Status
Not open for further replies.

nicosnack

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Hi Folks,

I'm not here too much 'cause my e-cigs are now-- after a year and three months-- just a regular, reliable part of my life. Enjoyably keeping me free from tobacco for as long as just reported. The perfect nicotine replacement therapy, imho.

Having said that, I'm a bit shocked to log on and see such bad PR for Pure Smoker, as I love my Protege and they have done well by me. I use the Protege at work, and it lasts all day on one battery, and I'd say I'm a heavy user.

To be fair, at home I use Janty Stick V2, which I also love. I just recently misplaced the Protege and used the Stick at work, it too was great. I like them both.

But again, I have to register my very positive experience with Pure Smoker and the Protege in response to what seems like some virulent hostility towards them.

And yes, I'll acknowledge the end cap of the Protege doesn't quite screw in easily, but damn! Ok! Go easy!

It has and does serve me well.

And I like Janty too! :D

vape On!

Last edited:

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
I just want to post my support for both of these companies as well. I started with the Janty stick and for the most part I loved it, but it was to easy for me to break. All that said Janty was more then gracious with their warranty.

When I moved on to Puresmoker with the V1 Prodigy and the V1 PT I did have a few things go wrong with both my first and second order and I thought that thier return policies were too strict. I am becoming accustomed to being screwed in online deals—so im sure my initial hostility didn't help me— but in the end they made everything right and earned my loyal business. I still have a functioning Prodigy V1 and PT V1 to this day (9 months or so). I just started using the Prodigy V2 a week ago and I am loving it. these are solid devices at a very reasonable price. Before I found the puresmoker product line I was buying a new PV every two or three weeks trying to find one I couldn't break and would deliver a consistent reliable draw. I really just wish I would have shelled out the cash for a prodigy in the first place and I would have saved hundreds of dollars experimenting, but unfortunately that is the journey we all make in the wonderful world of vapor. :p

Last edited:

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
I really just wish I would have shelled out the cash for a prodigy in the first place

I think a lot of Prodigy owners probably feel this way.

When I first dipped my toe into the e-cig waters about a year ago it was with an NJOY so understandably my enthusiasm waned quite quickly.

This time around I went straight for what I consider to be the cadillac of e-cigs: The Prodigy. Everything else that I have used pales in comparison - the only bad part is now I have to lug it around all the time because it killed me for anything 3.7V and it burns through cartos/atomz much more quickly.

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
I have to agree with all of you...I bought a Prodigy last fall and I have to say that whenever I've contacted PS (before or after purchase) I've gotten a very fast response and I have no complaints about the product or the service. :D

As a matter of fact, I created a ticket on their website a few days ago, and had a response within 12 hours. It was a warranty question and they were happy to comply.

I'm not sure what the brouhaha has been about, but I'm happy.

Thanks Steve & Casey for doing such a great job.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I'm glad to see this thread. I have had nothing but very positive experiences with PureSmoker. Their level of customer service, at least for me, has been excellent. And the Prodigy V2 and Protege are simply gorgeous.

yanks, I know what you mean about 5v ruining the 3.7v experience. Fortunately, the Protege delivers quite a kick at 3.7. It keeps me very satisfied while I'm at the office and running errands. But when I'm at home, it's my Prodigy all the way. There's nothing quite like my morning coffee and my Prodigy.

yanks21

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
New York
yanks, I know what you mean about 5v ruining the 3.7v experience. Fortunately, the Protege delivers quite a kick at 3.7. It keeps me very satisfied while I'm at the office and running errands. But when I'm at home, it's my Prodigy all the way.

I actually have the Protege as well - the problem is I got the Prodigy FIRST!

Had it been reversed I probably would've been a lot more psyched about the Protege but I'm getting used to it and it's starting to grow on me.

I'm new here but from what I gather a big part of the "bad press" was the initial problems with the original Protege switch which has now been taken care of with the new mechanical one.

Last edited:

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I don't understand the "bad press" because, like I said, PS had been nothing but great to me.

Yes, I've had some questions and minor issues along the way. And, for every ticket I've opened with them, each response (usually coming within a few hours) has been helpful, professional, and friendly. I feel they really want to keep their customers happy.

I'm not saying other people don't have legitimate issues with the level of customer service they received. I simply don't know. All I know is what I have experienced. But I do know that -- as some people have described in their own rants -- being antagonistic to Steve and Casey and then posting in multiple threads about how terrible they are, all over a 20-dollar switch won't win you any customer-of-the month awards. It also doesn't help make your case when, along with your rant about how terrible PS and their products are, you're plugging another company's mod. And if a happy user dares to post in one of those rants and questions anything about it, the "fanboy" label gets lobbed at them.

Maybe I view these devices differently than other people. The way I see it, PS has created a beautiful device at a very reasonable price point and offers as much support/warranty coverage as they can. But this is a mod for a device that involves voltage, heat, liquid, and moving parts. It's not a matter of if you'll have an issue, but when. So it might behoove a user to know how the thing works, how to take it apart and clean it, and how to put it back together. This should apply to any mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread