The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

RDA Veritas rda

Discussion in 'RDA' started by dmska, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tagi

Tagi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 26, 2014
    Dallas Texas
    Nice to see another shimmer to make it work.

I have taken a couple puffs like that but it bypasses the anti leakyness. I have also used my Ology top cap on it. It was nice but the same thing.

2. kformeck

kformeck Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2015
    Still loving this thing; if anyone has an authentic they'd like to sell, I'd gladly buy another :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. VHRB2014

VHRB2014 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    Ya buddy, ;)
    After having mine sitting for a while collecting dust I tried this and it rocks. I did a 3mm though.
    Flat out got nic`d up it taste so good. :?)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Never Lift

Never Lift Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    westchester NY
    Veritas was my favorite Atty for along time, it still is in my rotation buy was delighted to 30watt stealth high nic duty. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  5. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    That's some be-u=ti-ful coils there folks. Shows that it can be done.

On another note, I've stripped the top of the center pin on my 1/1 clone. Anyone know where to get a replacement by any chance?

6. Never Lift

Never Lift Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    westchester NY
    Unless the whole top is stripped you should be able to add some washers to get it to work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Or find a die and clean up the threads.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    Yeal, I've got just a few left at the top and I do have it going that way but would like to find a replacement. If I could find some thin washers that would help with the hassle of spacing as well.

9. Cloudspitter

Cloudspitter Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Rural Virginia
    20160103_170921-1-1.jpg I have the Veritas. After building on it a bit I liked it but found that I did not enjoy the airflow on it. I slotted out four air slots in the logo side and now it gives excellent flavor and great vapor production. It doesn't look the best but I'm not exactly for form over function.

• Like Like x 1
  10. izen

izen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2013
    Northeast
    Haha lol :) looks like shiite but if it works for you :) ...It IS a tight draw but a wider bore 510 DT helps a bit, and a VLS/JayBo Comp Cap works too (for about $15.00), fits loose, but massive air and it works on some other attys also. -Hey! Whatever works !!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nikea Tiber

Nikea Tiber Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2015
    All coiled up and ready for a wick. This is 32/26 kanthal clapton. To be honest I think I prefer naked wire in this atty.

IMG_20160103_201141.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. kformeck

kformeck Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2015
    I have found the same thing with some RDAs: Veritas, Origen, Ology and a few others that I have used do not vape very well with claptons. The only reason I can come up with is that it may be too much heat for such a small chamber. Claptons usually work best for RDAs with more airflow and average to larger sized chambers IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nikea Tiber

Nikea Tiber Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2015
    I agree about the small chamber size not being the ideal environment for a clapton. I feel the additional reaction/ramp-up time the clapton has because of its additional mass is also counter-productive given the airflow and aforementioned small chamber size.
    I might change my opinion once I get some more guages of ss wire.

14. LilWhiteClouder

LilWhiteClouder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    Just joining the convo with my first build in the veritas clone I received yesterday. So far it has been a pita, but was able to get my 2nd build to work. The first attempt was with 26 g nichrome but the dang beg screws wouldn't hold the wire down. Bumped to 28 g nichrome, vertical dualies 2.4 mm ID and 5 wraps = .4ish ohm and wow, this thing hits great! I Started with the air intake at the back and it gave me a cottony taste but flipped the top cap around so the air makes direct contact to the coils and boom, taste and cloud explosions!
    Go easy on me, this ain't pretty but they fire evenly and vape very well:
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cloudspitter

Cloudspitter Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Rural Virginia
    Nothing wrong with that build. The veritas can definitely be a challenge to build on but once you get the hang of it it'll quickly become one of your favorite rda's, especially when it comes to flavor

• Like Like x 2
  16. LilWhiteClouder

Apr 1, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    So far the flavor is outstanding. I def see this being a favorite and will probably end up with an authentic. The $7 clone performs this well I can only imagine what an authentic will be like. I'm digging this thing so much that I'll be going back through my juice hoard to see what I've been missing!

• Like Like x 1
  17. LilWhiteClouder

Apr 1, 2015
    Raleigh, NC
    I built a better coil and this rda just got 5-10x better. Just messing around with some twisted wire in my build box. I saw @Lyons238 post and build pics on the authentic veritas thread, thanks btw, and mimicked it. 3.5 mm ID, 4 wraps, Outer wick, top notch flavor & clouds @ .93 ohm:
    image.jpeg
    I'm normally at a more "suber" ohm vaper, so going to some slightly thicker twisted wires next. Hello new favorite atty:wub:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.