Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
26g parallel, 2.5mmID, 6/5, .4ohms. DELICIOUS
d4dac3e5285a20201dd5ea304fb8f99c.jpg
a5595199dc30eff26043a4692749dfb4.jpg
c02d5f3ffaad96130081ef7f05d9cba7.jpg

Ya buddy, ;)
After having mine sitting for a while collecting dust I tried this and it rocks. I did a 3mm though.
Flat out got nic`d up it taste so good. :?)

Reactions: Tagi

Never Lift

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
westchester NY
That's some be-u=ti-ful coils there folks. Shows that it can be done.

On another note, I've stripped the top of the center pin on my 1/1 clone. Anyone know where to get a replacement by any chance?
Unless the whole top is stripped you should be able to add some washers to get it to work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JD1

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Unless the whole top is stripped you should be able to add some washers to get it to work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yeal, I've got just a few left at the top and I do have it going that way but would like to find a replacement. If I could find some thin washers that would help with the hassle of spacing as well.

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
View attachment 519933 I have the Veritas. After building on it a bit I liked it but found that I did not enjoy the airflow on it. I slotted out four air slots in the logo side and now it gives excellent flavor and great vapor production. It doesn't look the best but I'm not exactly for form over function.
Haha lol :) looks like shiite but if it works for you :) ...It IS a tight draw but a wider bore 510 DT helps a bit, and a VLS/JayBo Comp Cap works too (for about $15.00), fits loose, but massive air and it works on some other attys also. -Hey! Whatever works !!!

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
To be honest I think I prefer naked wire in this atty.

I have found the same thing with some RDAs: Veritas, Origen, Ology and a few others that I have used do not vape very well with claptons. The only reason I can come up with is that it may be too much heat for such a small chamber. Claptons usually work best for RDAs with more airflow and average to larger sized chambers IMO.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Just joining the convo with my first build in the veritas clone I received yesterday. So far it has been a pita, but was able to get my 2nd build to work. The first attempt was with 26 g nichrome but the dang beg screws wouldn't hold the wire down. Bumped to 28 g nichrome, vertical dualies 2.4 mm ID and 5 wraps = .4ish ohm and wow, this thing hits great! I Started with the air intake at the back and it gave me a cottony taste but flipped the top cap around so the air makes direct contact to the coils and boom, taste and cloud explosions!
Go easy on me, this ain't pretty but they fire evenly and vape very well:
image.jpeg

Reactions: Bronze
Just joining the convo with my first build in the veritas clone I received yesterday. So far it has been a pita, but was able to get my 2nd build to work. The first attempt was with 26 g nichrome but the dang beg screws wouldn't hold the wire down. Bumped to 28 g nichrome, vertical dualies 2.4 mm ID and 5 wraps = .4ish ohm and wow, this thing hits great! I Started with the air intake at the back and it gave me a cottony taste but flipped the top cap around so the air makes direct contact to the coils and boom, taste and cloud explosions!
Go easy on me, this ain't pretty but they fire evenly and vape very well:
View attachment 522741

Nothing wrong with that build. The veritas can definitely be a challenge to build on but once you get the hang of it it'll quickly become one of your favorite rda's, especially when it comes to flavor

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Nothing wrong with that build. The veritas can definitely be a challenge to build on but once you get the hang of it it'll quickly become one of your favorite rda's, especially when it comes to flavor
So far the flavor is outstanding. I def see this being a favorite and will probably end up with an authentic. The $7 clone performs this well I can only imagine what an authentic will be like. I'm digging this thing so much that I'll be going back through my juice hoard to see what I've been missing!

Reactions: Bronze

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I built a better coil and this rda just got 5-10x better. Just messing around with some twisted wire in my build box. I saw @Lyons238 post and build pics on the authentic veritas thread, thanks btw, and mimicked it. 3.5 mm ID, 4 wraps, Outer wick, top notch flavor & clouds @ .93 ohm:
image.jpeg

I'm normally at a more "suber" ohm vaper, so going to some slightly thicker twisted wires next. Hello new favorite atty:wub:

Reactions: JD1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread