VG/PG ratio for RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
The throat hit will be higher with the extra PG and flavor will be diminished from watering it down but it will still work well since its an RDTA and not a higher wattage tank that requires VG to not leak out.

You can find 100mg/ml VG based nic, that would lessen the throat hit and flavor drop off.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I only have 48 mg nic (in PG) right now (I know... that was a mistake) I can also add VG but then it will dilute the flavor too much. By the way using rayon (really like it in my RTAs) It's a dual coil build... simple claptons around 0.3 to 0.4 ohms for the pair so not using very high watts. The juice is Smores (I've never tried chocolate so very exited... would be a shame to dilute it too much) I may end up adding even more nic and just use it in my MTL tank.

• Winner
Reactions: TrollDragon

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I only have 48 mg nic (in PG) right now (I know... that was a mistake) I can also add VG but then it will dilute the flavor too much. By the way using rayon (really like it in my RTAs) It's a dual coil build... simple claptons around 0.3 to 0.4 ohms for the pair so not using very high watts. The juice is Smores (I've never tried chocolate so very exited... would be a shame to dilute it too much) I may end up adding even more nic and just use it in my MTL tank.
Rayon is awesome! Chocolate vapes are hit or miss for me, it seems to be a really hard flavor to get right.

• Winner
Reactions: Don29palms

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Just curious... how do most of you fill your RDTA? This one has tiny holes (to use a syringe with bunt tip needle) but they are too small (I think they do help air get into tank though) I tried using the blunt needle to go through wick hole but it was a tight fit and pushed the wick too much... don't want to do that again. I can unscrew the deck from tank but worried about juice getting into the adapter See link below to see how this works (BTW, I got this kit for $10 and can just use it as dripper (RDA and still also use the MTL drop-in coil tank so no loss) Basically, thinking of drilling out one of the holes so a decent size blunt needle will work (16 ga)
Aspire Quad-Flex Survival Kit - Aspire® Official Site

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I actually decided to just use it as a RDA. Never actually tried that (except for quick flavor tests for my DIY juices) Much easier to re-wick and don't mind drippin' because I only use it at home. I do still like the idea of a RDTA if someone can suggest one that is easy to refill (besides the little one I mentioned) Something not too big but dual coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread