Vermont -- H. 747 would ban online sales to non-retailers -- $5,000 fine per violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I operate under the idea that ANY restriction (other than perhaps underage sales) is unacceptable...

Sure, I may be fine with my situation as it stands now.
And I may have backup plans should things change in a way that affects me.

But this isn't all about me.
This is about every one of us, no matter their circumstance.

And this is about those out there who aren't us yet, and may never be if the powers that be make it so.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I still can't see how the FDA can prohibit the sale of the hardware without nicotine. I personally can live without nicotine, I just like the taste and can get my nicotine from other smokeless products if they try to go there. I compare the PV to a modern day pipe and you can't do anything with a pipe other than smoke.

tumbafox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
bellerose NY
Its interesting that pipes are tobacco devices, yet their sale is legal on the internet, but their industry is as scared as ours. Perhaps hardware and accessories will be spared the hatchet. After all, a MOD without an atomizer could be used to power a flashlight with replaceable torch heads (CREE devices). That would make the MOD a multipurpose device. Its an interesting concept. All you need is a light bulb with 510 threads. I use my 18650 in the torches I buy from China from companies like Price Angels. They are intensely powerful.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Its interesting that pipes are tobacco devices, yet their sale is legal on the internet, but their industry is as scared as ours. Perhaps hardware and accessories will be spared the hatchet. After all, a MOD without an atomizer could be used to power a flashlight with replaceable torch heads (CREE devices). That would make the MOD a multipurpose device. Its an interesting concept. All you need is a light bulb with 510 threads. I use my 18650 in the torches I buy from China from companies like Price Angels. They are intensely powerful.

I always wanted a variable voltage flashlight where I could adjust the intensity of light output. :p

OT, I played CREE for years, back to the days when the brothers were having issues. Made a lot of money buying in single digits into the high teens. The last time I sold it never came back down. Still waiting, might for the rest of my life. :unsure:

tamarahvt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Springfield, VT
Now this is what I like seeing, someone with only 40 posts since 2009 being involved behind the scenes.
I can't tell you how heartening it is for me to see that.

Sometimes it feels like there are only about 20 of us who care enough to get involved.
But someone like you and pdwallace (7 posts since June) show me that there are more people out there than it seems.

And by the way, thank you attending the hearing!
:)

There are more. I am a Vermont Vapor customer who saw the contact list and sent emails. Since I am just seeing this post now I'm guessing there were others involved who didn't happen to sign in here at the time.

VapRVixN

Feb 7, 2012
USA
Yeah, I messaged all the people on the list, with a very wordy email telling them in polite terms how stupid and greedy the state of Vermont is for it's tax regulations. That's all this was about. Sin taxes. They want to tax e-cigs just like they tax tobacco. That was the whole reason for the "no shipping into the state from online for tobacco" laws, because they weren't getting the taxes. There were a lot of Vermonters that I knew who ordered cigs online a few years ago, before this bill was enacted. There was a whole group of people in town who ordered large quantities all together of cigarettes online. Once they passed this bill they started busting people left and right for tax evading and added the fines from the bill onto it.

I pointed out in my email, that it would be impossible for them to ban all e-cig products, as most of it is used in other areas, like DIY jucies the PG and VG will still be able to be ordered and they can't stop that with this bill. The only thing the might be able to stop would be the unflavored nicotine, and then really how would they know when it's shipped in a plain brown box. All the flavors are used for cooking. The mods...well people can still order all the pieces and parts to mods and make their own. And as for the attys and cartos...online is pretty much the only way to order those, so they are effectively preventing people from quitting smoking, which the state of Vermont claims to be pushing that agenda.

I was just at the Hospital with my son and every single person that worked there asked if we were smokers. And proceeded to demonize smoking to my son, "Never, ever smoke." they'd say. I finally got irritated with this and said to one of the nurses, "Did you ever stop to think that repetitively telling a kid 'not' to do something in such a way will eventually lead to the rebellious attitude of doing it to spite everyone? Please leave him alone with your demands. He's my child." She got very offended by this,but I didn't give a .....

The government of Vermont doesn't want people to quit smoking. The got money from the Tobacco settlement. They are assraping the people of vermont with their ridiculous tobacco taxes...which is really a tax more on poor people, because demographically, poorer people smoke more than people who have excess monthly money. If people quit smoking and turn to E-cigs then they are looking millions in tax money and they will have to tax e-cigs the same way just to make that loss up. That's what this is about. The state is broke. Just like most of the other states of in the country.

This amendment to the tobacco bill will come around again, or an outright tax bill will be written to tax e-cigs. That's just how Vermont is. The more of us who switch and stop paying their sin tax, the more likely it will be that they will try to ban and tax e-cigs so that they can recover their lost revenue. It's all about money. It has nothing to do with health or safety. Even with the Federal government it's all about tax money and has nothing to do with health of the citizens, because if it was, then the FDA wouldn't rush approve half the prescription drugs it does, that ten years later you see class action lawsuits for damages caused by these drugs. It's all a load of ......... And I'm sick of subscribing to their dictatorship laws and propaganda. Vaping is like flipping all of them the bird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread