• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vary Vary Vary UnHappy JB Owener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gesagen

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Massachusetts
Sorry to hear that SNM. Got mine on March 4th and now the light & atty go out every 2 seconds. The way it's wired, in parallel, leaves me to believe that the atty is shorting out, otherwise the light would still stay on, and the atty not heat up. Luckily the circuit in the battery is doing it's job and shutting down power upon detecting a short. I'm assuming this is whats happening and if anyone knows different, please chime in.
This would not be a pretty picture if protected batteries were not used. Am I being a little too paranoid here?
The more I think of it, how can the atty be shorting out? It's just a heating element right? I can see the battery cutting out when it's almost in need of charge, but it's doing it with a fully charged (4.19v) battery.
SNM, what was the turn around time for you to get a replacement from Carlos? Left a msg for him Sunday, and still no reply. Why do I feel like it's gonna be weeks till it's working again. Back to my trusty 510 again...

Gesagen

SNM

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
Sorry to hear that SNM. Got mine on March 4th and now the light & atty go out every 2 seconds. The way it's wired, in parallel, leaves me to believe that the atty is shorting out, otherwise the light would still stay on, and the atty not heat up. Luckily the circuit in the battery is doing it's job and shutting down power upon detecting a short. I'm assuming this is whats happening and if anyone knows different, please chime in.
This would not be a pretty picture if protected batteries were not used. Am I being a little too paranoid here?
The more I think of it, how can the atty be shorting out? It's just a heating element right? I can see the battery cutting out when it's almost in need of charge, but it's doing it with a fully charged (4.19v) battery.
SNM, what was the turn around time for you to get a replacement from Carlos? Left a msg for him Sunday, and still no reply. Why do I feel like it's gonna be weeks till it's working again. Back to my trusty 510 again...

Gesagen

Well the latest bad one has been over a month and it still dosent work. I think I will try to fix it myself. As I have had little luck getting ahold of carlos. If I unplug the atty the light stays on. Yhis leads me to belive it is a problem with the atty.

Gesagen

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Massachusetts
Well the latest bad one has been over a month and it still dosent work. I think I will try to fix it myself. As I have had little luck getting ahold of carlos. If I unplug the atty the light stays on. Yhis leads me to belive it is a problem with the atty.

Yup, same with mine. I thought "these attys" were the ones lasting 6 months or so without failing? Hmmmm.... Guess not, huh? Did yours have the off white jb weld or whatever on it? Were these during the time of the canned juice box slave and were never checked?

Gesagen

chuckie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2009
miami fl USA
did the same thing,on for a second than off,no heat no sizzle sound. I checked all the connections w/a multimeter,all of 'em read 4.1 except the red wire under the epoxy(I couldn't get to it).I expect that's where the problem is.
I e-mailed Carlos,20 mins later I had a reply. He said send it back and he'd gladly take of it.I did so.
Before I sent it back I tried it @ 6v and the light stayed lit but no heat,probably because the cr2's are unprotected.
In the mean time I built this to tide me over (see avatar)

When i get the Juicebox back, I'll post again
Good luck all

Last edited:

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Mine got sent back today due to a crack in the epoxy that caused a juice leak and left it unvapeable.

The CJB is a relatively complex, handmade mod. Despite the atty that I loved, it does have a bunch of potential fail points that a conventional battery mod doesn't. This is my experience with the other two box mods that I've tried so far.

For this reason alone, I think a box mod should always be a secondary vape, or that you should always have a trusty 1st or 2nd gen PV handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread