Very muted flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I'm currently having issues with this product and have bought the following 33% vg, 24mg bottles

Strawberry Ice
Perfect Peach
Snow Day
Mister Energy

I've tried them fresh as well as after a few weeks of steeping. It tastes like mostly flavorless liquid with a faint taste of flavor. I've vaped in various tanks including a Kayfun Lite Plus, IClear 30, Mini Protank 3 and Aspire nautilus.

I also wanted to add that I did not buy these directly from Mister E, but at Wild Bills Tobacco. They promote Mister E quite heavily and mix the juices in store.

Do these have to steep longer then three weeks? Is Wild Bills doing something wrong? Because I really want to enjoy these juices. The selection is great, they are a Michigan company and the prices are much more reasonable then my Halo liquids. There certainly has to be some kind of issue here or else the reviews I've read wouldn't be so positive.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

grruss

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids
www.mister-e-liquid.com
I'm currently having issues with this product and have bought the following 33% vg, 24mg bottles

Strawberry Ice
Perfect Peach
Snow Day
Mister Energy

I've tried them fresh as well as after a few weeks of steeping. It tastes like mostly flavorless liquid with a faint taste of flavor. I've vaped in various tanks including a Kayfun Lite Plus, IClear 30, Mini Protank 3 and Aspire Nautilus.

I also wanted to add that I did not buy these directly from Mister E, but at Wild Bills Tobacco. They promote Mister E quite heavily and mix the juices in store.

Do these have to steep longer then three weeks? Is Wild Bills doing something wrong? Because I really want to enjoy these juices. The selection is great, they are a Michigan company and the prices are much more reasonable then my Halo liquids. There certainly has to be some kind of issue here or else the reviews I've read wouldn't be so positive.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

The liquid Wild Bill's buys from us is pre-mixed. It shouldn't require any additional steeping. If you buy direct from us (a Michigan-based company as well) at Premium USA E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Handcrafted USA E-Juice - Mister-E-Liquid, we mix the liquid by the bottle for you. I'm not sure what Wild Bill's could be doing, if anything. I know how they were trained when it comes to how to handle the pre-mix. I was involved in the training process. It's kind of tough because I don't know what is happening to the liquid between when it leaves our production facility and it reaches you. Does that make sense?

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Do the tanks produce flavor with other juices ? Silica or poor wicking can mute flavors quite a bit.

Otherwise sounds like someone diluted them.

Providing the color shade darkness of the juices may help misterE

A picture of the darkest one will enable them to tell you if it's right or diluted.
Well I'm not an expert at wicking my Kayfun yet but it's pretty much the same issue with my BVC coils as well.

So perhaps they are diluting them considering I wouldn't put it past them or maybe I'm not steeping correctly. Or maybe they were expired? I just bought some Halo juice from them yesterday and now that I'm looking at the bottles, they expired in October.

Hopefully this helps. Mister Energy is on the left and Perfect Peach is on the right.
dcbac88b30b311cc82f2f3cb23e91f90.jpg

Last edited:

grruss

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids
www.mister-e-liquid.com
Well I'm not an expert at wicking my Kayfun yet but it's pretty much the same issue with my BVC coils as well.

So perhaps they are diluting them considering I wouldn't put it past them or maybe I'm not steeping correctly. Or maybe they were expired? I just bought some Halo juice from them yesterday and now that I'm looking at the bottles, they expired in October.

Hopefully this helps. Mister Energy is on the left and Perfect Peach is on the right.

I actually can't tell anything by the color. How long have you had these bottles?

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I actually can't tell anything by the color. How long have you had these bottles?
I had the bottles about a month. I think I might know the issue though. I went in there a little while ago to buy a coil. Didn't have cash on me and had to spend a minimum in order to use debit. So I bought a 10ml bottle of lemon ice which was $5.

I over heard the workers talking and the bottle they had was 32mg. So it's obvious to me that they are cutting it down with a flavorless liquid which would fully explain the muted flavor.

grruss

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids
www.mister-e-liquid.com
I had the bottles about a month. I think I might know the issue though. I went in there a little while ago to buy a coil. Didn't have cash on me and had to spend a minimum in order to use debit. So I bought a 10ml bottle of lemon ice which was $5.

I over heard the workers talking and the bottle they had was 32mg. So it's obvious to me that they are cutting it down with a flavorless liquid which would fully explain the muted flavor.

Well, that's possible. If they do it like we do it in our retail locations, they cut the 32mg (full flavor) with 0mg (full flavor). They may have run out of 0mg and used a flavorless PG/VG zero nic to cut it, but, if true,that's disappointing, and doesn't reflect well on us. You know you can order direct from us at Premium USA E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Handcrafted USA E-Juice - Mister-E-Liquid and shipping is $3 flat rate, unless your order is over $50, then it's free.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Well, that's possible. If they do it like we do it in our retail locations, they cut the 32mg (full flavor) with 0mg (full flavor). They may have run out of 0mg and used a flavorless PG/VG zero nic to cut it, but, if true,that's disappointing, and doesn't reflect well on us. You know you can order direct from us at Premium USA E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Handcrafted USA E-Juice - Mister-E-Liquid and shipping is $3 flat rate, unless your order is over $50, then it's free.

Thanks for the replies and I do plan on ordering direct in the future. They don't have a lot of the flavors I want to try anyway.

If ordering direct, how long should I steep for? And how long does shipping usually take? I'm actually on the east side of the state in Roseville. Metro Detroit area.

grruss

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids
www.mister-e-liquid.com
Thanks for the replies and I do plan on ordering direct in the future. They don't have a lot of the flavors I want to try anyway.

If ordering direct, how long should I steep for? And how long does shipping usually take? I'm actually on the east side of the state in Roseville. Metro Detroit area.

There are steeping suggestions on the website. It's good right out of the mailbox, IMHO, but if you steep it 3-5 days, it gets better!

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Oberon, I've been using Mister E juices for years now and never had to steep them. They all tasted great right out of the bottle. Their RY4 is outstanding and my all day vape. I would highly suggest ordering online from them to ensure you're receiving the highest quality product. :)
I certainly will really soon once my current juice is about done. For the he'll of it, I went into a different Wild Bills to try some samples. Some seemed consistent while others didn't. But the very first flavor I tried, Apple Ice was absolutely flavorless and was just a clear base. I let somebody know, they put some in from another bottle and the flavor was there. So it's obvious that they are refilling their base liquid with flavorless liquid as they run out.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Not cool and doesn't reflect well on Mister E. But I imagine they'll take care of the issue very quickly. Luckily I work only a few minutes from one of the Mister E B&Ms so getting their juice is a breeze. But I was ordering stuff from them when Dan started out of his apartment. The quality level was good then and has only gotten better as they've grown. Don't let a secondary vendor get you down because of their practices. I assure you it isn't the norm. :)

Gerry H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2014
Michigan

I live a couple of hours NW of Grand Rapids and I receive my order the next day. I agree with the others that they are good right out of the mail, but they do get better with time. Give the bottles a good shaking once a day and store in a dark cupboard. My favorite juice, Copperhead, will begin to turn red with aging. The creamy part really comes out after a week or two. So when I get down to half of my 30 ml bottle I order more so the next one can sit for a while before I need it.

Reactions: -SMT-

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
I live a couple of hours NW of Grand Rapids and I receive my order the next day. I agree with the others that they are good right out of the mail, but they do get better with time. Give the bottles a good shaking once a day and store in a dark cupboard. My favorite juice, Copperhead, will begin to turn red with aging. The creamy part really comes out after a week or two. So when I get down to half of my 30 ml bottle I order more so the next one can sit for a while before I need it.
I'll definitely have to try that one. I just placed my first order which was a toss up between Blue Voodoo and Heartbreaker. Since its the award winner, I decided to go with the Blue Voodoo as my first one straight from Mister E.

I almost made the mistake of trying yet another from Wild Bills but as I was trying samples, I wasn't tasting much from any of them. It's just hard to pass up their coupon giving me 30ml for $10. What's the point though if I'm not enjoying it. Perhaps diluting it is how they are selling it so cheap to begin with. Especially since they are a B&M known for jacking their prices up. Not marking them down.

So if shipping is prompt, I guess I should know in a couple days and will definitely post my findings.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
So i got my order today which was extremely prompt along with a free 0 nic sample and a thank you note, hand written and personalized from Conner. Gotta love small business.

Upon trying it, its very apparent the bottle can benefit from steeping. There's definitely some flavor there in the Blue Voodoo but I really think it needs to mature. And one thing is for sure, I'm certainly not getting that harshness I got with the bottles from Wild Bills. The most recent one I bought there was Vape Nectar and it was pretty brutal.

I would hate to falsely accuse them of diluting but that flavorless sample they had of Apple Ice is definitely a sign. I know they recently switched their samples to zero nic and perhaps somebody forgot the bottle was full of flavorless base. Another thing I noticed is they don't shake their bottles prior to filling. I questioned them about this and the guy said they don't have to.

With the Blue Voodoo I just bought, I poured the tank back in the bottle and put it in a cool, dark place with the cap off. I'm thinking about 5 days from the born date, I'll try again. Is this the correct way to steep this or should I put the cap back on? I've heard many conflicting methods.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I usually steep with the cap on, maybe open it a couple times a week to "breathe" for a few minutes. I'm a bit of a clean freak and the thought of leaving anything consumable open for any period of time just doesn't sit well with me. I put juice I want to mature in a drawer so it stays out of the light and try it on a dripper every once in a while until I feel it's ready to go. But like you said, tons on opinions on steeping so YMMV. :)

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
So I'm on day 5 with the juice. Filled a small tank with some, yesterday and noticed a little improvement. Filled my iClear today and it's even better. It's still not quite there yet but I'm convinced it will be there in a couple more days. For its already better then the juice I was getting including their Blue Voodoo sample I tried last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread