Veteran of two years quick review of what I've used

Status
Not open for further replies.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
:vapor:I suppose some might call me a veteran at all of this by now as this is two years for me without real cigarettes.
I started out with the usual mini and 901 and then finally the Janty kissbox which kept me more than happy for over 12 months plus I tried the screwdriver till the switch played up and could not be bothered with the hassle of getting it replaced and then I discovered the 510 which replaced the kissbox and became more than happy with that except the battery time.

So then the Prodigy arrived wow great perfect for me till the switch went on this. Which was always replaced but I always had to wait for shipments to come in to the UK which always took a ridiculous amount of time to come which was no fault of the UK supplier and frustrating for me as I relied on this for my fix and a serious situation for us to be in without falling off the wagon.

And then I tried the Protege wow great for me for in the day till the dam switches on these started playing up having to wait for replacements yet again for these. I say it again no fault of the UK supplier.
I tried second-generation switches which proved to be more of a headache than before also I have tried all the advice there is out there and I have just had enough and so angry and annoyed at all that wasted money just lying about doing nothing.

So I have two Prodigys and two Proteges that work when they feel like after spending around £400 plus on all of this and now nowhere to go in the UK for replacements as the former supplier stopped dealing with the US supplier. If there is anybody out there to help me replace all of this for new ones please contact me as it would be much appreciated as I feel us UK customers have been left out in the cold regarding these two models.
So I and my partner needed another high volt mod so I bought two silver bullets and this has been the best mod to date works every time with no issues at all the switch has been perfect in every way put the batteries in and your always good to go perfect.

A great product if you want a high volt mod. If I want to be picky at this one I only wish it would have had a drip tray like the Prodigy which I found a great idea and worked well for me as I do tend to over juice these but that's how I personally like it.

For a few months I had been curious about the Janty ego so I ordered a few for me and my partner. Absolutely perfect for what my personal needs are great battery life, great style, and gives more hit than your standard 510 what more could I ask for till then I tried the low resistance atomisers perfect for when I want that higher volt feeling.

So it's been nearly a month using the Janty ego without any problems at all and hope this will continue but who knows .since using the Janty ego I have not had the need to use the silver bullet or any high voltage mod it seems to satisfy my needs at the moment.

One thing I've learnt you can always rely on the Chinese product to work these days when you need it to at least nine times out of 10 its their and at least these things are more reliable now than two years ago .it can only get better.

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
Zeppelin, I'm with regarding the Prodigy, too much money invested into something that doesn't work, I'm done trying.

I'm on my way to the UK for a visit, how is the e cig tolerated? Funny looks? Anything I should watch out for?

To be honest I just use mine as normal as possible in the UK. In bars and restaurants but I don't go to the bar stand there in their and Flash it in their face as I try and be a less obvious as I can without trying to draw to much attraction etc that way nobody seems to bother. But it's still a Internet based thing mainly here as the average man on the street still doesn't really know what we're using. Course you might get the odd person asked but I can walk down a street and nobody seems to look funny at me at all.

I went on a two-week Mediterranean cruise not so long ago on the Royal Caribbean -- independence of the Seas and had no problem at all. A few waiters did ask what I was using they seem to enjoy me explaining the product. There was only one person that came up and said you can't smoke in the bar. Then I showed him my battery and then he was interested and then he backed off.
I started off on the cruise with a normal 510 but I thought I'm going to use silver bullet as it doesn't look stupid at dinner table and nobody seemed to care or even know what I've got I even gave a few of the staff some disposable units to try as I went stocked up ready to preach the vape if need be.

Quikijiki

ECF Veteran
a great read! I'm in my 4th month of vaping and am currently in a really nice place with my eGo XL Batt setup. I've been thinking about 5v mods for a while now thinking that it can only go better from where i am right now. Reading your report has made me think twice about getting them. Primarily due to the fact that chinese products are way more inexpensive to get a hold on from my country.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread