Venus Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

brekehan

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Bought 2 from a local store for $20.50 each.

After some research, I found this is very similar to the Vision Eternity Rebuildable Atomizer. So, much so that I thought that was what it was and named this thread after it! I don't see a way to edit the thread subject :/ Please advice!

The only difference I can see is the number of holes. There are some complaints that this one is more fragile when rebuilding, on Youtube.

I had hopes for it, as I have not been able to find any Ego type device that would get along with my favorite juice, Tasty Vapor's Blueberry Cheesecake. The juice is a little thick and everything I've tried burns up quickly as the juice has trouble getting to the coils on any atomizer I try.

Well, it tasted just grand with this atomizer....for one day.
I've had disposable Joyetech atomizer cones that last longer than that, with this juice, and they are 1/4th the price.

I am very disappointed. $41 for 2 days of vaping?!

It doesn't seem proper that I should rebuild it after 1 day, so I am letting it sit in some alcohol for cleaning and am going to see if it comes back to life.

When I took it apart, I can see that there is quite a bit of burnt gunk built up on top of the atomizer portion. During the one day that it worked, it didn't dry hit, and everything seemed fine. It just stopped producing vapor suddenly towards the evening.

If anyone else has had experience with these, please do post your experience. I did a forum search and only see these mentioned at all under a few suppliers.

I'd like to try it with thinner juice and see how it behaves. This juice I am using seems to be an atomizer killer....but it tastes so good when it works :/ At any rate, all the devices I've tried to date lasted longer than the Venus Rebuildable Atomizer, so I figured I'd write that up.

I'll edit this post after the cleaning is done.

EDIT - Rebuilding Experience
So, I took the atomizer out of my bowl of iso prop alchohol. It's been 24 hours it has been soaking. The bowl was black. I can now see what is going on in side. I literally have burned char in the spike, the wicks crumple in my fingers and fell apart they were so charred. I scraped a small pile of black soot off the atomizer and onto a napkin. There is no saving it.

Alright, no problem! This thing is rebuildable right? Ha!

I take the wick and coil off the posts. It immediately falls apart. I took a picture of the black mess with my cell phone. Will post when TMobile decides to send it 4 feet to my computer.

I take a prewound wick and coil out of the tin, insert the wire through the fastener. Crap! The wire making up the coil snaps off on one end and I don't have enough to feed to the post anymore.

No problem! It came with 2! Ha!

I manage to get the second on without breaking the wire this time. I turn out the lights and hook it up to a battery so I can see if the glow is even. Nope! one circlet is glowing and the rest are dim. So I fiddle with a screw driver to space out the coils and make sure each end of the wire is cleanly being fed to the fasteners on each side. I manage to get a dim glow spread throughout after about 15 mins of tinkering.

Now I go to screw the thing back together. Well the wick is too long and won't fit inside. So a tiny snip here and a tiny snip there and I stuff it inside. As I am stuffing it inside, I am holding the wick between my thumb and forefinger. I guess that was too much friction! One of the three strands that make up the wick breaks off like lint from a sweater.

Rebuilding? I think not. This thing is a piece of terd.

EDIT: Was it the juice?
So, I take the second atomizer, rebuild it without breaking anything through some miracle.

Now, I want to see if my juice was the problem. So I take some EcigMonkey's Choconana which I've been vaping deliciously through my CE6 all day and drip it in.

I take a vape. Then I take a vape on my CE6.

We have vapor...but it taste...I don't taste anything!
Then I toot my CE6. Back and forth we go!
Nope no taste. I taste air. Did I drip enough? I put more drops in until the total is 35.
Toot....
the thing has about 1/10th the taste that the CE6 did.

Overall Summary: This thing is the biggest waste of $40 I've made all month.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread