Veritas Mech Build - question

Status
Not open for further replies.

whosrandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Hello,

I recently got the Magma and Veritas clones from FT and loving them. Absolute steals - both extremely well made. Anyways, I am really liking my Magma at around .65 ohms on a Mech and tossed a .7-.8 ohm build on my Veritas. The Veritas vape was far too cool and weak. So, I popped it on my IPv2 and enjoy it at the following settings:

25-30 watts, 4.9v, 0.7 ohms according to my IPv2. How can I build this on a mech to achieve similar results? Thanks!

Lova

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2014
Finland
A mechanical mods power, wattage, and the temperature of the vapor relies on 3 things:

1. Battery voltage, most if not all batteries used in mechanicals charge up to 4.2v and usually run down to 3.5v and then recharged.

2. Surface area of the coil, more surface area=larger vaporization area and more heat

3. Resistance of the coil, lower ohms = more vapor but requires more power.

Also, what batteries do you use in your mechanical?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Use any of the available online Ohm's Law calculators to do the math. I use this one:

Watts - volts - amps - ohms conversion calculator

Enter your voltage and resistance to determine how much power you are making and how much current is being drawn from the battery.

With a freshly charged battery and a .7ohm build in your Veritas, you'll be making about 25W as shown below. This does not account for voltage drop.

1I694Vb.png

For the sake of argument, let's assume .5V of voltage drop. You are now pushing about 19.5W.

ZXMXi3q.png

I'd try a .4-.5 build and see how that works for you. With the batteries you are using those resistances will be no problem. Even a .25ohm build on a full charge (and assuming no voltage drop) is only going to pull ~17A out of the battery.

wshanncap

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Ohio, USA
So, according to the calculator, that's 6 amps output. Does that mean with a 3.7v output (on mech), a .6 ohm resistance will result in similar power? 6.17 Amps but only 22.82 watts. Is this the same? Or do I need the wattage to be the same?

Ohms Law calc

3.7 v @ 0.6 ohm = 6.17 amps @ 22.82 watts

Mikey6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2013
Bakersfield, CA, USA
The wattage output is going to give you the vapor, flavor, and throat hit and is how we generally measure coils (and many other resistor based circuits in life). To get the same vape quality, match the watts. The amps are telling us how much current is closing and realistically how much stress is being put on the batteries. That stress is what heats up the battery and can cause a vent. I hope that helps at least a little bit. There is so much more information out there, but I don't know what you want to know about what.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread