Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
You can wire a Trimmer/Potentiometer into any of the popular regulators used, including the one mentioned above and there are various styles available with knobs, the screw type and the wheel type.

Check out the Modding Forum/Batterty Mods Section for some info and ideas. A popular thread in there is the EverCool Variable Voltage mod. That should get you going and answer many of your questions.

If your looking for an all in one solution with the regulator, board and potentiometer already completed check out the DE-SWADJ3. It's probably the easiest solution for a build but it's expensive. I can build a mod for that that regulator cost.

Last edited:

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I am so getting a DE-SWADJ3 and a breakout board. When I get tired of the old mod I can transfer it to a new mod with no desoldering. $ 35 for both is a little pricey but it does everything and is portable. Thanks for bringing this reg up Nomoreash.

Does make for an easy solution, just be sure and measure to make sure you have room, especially if you're using the breakout board, it's not the smallest option.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Okay first thank you so much nomore! I thought I was doing so good thinking this out until pnquin threw in break out board???? Now I know I sound stupid...but.....explain please?

A breakout board is simply a PCB board that expands connection points from each pin of the regulator so you don't have to connect components directly to the pins, makes assembly much easier. Here's the one pnguin was referring to which is made specifically for DE regulators and has screw terminals so no soldering is required. As stated above though it's larger and more expensive than other options.

Voltage regulator breakout board

Here's a smaller, cheaper, more generic option that is precut and popular with the TI, OKR and other builds in the modders forum which you should check out as all your questions can be answered there and make more since when you see and read about the actual builds in progress.

Mini Pre cut Interconnect Circuit Board

pnguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Does make for an easy solution, just be sure and measure to make sure you have room, especially if you're using the breakout board, it's not the smallest option.

Space will hopefully not be too much of a problem. I am making the enclosure out of some aged cedar I salvaged from a barn, so can make it to fit.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I wonder what's in the ProVari or the Lava Tube...

The provari if i remember correctly is a TI TPS43000 chip microcontrolled from what i heard .Dont quote me on that though . The componants are way too small to solder by hand . Everything must be machine reflowed and have stencils cut for it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread