Variable Voltage Battery problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLogan

May 25, 2013
Oklahoma
So, recently received my NEXGEN Style 2 Ego battery with a variable voltage/LED display. Today, the display stopped working and is stuck on 3.8v. I tried messing around with the '+' '-' buttons but it doesn't change on the display... Now, I fear, that the voltage is too high and might be burning my artomizers. Currently, I have an off-brand CE4 (bought it from the local gas station) with 1.5 ohm wicks and an iClear 30 with 2.1 ohm wicks. Is there any way I can tell what the voltage is at? I've been putting it up to my ear, listening to the sound but am not too sure of what I'm doing. I'm new to vaping. The voltage range is 3.0-6.0. I've already contacted NEXGEN about the problem...and am awaiting a reply. Thanks.

Return to vendor.
Everybody I know that has bought off brand cheap crap regrets it.
Lose or sloppy fit on batteries and seals that leak and all the rest.
Over time quality matters and ends up being cheaper.

I use eGo-c twists 3.2-4.8 with 1.8ohm coils but use good quality mostly PG juice 65% - 35% to 85% - 15% because I discovered VG clogs coils faster and has not "cleaned" well.
They work very well for me but again I do not use VG heavy juices.

Regardless do NOT stop vaping as an alternative to smoking.
It will work if you work with it.
I smoke 2 packs a day for over 40 years and with vaping have not had a smoke since last Xmas.
If I can do it so can you.
make sure your juice SATISFIES you.
Maybe 36mg to start.
But then work your way down to ZERO nicotine and all of a sudden you are FREE!

Give me LIBERTY (vaping) or give me death (smoking).:blink:

xLogan

May 25, 2013
Oklahoma
Hahaha... yes, I guess I am a bit lucky that my gas station near my house sells clearomizers. Although they totally overprice them -- $15 for a CE4 looking replaceable head one, with 2 wicks for $7... but, if you're in need of a tank really bad... you can always pick one up...

ANYWAY, thank you all for your help and replies. I received a troubleshooting video in their reply, and within it I was able to fix my problem. I was NOT aware that you could lock the voltage buttons on this dang thing... So thankful that it isn't a defective model... :~) just a false alarm, thanks everyone

dataoogie

Feb 14, 2012
NYC
Could be something wrong with the switch as well. The actual button underneath might be fault causing the battery power to activate and just causing the overall mod to overheat. And the chip could be damaged as well as Katya just stated. You should definitely talk to them about because the overheating problem happened to my other mod as well and almost burned off the spring on the negative side of my mod. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread