Vector Variable Volt just arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnypanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Arlington, VA
First off I want to thank Tim at vapor beast for his customer service. I ordered this on Tuesday afternoon and it was here today when I got home. He also sent a couple personal emails thanking me and answered a question. Looking forward to trying this Holy Grail as well.

I took my Vivi Nova off of my Twist and put in on and immediately noticed a difference, do these things run a bit hot? I do not have a multi-meter. Have a 1.8 ohm head in the Nova and I'm reading 2 ohms so I set the voltage at 3.7 and it is doing a lot more than the Twist was. So far, so good, hoping I don't run into any problems.

Any owners out there have thoughts about this PV? I received the black model, which seems to be a little different from the chrome in that there is no drip well. Is the chrome bigger?

Kevin King

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2012
PA
the vector vv was my very first variablr voltage mod. i liked it, but quickly developed a need to get something alot smaller. it was way to big to fit in my pocket while at work. it definately gives a good vape, just not for everyone considering the size. i got some joye twists after i sold my lavatube, then soon after that a black provari mini. wen i got my mini, i instantly thought "this is the PERFECT size for me". been very satisfied since

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
First off I want to thank Tim at Vapor Beast for his customer service. I ordered this on Tuesday afternoon and it was here today when I got home. He also sent a couple personal emails thanking me and answered a question. Looking forward to trying this Holy Grail as well.

I took my Vivi Nova off of my Twist and put in on and immediately noticed a difference, do these things run a bit hot? I do not have a multi-meter. Have a 1.8 ohm head in the Nova and I'm reading 2 ohms so I set the voltage at 3.7 and it is doing a lot more than the Twist was. So far, so good, hoping I don't run into any problems.

Any owners out there have thoughts about this PV? I received the black model, which seems to be a little different from the chrome in that there is no drip well. Is the chrome bigger?

I don't know if it's a lot more, but it should definitely provide more consistent power, delivering a better vape.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
So what I'm getting is that you like the Vector and you like the power.

You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer guy than Tim. He's REALLY dedicated to his customer service. We've talked a lot about what lengths he goes to. You have no idea, the dude really is a beast - the shop is appropriately named. Vendors like that should be rewarded with our money, not a few others I'm not going to name who are full of jerks who could care less about you once they get your money. Plus he offers free shipping on any size order. WHO DOES THAT? That's just win. Support Vaporbeast.

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
I got my VVV 2 or 3 weeks back. Compared to my vision 510 battery, yes it does seem to run hot. I did put a voltmeter on it, and the VVV held its voltage better than the 510 battery did under load. Until you get used to what voltage works for what resistance, err on the lower side. Then inch it up until you find your 'sweet spot'. For me, each atty/carto/juice combo has its own 'sweet spot', even when they have the same ohms.

vaporbeast website had a bunch of pictures of the various models, including the full size and mini VVVs in someone's hand. That gave me the idea of the size. I debated between the two sizes, then decided I wanted the extra battery life over the compact size.

Mine is silver, and has no drip well. I get almost 1 day from a 18650 battery. As I type this, I'm running 4.4V into a 2.9ohm cartomizer, and I'm a happy vaper (and a happy vaporbeast.com customer) .

Roary

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Melissa
Thanks Bob. I need to get a meter. I just took off the Nova and put a 3 ohm carto on and and it's crackling - even at 3 volts, sounds like a campfire.
The Nova is working fine on the Twist set at 4 volts or so, but tasting burnt at 3 volts on the V.

My carto's sound the same way, a little crackling, but have had no problems with them. With the Nova, what size head are you using? The only time that I get a burnt taste is when it is not wicking fast enough.

Also if you have the V2, there is no zombie mode.

jonnypanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Arlington, VA
I believe it's the 1.5t, marketed as "Triple V". ---"New features include metal caps, battery power indicator, larger zipper case, carto ohm reader and 3 amp limit! New chip - NO - "zombie mode"

It was vaping fine with carto (3 ohm), but crackling like I have never heard before. Yesterday I had a 1.8 ohm head on the Nova because that's what I had on the Twist when I got home. Sure, this is the lowest res head, but it was just a much hotter vape, even at very low voltage. I think I'm figuring it out and doing more reading about PWM has been helpful.

Currently vaping between 3.6 and 4V with the 2.8 head on the Nova. Seems super low, but it works. Have you been using lower than normal voltage with yours?

Roary

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Melissa
That's the exact same one I have, and it is the 2.0 Young June version. The carto crackling is normal, you are just hearing it because there is nothing around it to mute the sound. I had it on my SB at 6v. I normally run a 2.4 head on my VVV at about 4-4.8 volts. But depending on the juice I may turn it down more as it might taste better at a lower voltage.

Thicker juices imho, seem to work better on the 1.8-2.4 heads on the Nova's. Just the wicking seems to be a little better. Thinner juices work fine on all the heads. But of course, you have to modify the voltage depending on which you use so that you stay within the wattage (heat) area that you enjoy vaping.

I believe it's the 1.5t, marketed as "Triple V". ---"New features include metal caps, battery power indicator, larger zipper case, carto ohm reader and 3 amp limit! New chip - NO - "zombie mode"

It was vaping fine with carto (3 ohm), but crackling like I have never heard before. Yesterday I had a 1.8 ohm head on the Nova because that's what I had on the Twist when I got home. Sure, this is the lowest res head, but it was just a much hotter vape, even at very low voltage. I think I'm figuring it out and doing more reading about PWM has been helpful.

Currently vaping between 3.6 and 4V with the 2.8 head on the Nova. Seems super low, but it works. Have you been using lower than normal voltage with yours?

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
Also if you have the V2, there is no zombie mode.

Just went back to the page I ordered from....seems the 'silver' model does *not* claim 'New Chip', only the black one does. My silver one *does* have a zombie mode.

Roary

Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Melissa
My apologies BikerBob, I thought all the ones he had in stock were the v2.0. I made the mistake at first thinking that the black would have the same drip well that the chrome one does, but I realized my mistake when I received it. I think we all get a little bit mistaken from time to time because of all the sites selling all these different knock-off's and what not while we are trying to research the best deals and get the best bang for our buck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread