Variable Wattage systems.. [need guidance]

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoblitz

Feb 21, 2013
Malaysia
Example: to get an equivalent of 8 watts on a DC 1.5ohm carto, you read 3.0 ohms over to 8W (between 4.75 and 5V.) On a VV device, you set that and if it can handle the load, you are done. On a VW device, slide up to 1.5ohm and the wattage is actually around 16W. (Double the wattage.)

I wish I'd found that info the other day, since it turns out I can't (reasonably) use all my DC cartos on my evic. (11W limit means 5.5W per coil on DC.. A little low for most of my juices.)

Most of clearomizers I have is mostly 1.8ohms.. almost all of them.. and i have one UDCT and one DCT tank.. both are dual coil, 1.5ohms .. i gotta be careful with those..

Loads of suppliers in MY bro. Just google for 'em. :)
Bro any supplier you know .. that is selling VVV Tanks with sideload? :) thanks btw!

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
OMG.

I've done more that my share of mathematical e-cig posts.

Bottom line...VW is a...."feature" (or gimmick) depending on how you choose look at it.

I've also threatened, several times, to invent an e-cig with a color gradient dial...NO NUMBERS. Turn toward RED to make it hotter and BLUE to make it cooler.

Seriously. All this stuff is interesting. The basic V*V / R equation is all you really need to know for the math. But in the end, with device differences including carto/coil differences....

YOU ADJUST IT UNTIL IT WORKS PROPERLY. That's all.

VW claims to do that for you. But all watts are not the same on all coils and with all juices. So just adjust it until it works and vape your head off.

:2c:

/rant :)

neoblitz

Feb 21, 2013
Malaysia
OMG.

I've done more that my share of mathematical e-cig posts.

Bottom line...VW is a...."feature" (or gimmick) depending on how you choose look at it.

I've also threatened, several times, to invent an e-cig with a color gradient dial...NO NUMBERS. Turn toward RED to make it hotter and BLUE to make it cooler.

Seriously. All this stuff is interesting. The basic V*V / R equation is all you really need to know for the math. But in the end, with device differences including carto/coil differences....

YOU ADJUST IT UNTIL IT WORKS PROPERLY. That's all.

VW claims to do that for you. But all watts are not the same on all coils and with all juices. So just adjust it until it works and vape your head off.

:2c:

/rant :)
Point taken! .. will do that.. today I just sold off my ego v2 * that was VV only between 3 - 3.7 - 4v *

I should get the VAMO by next week .. let there be some light :p till then .. stock ego-C batteries and UDCT tanks.. looks ugly tho haha..

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
The more common issues are:

A) Amp ratings for a device. Make sure you can get enough amps (This is important only if you use dual-coil stuff....and many NEVER do...and hate em.)
B) Device construction and how well it holds up
C) Having a multimeter to check actual ohms if the device doesn't tell you (and a MM is handy for lots of stuff around the house).
D) Juice viscosity. Too thick and it won't wick and it burns and then people get confused and think it's a voltage issue or something.

I can make an e-cig with some batteries, gusto, and 2 wires. But....it helps to know the ohms/voltage theory to get into the ballpark. VV is fine. I"m an e-cig old fart. "I remember the days...." we didn't have VV let alone VW. lol.

EDIT:

Repeat this to yourself:
"Heat = voltage squared divided by ohms...Heat = voltage squared divided by ohms...Heat = voltage squared divided by ohms...Heat = voltage squared divided by ohms...Heat = voltage squared divided by ohms"
Then you don't have to carry around a chart or some such. That's the watts calc. If you have a device that shows you the watts....then you can avoid the math. Meh.

Last edited:

Disconnect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2013
Washington DC
Most of clearomizers I have is mostly 1.8ohms.. almost all of them.. and i have one UDCT and one DCT tank.. both are dual coil, 1.5ohms .. i gotta be careful with those..

Bro any supplier you know .. that is selling VVV Tanks with sideload? :) thanks btw!

You don't have to be too careful - they are going to prove almost impossible to blow up.

As far as VVV tanks, the only place to get them is from him. (The other vendor that had actual VVVs stopped carrying them and is making knock-offs of their own instead. Something that, at least personally, strongly discourages me from ever giving them any of my money.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread