red

Using the P1 Mod

The P-1 Mod is ideal (in fact the whole kit is) for someones first mod once they have identified themselves more suited to DL. As long as you don't vape at over 50w or use temp control there's nothing wrong with a more experienced vaper using this device as it's a cracking little thing, however most experienced vapers prefer more menu options and removable batteries. The device is simple to use deploying the standard 5 clicks on and off. Once on, 3 clicks lights up 1 led (30w), clicking 3 times again gives you 2 lights (40w) and finally repeating the process gives you 3 lights (50w), if you click 3 times again the device goes back to 30w. The lights also indicate your battery status, when firing the lights show the wattage of the device, so for example 2 lights is 40w, but once you finish firing the lights change to battery status and stay on for 2 seconds. 3 lights is above 70%, 2 lights is above 30% and 1 light is below 30%. That is it, a very uncomplicated device.

Performance

Using the P-1 kit had a simple charm to it, and the performance of the 0.25 supplied coil at 40w i couldn't fault for a stock coil. I also used the device when i went up town and it really is ideal as a stealth mod you can make the device practically disappear in the hand. The only problem is if you want to use other tanks you are limited to 22mm tanks maximum if you don't want any overhang. The battery management yet again from Vaptio was very good and the 1300mAh battery seemed to be more in the region of 1500mAh and lasted a reasonable time, but still it needs at least a 2000mAh battery to give someone the confidence a full battery will last them while there on the go or at work for the day.

Stealth Device
Good First Kit
Simple to use
Aesthetically Pleasing
Plenty of coil choices
Good flavour
Well made

Dislikes

Only 22mm tanks or below
Battery life not the greatest
Internal Battery (a negative for some people)

Conclusion

For someone in the market for a first mod, or someone who just wants a little stealth device that performs well; you can't go far wrong with this kit from Vaptio.

I would like to once again thank Jason from Vaptio for supplying the P-1 Mini Kit for review.

P-I MINI | Vaptio - Buy Best Vapor Cigarette, Vape Starter Kit, E-Cigarettes Tanks Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread