Vg juice question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
Are they juices that you normally like in PG versions? Otherwise, there's no way of knowing if it's the VG or flavor that isn't working...

As a 100% VG vaper (due to allergy), I can say that I have no use for cartos and all the problems that come with them, including limitations on what juices work with them. I stick with dripping and enjoy many more juices than I could otherwise...

That being said, I see many posts from people who do enjoy all-VG in cartos by just adding a few drops of water and shaking it up.

silentdoom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
MO
My belief is, eventually someone years later will *probably* find something bad about the consumption of PV's. Nicotine is probably the worst thing in our juices, but I'm afraid pg will end up hurting us. I don't need a throat hit, just want tons of vapor and flavor which is why I would rather go all natural, vg.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Silent, PG has long been used in inhalators for medical breathing machines -- I seriously doubt there is any health risk from PG (I frankly worry a bit about VG, since it is, after all, oil-based).

That said, I have read where folks will add a few drops of distilled water to thin out their VG juices -- and some vendors have perfected "thinning down" VG to the point where it no longer kills cartos (or so I've heard -- I can't personally vape anything over 35% VG). Virgin Vapors is one such vendor, I believe.

Good luck!

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
(I frankly worry a bit about VG, since it is, after all, oil-based).

Vegetable glycerin (glycerol, glycerine) is not "oil-based" nor is it a fat, it is a sugar alcohol, that is, a form of carbohydrate. Glycerol does form the molecular "backbone" for triglycerides but by itself is not a lipid (fat). See, e.g. -

Glycerol - Wikipedia
Sugar alcohol - Wikipedia

Mikey Likesit

Mar 18, 2012
Louisiana
Eleanor- I have an ego-c which is most likely where my problems are occurring. The only reason why I ordered 100% vg was bc I heard multiple people say it worked fine with the c. Oh well, didn't waste too much money!
I just tried my first 100%VG RY4 on an eGo-c and it vaped pretty good to me. Subtle after taste and decent TH for a VG.

EleanorR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
Treasure Coast
Vegetable glycerin (glycerol, glycerine) is not "oil-based" nor is it a fat, it is a sugar alcohol, that is, a form of carbohydrate. Glycerol does form the molecular "backbone" for triglycerides but by itself is not a lipid (fat). See, e.g. -

Glycerol - Wikipedia
Sugar alcohol - Wikipedia

Thank you for that info! (Learn something new every day: Check.) So although it is derived from animal or vegetable fats, VG is actually a carbohydrate.

I'll try all my juices again in a few days. I'm letting them steep.

Steeping is always a good idea, unless the juice came via slow boat from China (and thus has already had plenty of time to steep!). :)

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
First of all. I have a ego c with both standard and low resistance heads. I ordered a few 100%vg e liquid. It doesn't taste, great, and I'm guessing my setup can't handle it? What's should I do?

BTW, the leading #1 cause of a juice not tasting good, is that you don't like the juice! ;-)

In fact, it's pretty safe to say that anyone would not like the vast majority of juices out there. It's pretty rare that anyone will genuinely enjoy more than a handful of flavors at any given time.

Unless you try VG juices from other vendors and come up with the same thing, more than likely, the particular flavor you got just isn't your thing...VG from different vendors varies drastically, and there are many that you could never tell are VG unless you look at the label...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread