Status
Not open for further replies.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Back in DEC i went in for a check up, had a chest xray and blood tests. The Xray showed COPD and some anomalies so I had to have a CT scan. Did that a couple of weeks ago the verdict came today. NO CANCER just some weird things I believe he called them Glass spots ???. So I asked if something needed to be done he said no. The COPD was no surprise since I have had Pneumonia twice as a kid and Viral Bronchitis more times than i remember. But to me it's damn good news.
Meanwhile in my circle of friends we keep converting folks from tobacco to vapor. We have some diehard holdouts but slowly we are wearing down some 1 at a time.
Thanks to all for the support and help.

Funny story. A few of us were out and on who is a die hard vaper now was acting weird. Kept looking through her purse saying something about losing something. I thought she lost a pen gave her mine but she said, "No I'm jonesing for my vape I lost it". Loaned her a spare but she was like still upset so 3 of the 5 went out to search her car and we found it under the seat. Then she was OK and we returned to the group. LOL Two lessons have a spare for you and have one for someone else who is jonesing for a vape. Always have a flashlight so you can look for that lost PV. LOL

bobbybilly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Chicago
Very nice to hear that your health is doing good. Granted I don't know you but as somebody with emphysema I can understand where you're coming from. Just out of curiousity did you mention to your doc that you were vaping and if so I'd be interested in reading the docs feelings on the subject. Not trying to be nosey, but I have a doctors appointment next month which will be my first one since quitting smoking and switching to vaping. If that's too personal feel free to not answer since I don't want to pressure anybody to say more than they are comfortable with. Congrats on the good news at the docs and happy vaping!

kmk

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2011
Streator, IL
I went to the doc (CNP actually) last week, and she asked if I still smoked. When I told her I had dropped from 2 packs a day to less than a half a pack she wanted to know how I did it. (I've smoked for 35 years, and she knows it). I pulled out my Kgo and handed it to her. She looked it over and said she had heard of ecigs before, but it was the first time she had ever seen one. She said she had a number of patients that could benefit from using one. I gave her info on ECF and she said she would check it out.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Very nice to hear that your health is doing good. Granted I don't know you but as somebody with emphysema I can understand where you're coming from. Just out of curiousity did you mention to your doc that you were vaping and if so I'd be interested in reading the docs feelings on the subject. Not trying to be nosey, but I have a doctors appointment next month which will be my first one since quitting smoking and switching to vaping. If that's too personal feel free to not answer since I don't want to pressure anybody to say more than they are comfortable with. Congrats on the good news at the docs and happy vaping!

Yea two visits ago. He said "GOOD that works"!

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Congrats. My grandma had COPD, and could never kick the smoking habit. She died a couple years ago, related to the COPD, that was part of my motivation to try to quit. I've read, I'm not sure if it's true that poeple with lung conditions can vape, and not inhale and still get the nic, flavor, and some of the feeling of smoking, which seems to be a large part of the addiction to me. Anyways, again congrats.

HippieHermit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Vaporland
I'm happy for your good news...what a relief! I've been there with lung issues (bilateral pulmonary granuloma, from inhaling contaminated sand) and I know the anticipation of doctor news. Whew! My doc was happy to learn I switched to vaping and quit smoking. Although the doc didn't know much about e-cigs, he said he hadn't heard anything bad about them. I think more docs should research it and inform themselves, maybe recommend to patients...
Rx: E-cig
Directions: 1 puff as needed up to 1,500 times a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread