The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

venting bad advice

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by Siacri6x, Nov 19, 2019.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Georgia Boy

Georgia Boy Super Member

Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Dave is absolutely correct, I check every battery I change coming out of a mod and coming off the charger. Only buy battery's from a reputable source and please follow all advice given here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I've had a couple of 18650's that hit the floor in a mod. Both created a deep dimple in the positive battery terminal. It's hard to really see how close the can is to the positive contact in a mod, but I can see battery meltdown if the outer part does manage to touch part of the positive terminal when its in a mod. I wrap suspects in tape and discard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. vaper1960

vaper1960 Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I read the title and thought you meant emotional venting LOL
    Like someone gave you bad advice... ironically in a way they did.
    You got lucky... very lucky! Injury to yourself, others, fire. Lessen learned (l hope)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    OP hasn't been back since he posted...:shock:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. stratus.vaping

stratus.vaping Super Member ECF Veteran

Pfffft I thought that this one was genuine, would seem to be "well written" (relatively) anti-vaping spam then, "look out parents your kids are going to explode etc". So we can file this with the infamous "plastic coated teeth" and other gems we have had here ....

• Agree Agree x 1