venting bad advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
Battery wrap ends should be checked every time a cell is installed or removed, or put on a charger. All it takes is a crack or a little wear that allows a short at the positive end. Whether the cell will short at that point depends on the design of the contacts on the device.
Dave is absolutely correct, I check every battery I change coming out of a mod and coming off the charger. Only buy battery's from a reputable source and please follow all advice given here.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've had a couple of 18650's that hit the floor in a mod. Both created a deep dimple in the positive battery terminal. It's hard to really see how close the can is to the positive contact in a mod, but I can see battery meltdown if the outer part does manage to touch part of the positive terminal when its in a mod. I wrap suspects in tape and discard.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
OP hasn't been back since he posted...:shock:

Pfffft I thought that this one was genuine, would seem to be "well written" (relatively) anti-vaping spam then, "look out parents your kids are going to explode etc". So we can file this with the infamous "plastic coated teeth" and other gems we have had here ....

• Agree
Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread