Variable voltage mod rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

jward015

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2012
Charlotte
I'm sure I'm not the only one who rolls up a coil, throws it on my provari, and gets ...... when it gives me the e1 or e2 warning. No one likes their coils to be above 1.2 ohms, so why can't we get some good mods to fix this problem? Check out this video and tell me if anyone has any suggestions
Variable Voltage mods - YouTube

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
That's what I've been doing, but I'd like to see something that I can check resistance, battery life, and have vv, but still role my coils on it

You can still check the sub-ohm coil on the provari but you will get an error if you try to fire it.

I make my own coils and all are above 3.0 ohms and work just fine.

Imo if you are having issues with simple things maybe you shouldn't be building sub-ohm coils.

bilbobaggins30

Vapin' Hobbit
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
The Shire
Why not a DNA20 mod? I know it VW, but it allows you to see real time resistance, voltage, and battery life. It also allows you to regulate sub-ohm coils (the lowest I believe is 0.6 or 0.7), but there is one problem... There is not step-down transformer, only a buck boost, so you will never get below the battery's voltage. Kind of annoying unless you vape on a genesis or a device that wicks well...

jward015

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2012
Charlotte
You can still check the sub-ohm coil on the provari but you will get an error if you try to fire it.

I make my own coils and all are above 3.0 ohms and work just fine.

Imo if you are having issues with simple things maybe you shouldn't be building sub-ohm coils.

Lol, I'm not having trouble with coils! A 3.0 ohm is way to high in my opinion, I role mine at very low resistances, therefore they won't fire. And I know I can check the resistance on my provari no matter what, but I want to be able to use the damn thing too.

jward015

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2012
Charlotte
Why not a DNA20 mod? I know it VW, but it allows you to see real time resistance, voltage, and battery life. It also allows you to regulate sub-ohm coils (the lowest I believe is 0.6 or 0.7), but there is one problem... There is not step-down transformer, only a buck boost, so you will never get below the battery's voltage. Kind of annoying unless you vape on a genesis or a device that wicks well...

I don't use box mods, I think they're hideous

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Lol, I'm not having trouble with coils! A 3.0 ohm is way to high in my opinion, I role mine at very low resistances, therefore they won't fire. And I know I can check the resistance on my provari no matter what, but I want to be able to use the damn thing too.

Well have you considered using micro coils? Can archieve a sub-ohm type vape on a provari.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

If your Provari is version 2, you can use coils down to about .8 ohms. But you'll only be able to vape at about 2.9 volts, or you'll exceed the 3.5 amp limit.
The reality is, coils need to be 1.2 ohms or above, to work very well on a Provari.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... gets ...... when it gives me the e1 or e2 warning. No one likes their coils to be above 1.2 ohms

Ah Grasshopper, you cast a wide net and have much to learn.

That's what I've been doing, but I'd like to see something that I can check resistance, battery life, and have vv, but still role my coils on it

There's an ol' invention called a VOM/DVM. They'll sate at least one of your quest.

... but I want to be able to use the damn thing too.

That was answered in a previous reply to your post.

I don't use box mods, I think they're hideous

So is a self centered vaping rant!
whistle.gif

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
No one likes their coils to be above 1.2 ohms

and you came to this consensus how exactly?

I run all my vv's with 32 or 30 gauge in the 1.5 to 1.8 ohm range. my atty's run just fine.

my mechs all run around .8 .9 and I use the provari to check them as well.

IMO if you cant get good results from a SR coil on a VV mod you dont know what your doing.

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
and you came to this consensus how exactly?

I run all my vv's with 32 or 30 gauge in the 1.5 to 1.8 ohm range. my atty's run just fine.

my mechs all run around .8 .9 and I use the provari to check them as well.

IMO if you cant get good results from a SR coil on a VV mod you dont know what your doing.

The old consensus of one...Seems to be a lot more prevalent lately; "I don't, therefore, nobody does..."

Sent via the guys that made Star Trek low tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread