Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions on the Veritas RDA

1- I am planning on building only 1 coil build. I see people building the coils with spaces between them instead of micro. Is there an advantege?

2- If I was to build 2 coils and wanted 1.5ohms, how does that work? Not sure if this means I build each one at around 0.75ohms to equal 1.5ohm?

3- I have seen 2 kinds of cotton wicking. Some will wick the whole well and others only the coils and around the positive. Is one type of wicking better?

Thank you

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hi everyone,

1- I am planning on building only 1 coil build. I see people building the coils with spaces between them instead of micro. Is there an advantege?
when built like the "2 minute build" video shows, the coils are not exactly compressed, or very tidy for that matter. There are better ways... but slower.

2- If I was to build 2 coils and wanted 1.5ohms, how does that work? Not sure if this means I build each one at around 0.75ohms to equal 1.5ohm?
1.5Ω net would require two 3.0Ω coils... not the best use of a Veritas, IMO. I have 3.

3- I have seen 2 kinds of cotton wicking. Some will wick the whole well and others only the coils and around the positive. Is one type of wicking better?
With minimal wicking, the "free" juice may drain out if the atty is turned upside down. The internal design makes it very difficult for it to drain out any other way.

Thank you
Sure N2V. ;-)

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Hi everyone,

1- I am planning on building only 1 coil build. I see people building the coils with spaces between them instead of micro. Is there an advantage? Not really. I prefer micro coils but you can run it with regular coils as well if you wish....

2- If I was to build 2 coils and wanted 1.5ohms, how does that work? Not sure if this means I build each one at around 0.75ohms to equal 1.5ohm? No. You'll want to build two 3.0 Ohm coils. Then, when you run them in parallel the resistance will be half....

3- I have seen 2 kinds of cotton wicking. Some will wick the whole well and others only the coils and around the positive. Is one type of wicking better? I usually build the Veritas with vertical dual coils. I will extend the bottom of the wick down into the juice well, and I leave the top of the wick long....I then take the top of the wick and fold it over and tuck it down into the juice wells next to each coil. If I can post a pic of my build I will.....

Thank you

See my answers above....

EDIT...Oops, just saw State O' FLux's response above!! :facepalm:

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks everyone. I guess what I gather Flux is that I should stay with a single coil of 1.5ohms instead of building 2 3.0ohm coils to create the 1.5.

If 1.5Ω is the desired resistance... then yeah, I'd do a single in 28 gauge (10 wrap) rather than a couple of duals from 31 or 32 gauge... but then, I'm not a big fan of thin wire, so a bit of a personal preference.
The Veritas runs best (for me at least, cause I've done my deep sub-ohm phase - thank you ;-)) at 0.6Ω with 27 gauge dual 10 wraps from a single wire.

Addendum: Here's a crappy shot of a single/dual, 0.6Ω (net) 10 wrap 27 gauge... ready to go.

10422293_365171216970226_1026835251359611591_n.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread