VG disposables. Question about battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay2

Nov 24, 2014
England
I'm allergic to PG, so I was looking for VG disposables. In Britain (harder still lol)

Yeah, I know they're overpriced etc, but thought they might come in handy when dashing out (having forgotten to recharge) for instance. I never tried disposables before, so I can't compare with PG. I don't see why the base liquid should affect the battery life, but I'm willing to be convinced. Or maybe there's something about the way I vape. or mybe I'm cursed. But here's results of my quest so far:

Intellicig disposables: very nice price, very nice company too, so I confidently bought loads (well, 14). Vaped 3 of them, thus far, found they only lasted an hour or two before the battery packed in. ! Wonderered if that's why they're so cheap.Shocked! (still got 'em, by the way. Thinking of trying a sample from all the different batches to be sure. They sent mix of 4 different batch numbers)

South Beach disposable: Hmm, not keen on the taste, but worse- they seem to no longer than the intellicig ones. Can this really be a run of bad luck? What the heck is going on?

Blu disposables: Just sent an angry mail, in advance of returning damned things. Blu products are no longer VG, but that info was far from salient on their website. I mean EVERYBODY knows that Blu are 100% VG. Bloody lucky I read the smallprint on the packages.

Anyway, this is getting really tedious. And expensive. Can anybody explain why these things are so short-lived? I don't seem to be getting nicotine poisoning from vaping the whole thing so fast, so I do think the batteries must be copping out before the juice is gone.

I'm a stubbornn bugger. So, yep, i will likely be trying other companies. Any recommendations? Must be VG. Must have a UK outlet, or else ship to the UK)

jay

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Most of us here have given up on cig-alikes. Are you opposed to buying a more powerful, longer lasting device? A small 650 mah Ego style battery with either a refillable cartomizer or refillable clearomizer will last for several hours and you can buy any liquid you want or DIY your own.
eGo-batteries7-500x500.jpg
1108d1278583719-510-cartomizer.jpg

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I wouldn't recommend anybody throw money at Blu and Intellicig? (Tobacco companies)... and South Beach are just a massive rip-off

The pathetic battery of life of what you've been buying is normal for these products.

Buy a backup eGo battery, tank/clearomiser and get vaping on VG liquid. :)

Jay? what is it you are trying to work out.... a small easy to use (backup?spare?) e-cig using VG?

That's easy enough to fix up!

Last edited:

Jay2

Nov 24, 2014
England
The pathetic battery of life of what you've been buying is normal for these products.
!

Damn. Suspected as much. But hey! They say "equivalent to up to... 20 cigs/30 cigs/ whatever" and I get nothing remotely like that. I guess the "up to" part prevents it contravening the Trades Description Act?

But then again I keep reading about people who are happy with their disposable cigs. So some of them must work OK, for some people.

Jay? what is it you are trying to work out.... a small easy to use (backup?spare?) e-cig using VG?

That's easy enough to fix up!
Like I said. I want something that I can just grab, when i forget to charge up/ mislay bits of kit/ whatever. am very scatterbrained and apt to resort to smoking actual cigs when challenged.
Also, since developing PG allergy, I've had such a ridiculously hard time finding VG products in the UK, I now have an idea of finding EVERY product out there, then setting up a site, directing others to same. New vapers usually start with cigalikes, and Disposables are easiest of all, if making the switch. ...Umm, well, at least so i initially supposed (not having tried 'em before) but experience thuus far wouldn't lead me to recommend them at all :(

Anyways, come onnnn, guys. If I want it , I want it. I shouldn't be compelled to explain myself. hmm?
Especially not twice over (some people asked questions I'd already answered in first post)

Amraan I'm not the least bit "opposed to buying a longer-lasting more powerful device".I bought my first one 10 months back, currently considering trying a different design. But that wasn't the topic of my post. I figured I'd already made it a bit too wordy, without including my entire vaping history. *chuckle*

Anyway , TYVM for replies :)

I'm till intrigued to hear further takes on the original question. Can't believe those things are all that bad. could it be that I suck too hard, or something?

jay :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread