Vg/pg

Status
Not open for further replies.

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
i was reading some threads about vg giving less throat hit and pg being better for throat hit. i also read that vg produces more vapor. so i currently vape a 60/40 vg/pg blend. to get better throat hit should i increase the pg? i assumed by raising the level of vg and getting more vapor i would get more throat hit. I havent tried a higher level of pg yet but just wanted to get some more experienced advice before buying a new juice.

cheers
jeff

calikimm

Resting In Peace
Jan 18, 2012
California, USA
I use a Provari & have for 20 months. I started out with 100 % PG. I had a problem with still coughing & over time began lowering my PG level. It has been my experience that yes VG gives more vapor & less TH. I would say if you want more TH you might want to either adjust your vv higher or up your PG level or both.
I don't know about tobacco flavor I don't vape it, I mostly vape fruit & bakery juices. I also set my vv to 4.1-4.3

Last edited:

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
i just setup up a AGA t2 with a 325 ss mesh coil at 1.8 ohms with 32 gauge A1 kanthal on a provari. it hits good around 4 volts. i have a 60/40 vg/pg at 6-12mg nic level( i mix 2 different juices one 6mg and one 12 mg to get an average aroud 8-10mg) i was just curious if i could get a better throat hit with more pg. i always thought pg was for sweeter juices and produced less vapor than vg. so i went more vg thinking it produced more vapor and in turn more throat hit but now im told i could get better thorat hit with more pg. i dont want to increase the nic level so im open for suggestions and thanks for any info

cheers
jeff

corruption42

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
In my own little world
VG produces a bit more volume of vapor -- but it tends to be quite smooth. PG tends to 'brighten' flavors -- not so much that its better for flavors, per se, just that its own tones help highlight certain tones in some juices. There is a bit of throat hit with PG as well -- you could try something more like 60/40 PG/VG, or 80/20 PG/VG... you'll still get plenty of vapor, just not as much as the same mix with a heavier VG content. Even PG alone still produces vapor, it just isn't as thick and doesn't linger as long as VG's vapor.

Also, as calikimm said -- try bumping up the voltage on your Provari a bit... the stainless wick can take it :)

Last edited:

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
thanks for the tips corruption. that makes sense, and cudos to calikimm, i adjusted the voltage a bit and wow what a difference. im am new to this forum and already am addicted to the vast info available. I havent put my laptop down since i signed up. i appreciate you taking the time to direct a newbie like me in the right direction.

cheers
jeff

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant. Started at 36 mg 60/ 40 PG/ VG but now vaping 2 mg @ 85/ 15 PG/ VG.. If I hadn't raised the PG level in my juice there would be little or no TH. Menthol also helps.
Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG. I vape 70/ 30 PG/ VG.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I have a couple of 80/20 PG/VG (0 nic) juices and they have no TH at all.. As in its smooth as butter..

Can anyone help?

Quite frustrated cos I don't get that 'umph' like with analogs every time I take s drag..

Post #12...
"Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread