Variable Wattage Mod Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently just gotten a Vamo V5 with an Igo-W dripper and love it. However due to the 1.2 ohm limit on the Vamo I can't get very much vapor production compared to my nautilus.

I'm looking to upgrade from the V5 to a new mod I can hopefully blow decent clouds for an Igo-W as well as use my nautilus with it as well; I was thinking a Variable Wattage would be a good choice for this but I don't know where to go after the Vamo.

I looked at the Vamo 30 Watt and it sounds like it would be good for this but I have no idea if a dual coil setup on the Igo-W would be able to produce the large amounts of vapor with the .6 ohm limit.

Any suggestions?:D

Edit : Would've put this in the Mod section but I didn't have enough posts at the time.

Last edited:

BeerGolfClouds

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2014
Orange County, CA, USA
With a variable wattage device it's not really about sub-ohm builds if you're looking for large amounts of vapor. Concentrate more on a lot of coil surface area and good wicking. Two 28ga 9-wrap 1/8" id coils will get you right around 1 ohm...run that at 30 watts and you'll be surprised by the amount of vapor it provides.

Airflow is another concern. Does your igo-w have stock airholes or have you drilled them out? Imo the stock holes are too small, you'll want to start by opening them up to 3/32" and maybe even go up from there. Better airflow = more and cooler vapor, especially at higher wattages.

As far as device recommendations, best to just read/watch reviews and decide based on your needs. There are so many out there and more showing up almost daily. I have an ipv3 on the way; I don't necessarily need the 150 watt capability but it's nice to have the option ;-) Check out the variable voltage sub-forum, lots of good info in there.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Have the Sigelei Raptor, will fire a 0.2-3 ohm builds, 100 watt's max, dual 18650's, pretty sweet. Have the Cloupor T8 on order, which is 150 watt max, and upgrade software too 200 watt capable.

Some other 50 watt, 30, and 86 watt capable devices also. Heck, even the dna30 will take down to 0.50 ohms. :D

Vape long and prosper.!!!

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
The Vapor Shark DNA30 devices (one is very small, the other - the rDNA - has a replaceable battery) are quite nice. They're my wife's all-day devices and they're compact, sturdy (so far), and versatile. Not sure how low they fire (.5-ish?) but they'd definitely power your dripper with reasonable duals.

JohnnyBGoode

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Gelder,NL
Like BeerGolfClouds indicated, it is not needed to sub ohm to blow clouds. It is the watts that matter.
Since for a mech mod you have no other means of increasing watts than sub ohming, it got popular that way.
However with the recent rise of high powered regulated mods the need to really low sub ohm has more or less vanished.
You can increase the watts at a flick of a button.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have recently just gotten a Vamo V5 with an Igo-W dripper and love it. However due to the 1.2 ohm limit on the Vamo I can't get very much vapor production compared to my Nautilus.

I hate to say it, but there is something wrong with your builds or Igo. Even a 1.3+ohm dual coil dripper should comfortably out-perform a Nautilus on a Vamo.
You can get another mod, but fix what you have before you spend your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread